“Marina views” 4 of 5 bubbles

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #144 of 1,097 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
California, USA
“Marina views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location with lot's of parking, get a table with the view to the Marina. Lot's of great dishes I prefer the shrimp dishes my friends like crab. tasty beers too. recommended MeuterMedia

• Visited June 2014

Long Beach, California, Usa
“If you want CRABS come here ... forget the rest of the menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been a patron of " Joes Crab Shack" for quite some time now. I like to go there for my Birthday or special days. My Wife and I went this past weekend and found out why we only order the " Pots" that they offer. It was only her and I so we there and were seated and asked if it was a special occasion ( we went because I had gotten a coupon for my B day for a free dessert) and we told the hostess it was my Birthday.
We were seated and it took quite some time to have the waitress attend to us. No big deal. She finally brought the menus and explained they had a " Special " menu. I decided to try something off the " Special Menu" and so did my Wife. She ordered the " Malibu Shrimp " and I had the Bacon wrapped shrimp and Mahi Mahi. Well it took about 15 min before they brought out our food. When my Wife got hers we both looked at each other and commented " REALLY? " There were shrimp on there and they certainly deserved the name of "Shrimp" I think these shrimp belonged in a Salad not a dinner plate. They were pale and soft with no flavor . They were tossed in with some tomato and onion and we think it was mango. It was hard to tell because it had no flavor and the size and quantity were very small ( even for my Wife and shes not a big eater). Next my plate came.... I expected what they displayed on the menu .. We actually had to ask ourselves if they had gotten me the wrong order. I told my Wife that this cant be what I ordered because it looked nothing like what was on the menu. I was finally able to get the waitress attention after about 10 min and asked her to bring me a menu. She did and I looked at the picture on the Menu and my plate and asked the Waitress " Is my plate the same thing that is in this menu? She said " Yes Sir" I asked her to please get me the manager.
The manager came after about another 10 min ( My wife had already eaten her meal ) . I asked the manager " Why do you show one thing in the menu and then bring me a plate that looks like this? " I explained to her " The cole slaw looks as if it has been in its container all day long as the container was soggy and soaked through , The Blob of potatoes looks nothing like the potatoes in the picture , the tiny salad size over cooked shrimp were supposed to be "Bacon Wrapped" there was a tiny piece of thin bacon somehow by magic stuck to the tiny shrimp ... and they looked nothing like what was in the picture which showed large nice full sized shrimp with a piece of bacon wrapped around it. The Fish was a " Chunk" of about 2 inch by 2 inch over cooked dried out fish. The manager replied " Well your plate cannot look exactly like the picture on the menu sir" I explained to her " Obviously I know that .. but it should at least contain what is in the picture .. this is not that" she said can I get you another plate or something else off the menu ... I said " No" I just want what I ordered .. she said " I will get you another plate".
My wife was done with her meal a long time before I ever got my second plate. I should have quit while I was ahead. Here is the Breakdown on the $20.00 special.
Corn on the Cob : Dry
Potatoes: Mushy blob
Cole slaw: Two bites at best ( it was good thou)
Mahi Mahi: Way over cooked and dry
Bacon wrapped shrimp: I want to know how they stick the tiny piece of Bacon to the Salad shrimp.
Dessert: It was the Apple Pie with Cinnamon Ice Cream. Tasted good but mushy.

Well needless to say We were more than disappointed. We usually go to this location with 8-12 people and We have eaten at this location many many many times for many birthdays and events. It has always been a good experience and good meals. I guess if you go there stick to the " Crab Pots " and such but stay away from the other items on the menu. It cost us $40 for this meal ( and that was with specials) at best should have been $20 out the door with tip.
PS: I never did get my " Happy Birthday Song"

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Temecula, California
“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Food was a little salty. I had the shrimp stuffed with crabmeat and my husband had the shrimp wrap in bacon. The server wasn't so accommodating the restaurant wasn't busy but we had to wait for somebody to come by because we need water and my husband didn't like his Bloody Mary it took a little while for her to bring the beer. Ambiance is nice you're looking at the marina bay where all the boats are docked. Lots of parking and quite (It was a Thursday afternoon late lunch )

• Visited May 2014
Countryside, Illinois
“GOOD SEAFOOD AND A GREAT TASTE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had the stone crab and gumbo and it was quite delicious. The atmosphere was marine and the condiment bottles made from beer bottles with holes in the top of the corks and buckets suited this place quite well. What seemed like a decorator's nightmare for a food establishment turned out to be quite well done.

Visited March 2014
Oklahoma
“Hands Down...Fantastic Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The location of this Joe's is awesome! They have outside/sheltered seating with heaters which we needed on the chilly evening we dined there. The sun was setting and made for a beautiful evening.... And now the FOOD! It was delicious! I'm a crazy crableg connoisseur and I got the basket that had Snow, Queen, and the devine Dungeoness crablegs. They were cooked and seasoned to perfection! Everyone in our group enjoyed what they ordered and the service was good too! Friendly and eager to please! I would go here once a week if I lived in the area!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!