“Horrible experience ! No more !”
Review of Long Beach Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Long Beach Inn
Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We arrived the hotel with assurance that will be a cheap one, previously checked opinions at net. That was disgusting , I thought we arrive Tijuana already ! Dirty , smells , no breakfast - as was on website, even there was no kitchen. Everything looks like from horror movies (eg."Hostel"), even the hotel service - extremely not nice . Fully recommended for Halloween parties.
The location very poor as well, no shops or restaurants around.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luke O
There are newer reviews for Long Beach Inn

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I booked by phone but when I arrive I asked to show me the room. It seemed ok but it was hot and dirty. Externally there was a bad smell of "piss" and it was not so cheap so I decide to move away to another Inn

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mirco Z
Reviewed 16 July 2012

From the other reviews I thought this place was gonna be a good value for the price but when my credit card was charged 3 times it took over an hour on the phone with my credit card company to straighten it out and the lady at the front desk who "accidentally" did it argued with me that there is no way she did that, I had to have my credit card company yell at her to convince her she messed it up royally and they had put my card over the limit and it will be 3 to 5 days till the money is credited back to my account, I was already pissed before I even saw the room....the rooms are tiny and the bathroom is tiny and the shower is gross...it looks like one of those pay by the hour, no tell motels.... If they wouldn't have jacked all my available credit on my card I wouldn't have even stayed there but I had no choice. Unless you like feeling like you are in danger, gonna get a disease if you touch anything or you need a hooker do not stay at this motel!!! I will not be staying at this hotel ever again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank lozano89115
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Okay. That pretty much sums it up.

I have pretty low standards: I'm a postgrad student on a small income, travelling the US for research purposes and trying to do it as cheaply as possible without staying in hostels. I don't pay a lot of money for accommodation, and I don't expect much in return. I was looking for somewhere cheap and close to CSU where I was doing research. It ticked those boxes. The place is pretty old, and not in an overwhelmingly great area. Still, it was clean, the staff were really friendly (they seemed concerned about the fact I was a young woman travelling alone and were super helpful), and there were no bugs. So there's some more boxes ticked. You have to pay for the internet, but it's pretty cheap.

That said... If you're looking for somewhere close to the sights, this is probably not the place. It's not super far - I travelled Downtown a couple of days while I was there, and there's a bus that leaves from pretty much straight outside the hotel. It's not the most frequent bus and it end pretty early at night, but it's easy to navigate and will take you where you want to go.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Kyla C
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We discovered this motel on the internet and decided to spend 2 days and 2 nights there. We were very happy with our choice. EVERYTHING was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very courteous and helpful and it was a lovely, quiet place. It was a very good price and we will be returning there again whenever we come to Longbeach. They were very dedicated in making their guests happy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Neil A
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I recently traveled from Oregon to long beach and I came across this motel long beach inn. Wonderful place! So close to Beach and downtown, but you would never know you are in a big, busy city. The inn has a lot of open space around it . which makes the place peaceful and very restful. I stayed here for three weeks and rented a room with kitchen.

My experience here Was awesome with neat and clean rooms. The staff is attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this reasonable, clean and friendly motel

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
18  Thank austin p
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Disgusting doesn’t begin to describe this place!! First and foremost this hotel is infested with cockroaches! I spent a good portion of my stay there looking out for and killing them. The Long Beach Inn has got to be a health hazard. Honestly, the ONLY reason I stayed there is because my dog and I had just arrived back into town and unfortunately had nowhere else to go. I will give them that much…they were the only place I could find that would allow my pup to stay. (She’s 20 lb.’s btw)
Of course I did pay extra for her naturally. It was $65.00 total for Friday night. Then when I paid for Saturday night the woman, (said she was the manager), working charged me $70.00 and told me it was more for Saturdays and Sundays even though I had already confirmed with the man on Friday it would be the same rate if I stayed the following night. Actually struck me as “funny” that their weekend rates were for Sat. and Sun. and not Fri.??? At least she was polite.
Not to sound too much like a resentful, ungrateful jerk, but while I’m at it I might as well include the fact that the much older man who came in Sat. afternoon was a real @ss! Since I was staying another night I asked him if the Wi-Fi fee needed to be paid again. He quickly mumbled something under his breath that I didn’t understand, and when I asked again he became angry and nasty toward me. And the Wi-Fi… it’s $3.00 a day and the signal is basically non-existent. I was constantly disconnected. Lame.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay. I do regret not having a camera with me.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo