“A good budget motel”

Ranked #46 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Canberra
“A good budget motel”
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Far better than we expected from other reviews. Rooms are small but clean and well appointed for a budget motel, with fridge and microwave. Staff were friendly. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CLBCanberra
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Carlton Motel Long Beach, responded to this review, 18 November 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we greatly appreciate your kind words. The newly remodeled guestrooms have been warmly received by our guests and our staff takes great pride in the quality of our motel. I will be sure to pass on your review to our staff as they will certainly be pleased.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Riverside, California
Reviewed 6 July 2008

If you read a good review, it must have been written by the owners. The room was not even close to being clean...found a hair and sand in the bed when we pulled back the sheets. there was a 1/4 inch of toilet paper left on the roll, I asked the manager for a roll, he told me that I have enough, but I insisted and he did give me a roll. I also told him that there was only one wash cloth.....at which time he explained that even if there was four people, you get only one wash cloth. ( I don't know how you could ever get 4 people in those tiny rooms) No micro wave, and no breakfast that I ever saw.

• Liked — I really didn't like it at all
  • Disliked — The atitude of the manager...one wash cloth and couldn't get a second
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
CARLTONMOTELLB, Owner at Carlton Motel Long Beach, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
The hotel has gone thru new ownership and management as of Jan 2010. As you can see the most recent reviews have been much better than anything from 2008. We have all staff and have redone all the rooms from top to bottom!

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

New York
Reviewed 24 April 2008

The rooms are teeny tiny, the beds rock hard. The much-vaunted plasma TV in my room didn't work, and there was no continental breakfast.

Worst of all, I was double-billed for my stay, and management refused to accept responsibility or make it right before I left.

Stayed April 2008
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.The Carlton Motel has recently upgraded the guestrooms which feature a clean modern decor with several new amenities including Free high speed internet. The friendly staff would like to welcome you back during your next visit to Long Beach and we can assure you that the issues mentioned have been completely resolved.