“Run away fast!!!!!”

Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
El Centro, California, United States
“Run away fast!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is absolutely the worst place to stay. The owner/staff was very rude. When I arrived with my friends who were staying at another hotel, the owner wouldn't let me check in until I came back without anyone. When I returned to the hotel the second time to check in, his wife looked in my car to make sure I had no one hiding. The room was not anything like the photos and it did not seem safe at all. I didn't even stay the night, I checked out and went elsewhere. The lady at my new motel told me that Carlton Motel was very unsafe it was not a good place to stay. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Walls Motel, real close to this place and much better service and staff.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Corey C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I payed to stay in this hotel for 3 nights. I am a person who looks for a bargain, so the price was right, but this is a place I will never visit again. The staff was incredibly rude, I was freezing the first night, and they refused an extra blanket, or any kind of help. On the Priceline website, it said that we were 10 minutes walking distance from downtown, in reality we were 30 minutes driving. I travel very frequently, and I have never had such an awful experience anywhere. There are many hotels very close to this one, and i strongly suggest you stay in a different location. I am extremely dissatisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kristendb

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2012

horrible motel, overpriced, location is bad and unsafe, they indian old man in front desk was very very rude and made us wait for a room for 2 hrs outside, it was 9pm, we were waiting until 11pm...i would never stay there again, no breakfast, no ice machine, rooms were dirty and beds very uncomfortable. if you have a choice to stay somehere else for couple buks extra please do stay somewhere else. the only good thing was parking.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lena I
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We never even got into we had reserved because we could not park & the manager would not even try to help us. When we booked the room we were told we would have no problem parking but that was not the case. The manager barely spoke english & refused to give us a phone number to call & try to cancel so we could go somewhere else or anything. We have been here since 6:00pm & it is now 9:15pm. We still have no room & no money thinks to the Carlton Motel of Long Beach.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Carlton Motels.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank babygirl6246
orange
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Absolutely horrible experience, arrived early around 12 noon, asked if i could use the restroom and the Manager just laughed in my face and mumbled something. When i finally checked in at about 1am the manager was stalking us as we parked and un-loaded.
A friend was not safe to drive so we had him stay with us. 5 minutes into our stay he pounded at the door, we answered the door and the manager started yelling at us while blowing cigarette smoke into the room. He was yelling "get out! get out! you must get out! you have one extra person in the room and you must leave now!!!! we told him we were eating dinner and that our friend was not safe to drive home over 2 hours away, we did not plan on having 3 so please leave us alone. We also stated that we would be checking out by 9 am so what is the problem. My friend woke up at around 6 am the the manger was still outside the room smoking cigarettes walking back and forth in front of our window seemingly stalking us to leave. My friend went out to his car for a bottle of water and was harassed by the manager the entire way to the car.
I was overall scared for my safety and wish this experience happens to no one else.
I have had to re write this review several times due to computer failure so that should be more proof of my seriousness on the matter.
Pity people can treat others in that manner and still look at them-self in the mirror.
Truly,
Extremely concerned guest.

Room Tip: Best tip is to choose another hotel and avoid at ALL COST!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cashman22
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Old simple motel rooms with simple dusty interieur. Don't book this for more then one night. Its like the walls are coming at you.

• Stayed February 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Its a very small motel, very easy to miss. I didn't like the parking lot, I was afraid of hitting someone in my SUV. And going in and out of the parking lot is one way. Over all the room was ok, very small but nice. The walls are extremely thin, we could clearly hear our neighbors doing everything ! What I didn't like is that at 10:40am the manger came knocking at the door and told me I needed to wake up because it's check out time. Check out is 11am. And then when I was taking my stuff to the car at 10:55am stood a door away watching me and checking his watch repeatedly. After I shut the hotel door he didn't even give me time to put my purse in the car before rudely reminding me "Hey, I need my key!"
Other than that it was fine. We've stayed here a few times before and probably will again. Its close to almost everything and pretty cheap.

• Stayed February 2012