“brilliant helpful staff”

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Long Beach
glasgow scotland
“brilliant helpful staff”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

excellent accomodation very friendly and helpful staff nothing was to much bother, rooms and pool area spotless absolutely no complaints at all. Buffet breakfast also excellent good choice of hot and cold buffet

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
comfortablelb, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Myrtle Afoa,
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Redlands, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spent one night while helping my daughter move to Long Beach. Beautiful little place. Room was spacious and very nicely appointed. Bed was one of the best I've EVER had at a hotel. Private balcony overlooked the well kept pool and courtyard. Plus breakfast in the AM and location is close to many food options, a drugstore and a grocery store. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RanchoMG
Hello!
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy you loved the bed, most of our guests love our beds. It's so important to get a good nights rest.

Myrtle Afoa
Ticonderoga, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2014

There is a delightful secret oasis tucked away on Willow Ave in Long Beach - The
Comfort Inn & Suites. I have been staying there for years. Drug Stores, supermarkets,
and retail stores are all within walking distance. Public transportation takes you all over
the city. But, best of all is the staff! They are all knowledgeable, friendly, and get the job done whatever it is. The security is outstanding. Upon entering my oasis, I hear the gate clang.
I know I am safe and at home.

Room Tip: Request a second floor room overlooking the courtyard and pool.
Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Margaret H
comfortlgb, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Our second floor balcony rooms are the favorite. Our guests love sipping coffee over looking the pool from the balcony.
We hope to see you soon.

Myrtle Afoa,
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Arrived from LAX by Prime Time Shuttle, it was $32 for two of us. It took about an hour.

Pros: Staff was friendly and attentive. Large rooms, new carpet. Within walking distance is McD's, Burger King, Carls Jr, Wienerschnitzel, Taco Bell, Papa Johns, Subway, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, a grocery store called Albertsons, and a dollar store called Just a Buck. Pre cruise stay, taxi to Carnival Cruise Port cost $20 for four of us.

Metro Rail is about a block away and take you to downtown Long Beach. Some scary people there, but for $1.50 on way it is a cheap way to go to downtown attractions.

Cons: location- Shady people in the area. If you are from a city and are use to those things it may not bother you. People selling cd's and movies in parking lots, drunks, lots of foul language, and women for hire. Wouldn't personally go out after dark.

For the price I would next time stay on the Queen Mary, enjoy the free Red Passport Bus to local attractions and the ability to walk a few yard to the Carnival Check in dome.

Room Tip: Only 5 good rooms with view advertised. For one of those ask for a upstairs room overlooking the po...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank ShortBuckle
Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My flight was delayed so I didn't get to the hotel til about 9pm. I was greeted very warmly and given a room (an upgrade) with great efficiency. As my room was a king room with a jacuzzi in it, and I was dog-tired and sore from my 6+ hours of flying, I did something I never do: I actually used the jacuzzi. I normally NEVER do this as it usually creeps me out to think how un-clean most are. So, that says something about how CLEAN this room was!! The room had that just-renovated smell with new carpet and a larrge TV. After soaking, I fell into a deep, comfortable sleep.
Breakfast the next morning was usual fare for this type of hotel- waffles, eggs, sausage, and other continental type stuff. It was about as good as anywhere else. Coffee was instant and just ok. I was greeted warmly again when checking out. Although I was only here one night, I would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jhg155
La Quinta, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had made a mistake in the dates of my stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Long Beach.
When I realized I needed to come in a day earlier, I called the hotel to find out they were booked.
Christian worked with me and was very pleasant.....he recommended I call the next day and talk to Myrtle, the manager which I did. She was gracious, professional, kind and helpful. She was able to pull off a miracle and place me in a room. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Christian who was extremely nice and helpful. My room was exceptionally clean and pleasant. I was not bothered by noise at all. I would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Long Beach, it is very close to the downtown area, and you are not paying the high rates of the bigger hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Betty B
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Got there pretty late in the morning to head to convention center for a Amway convention, but got stuck at the end and could not find anywhere to stay at at it seems everywhere i called and went to was booked or run down for my taste.

After several hours and a bad taste from all the people and sites my wife and I went to, we finally decided to call Comfort Inn. The gentleman who answered the phone was JAIME, and he said, "Don't worry, come over and we'll have something for you right now." Well I did and we went. and to our surprise he said they would only charge us one night and not to worry. He asked us to join us for breakfast and we enjoyed it 100%. The entire Location was clean and the staff friendly. Overall - I recommend this spot to anyone who wants to enjoy all the great accommodations and great staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jose O
comfortlgb, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Jose O,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope the Amway convention went well. I will sure to pass on your encouragement to Jaime. He will be proud.

Thanks for the review again.

Myrtle Afoa