“Pleasant Stay--Good value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Pleasant Stay--Good value”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were looking for a clean place to stay close to the port of Long Beach and were very happy with our overnight at the Best Western Long Beach. It was clean, the staff were helpful and pleasant, and we had a restful night before departing for our cruise. The staff were particularly helpful in offering their park-and-shuttle service. We left our car there at the hotel and were shuttled back and forth to the port. It was fast and convenient and was about a third the fee of the parking structure at the port.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Sandra W
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review sharing your experiences. I am glad that you found our location and service to be exceptional. I will share your kind words with our team. Thank you also for making us your first choice for future stays in Long Beach. We can't wait to have you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Nashville, TN, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pleasant stay in Long Beach. Best Western Long Beach is very comfortable, conveniently located in midtown area on major street to Bixby Knoll area, has helpful, friendly staff. On-site covered parking is a bonus.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. It is nice to hear that you found our service at the property to meet your needs during your stay here in Long Beach. I like to mention we are located 1.5 miles from beach front of Long Beach where there is the Pike and Shoreline Village, there is a conveniently located metro rail blue line station across the street from hotel this line will connect to Los Angeles down town at 7th street station where you can transfer to Hollywood, China Town and West Los Angeles We look forward to your next trip back to our Long Beach California.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I arrived late on a Monday night and was greeted warmly at the front desk, I was checked in quickly and also given a room upgrade. the staff was very helpful and directed me to a couple places to get a bite to eat. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. the property was well maintained. the neighborhood on the other hand is not a place to be at night, but it is close to transportation and you can get away quickly. Best Western has made the best of a bad location.

Green Features: didn't notice anything special in regards to being green. this in no way saying they had nothing in place.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We're truly grateful that you took the time to share your recent experience, as the detail that you've provided will give us the opportunity to get a clear perspective of our guest's time at the Best Western of Long Beach. Thank you for sharing we hope to see you on your next visit to Long Beach.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff went above and beyound the call off duty to help us plan our day trips and helped us find our way around. The rooms were very clean and well maintained, and with the metro just outside the door made it very easy to acess downtown. the only downer is that there is no shuttle from the LAX airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate your kind remarks and they have been shred with our staff. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward toward next time. Thanks again!
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Let's start with the positive:
- Rooms: are fine, king bed and mattress are very good...
- Housekeeping: Very nice people and room was spotless...
- Blue metro line in front of the hotel brings you to LA downtown for a few dollars and you can connect there to other destinations like Hollywood Bvd, ...

The hotel overall was ok, but lacked the service I got in other B.W.'s all over the world and the last 2 I booked in Florida.
I would quote a 6/10 compared to both others being 8,5/10. (BW Sanford and BW Orlando airport)
I booked this hotel because of the metro line and easy connection with Long beach airport. They mentioned a shuttle from the airport, so I asked if it would be possible to have a pickup around 22:00 hours on arrival from Boston...
First setback: the shuttle only operates from somewhere 8 AM until 5PM... This should be mentioned on the BW website... The other BW Golden beach in Long beach has shuttle pickup until 10PM so I could have booked there...
Not that extra mile: They did not propose alternative, like ordering a taxi or explain what to do at the airport to get to the hotel... So I took a taxi which drove me all around Long Beach to charge me almost 40 US$. When I confronted him with the incorrect road he said he understood "Westin"... ok possible and since I had caught him he only charged half the road... at the BW Sanford in Miami the shuttle was going night and day on simple request...
Arrived around 10:30PM second setback: After a trip Baltimore - Boston - Long Beach of 12 hours in total, there was no food available in the hotel... Nothing in the neighborhood I could only order pizza. Called the pizza delivery service and they could not deliver... the only possibility at night to pay was with credit card and they could not validate my European master card...
again not that extra mile: when I told the front desk they only could direct me to a night shop on the other side of the street... and tell me that breakfast is in 5 hours so you will be able to eat then" so I finished the long day with a pack of Doritos and a coke zero... I'm sure if they had called the pizza delivery to confirm or to order on the hotel bill and charge it to me it would have been possible...
Neighborhood: Not really anything around and I would not recommend to walk around after dark… Also the metro to LA is not really a touristic ride, quiet shaggy neighborhoods.

There is a taco bell and Mc Donald at walking distance but they seem to close early…

internet: failed regularly on the 4th floor.. signal was regularly to slow to setup a Skype connection.
Secured internet was a plus but I would not recommend it if you travel for business you might not be able to have good connections
Breakfast: there where only 8 tables for the whole hotel... I had to share a table with a (very friendly) American couple. When I came back I have seen people eating in the lobby, lack of space in the breakfast room.
checkout: My friends came to pick me up at 13:00 hours. In any other BW I have been the staff always proposed to keep the room for an extra hour or so… Here no extra mile again: Checkout was 11:30 and while waiting in the lobby I heard they started calling people at 11:35 to ask if they where going to pay for an extra night…
When I left the breakfast room was also used for some church service which was quiet noisy and not really a touristic attraction I think :-)

Conclusion: if you stay for a night or so, on route for a cruise, the hotel will do but if I come to Long Beach again I will certainly try one of the other 2 BW’s… Price was not so different and I think they might have a bit more of that extra mile… (I hope)…

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
mikesandhu, General Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
We appreciate you reaching out via Trip Advisor to share your experience at our hotel. We would like to personally discuss your experience and connect you with our Director of Operations. As an additional note: We've met with our guest service team. We are confident that this will not be an issue in the future and are diligently monitoring to ensure this does not happen again. Please contact us at management@bwoflongbeach.com. We apologize for the challenges you experienced. Thank you.
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed at this wonderful Best Western before my cruise to Mexico. I purchased the Stay and Park Cruise Package for my stay. I was able to stay the night before and leave my car there for the duration of the cruise. The most wonderful part of this package was the shuttle service to and from the cruise ship. We had a polite and courteous shuttle driver named, Martin. He made the transportation a non issue and reduced all of my anxieties of finding the cruise dock. Overall this was a great stay and I will use this Best Western again either for my next cruise or stay in Long Beach.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KRISTINE496
Pearce, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at the Best Western of Long Beach for a night before going on a cruise to Mexico and they were very friendly and made everything easy. Also, Martin the shuttle driver was fantastic! Thanks to him, everything went smooth from getting to the cruise ship, to getting back to the hotel to get our car. If you're ever going to take a cruise out of Long Beach, this IS the place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends