“great service and nice to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Got there pretty late in the morning to head to convention center for a Amway convention, but got stuck at the end and could not find anywhere to stay at at it seems everywhere i called and went to was booked or run down for my taste.

After several hours and a bad taste from all the people and sites my wife and I went to, we finally decided to call Comfort Inn. The gentleman who answered the phone was JAIME, and he said, "Don't worry, come over and we'll have something for you right now." Well I did and we went. and to our surprise he said they would only charge us one night and not to worry. He asked us to join us for breakfast and we enjoyed it 100%. The entire Location was clean and the staff friendly. Overall - I recommend this spot to anyone who wants to enjoy all the great accommodations and great staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jose O
comfortlgb, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Jose O,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope the Amway convention went well. I will sure to pass on your encouragement to Jaime. He will be proud.

Thanks for the review again.

Myrtle Afoa
Manager

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Needed a room for New Year's Eve, and found this one last-minute. was kinda pricy, especially since it's four miles from the beach. Even though the hotel itself is in a residential/business neighborhood, all the rooms are "inside," so it was very quiet. However, since it was New Year's Eve, there were some noisy room neighbors who stayed up close to sunrise. The breakfast room was good-sized and the food selection was plentiful. Might stay again if nothing closer to the beach was available.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Kewellbeans
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for second time in two years and it is better than ever. Not only did Christian remember my husband and I, but he along with all the others that work there, are so friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean, and rate reasonable. Heck, I travel a ton and pay upward of 300.00 per room and some are not near as clean and or the staff not as nice and helpful. Cleanliness, very very nice staff, and with the hotel security system I happily will return solo for my many business trips.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank c s
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were returning from a cruise and decided to spend a few days in the LA area before returning home to Pennsylvania. We chose the Comfort Inn in Long Beach because we were planning a trip to Catalina Island and wanted a hotel that was near the pier, but not one of the high-priced downtown hotels. The Comfort Inn is in a suburban neighborhood with a lot of strip malls and fast-food restaurants. However, it’s only a short distance from the downtown area and 2 major freeways, the I-405 & the I-710.
Our room was clean and well maintained. The rooms, or at least the one we were in, were quite spacious. The front desk staff was helpful & friendly. The price was reasonable. The senior rate was less than $100/night. It’s hard to find a decent hotel in the LA area for that price.
What I liked best was the self-service laundry. We came back from our cruise with a load of laundry so that really came in handy.
For a decent hotel at a reasonable price that’s away from the downtown area, but is still in a convenient location, the Comfort Inn in Long Beach is a good choice.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 floors and no elevator, so if you have heavy luggage, request a 1st floor. Also, th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KenGPhila
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I booked a one night stay with the Park and Cruise package.
The property is nothing special to look at from the outside, but inside was excellent, and the service was superb. The room had all the extras we have come to expect; refrigerator, microwave, free internet, etc. We parked for 15 days, and there was no problem with the car when we returned, but the staff were absolutely beyond great. The free taxi service to and from the cruise terminal, only about 10 minutes away, was hassle free and included in the price. We especially liked the extra touch of being able to stay in the room until 12:30pm, so we would not arrive at the ship too early. I did not get the names of anyone at the front desk, but they were all friendly and very helpful.
The neighborhood has everything one would need close by, since it across the street from a mall, and there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ib P
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My room was upgraded to a full spa tub type. Everything was super clean and in excellent working order. Great Bedding, TV, Bath etc. Room rate was very competitive and the front desk personnel were efficient and friendly and made you feel welcomed. Nice free breakfast menu too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank HappinessinVegas
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I, along with two other couples stayed at this hotel before and after our Hawaii cruise. Keri let me park our car under the awning, which was a big plus. The rooms were spacious & clean, the pool area was welcoming. This set the stage for a very relaxing cruise & a great post cruise rest. A CVS pharmacy was right across the street along with several fast food places. Just the price of the motel was about $50 less than parking at the pier.

Room Tip: We booked a regular room and was surprises to get suites for all 3 couples.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends