“Not the best place by far”

Best Western Of Long Beach
Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Not the best place by far”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The place is old and not in the greatest part of Long Beach. Room was ok but the TV was small, the A/C turned off so it took a long time to cool off room. FREE parking and shuttle was a plus. FREE Breakfast was just OK and not up to Best Western standards from my experience. Price was high but so were all the other hotels in the area. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave your review of your stay with us. We truly appreciate your patronage and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff at the hotel. unfortunately we have little control over the atmosphere surrounding the hotel, we are delighted to hear you felt safe while staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I got to this hotel yesterday, a day after a dreadful cruise. I was exhausted, frozen and not having communication with family and friends for several days, was anxious to get on-line. The rooms were not ready and I was fine with that but for some reason the wireless would not work in the lobby. One of the gentlemen reset the router and after that did not work, hunted down a wire so I could plug my computer directly into a modem. I got caught up on everything, did lunch and sat back in the lobby to rest. The other clerk motioned for me to come over so that he could then find a cleaned room for me. He did and I was able to check in early, get some errands complete and take a well deserved nap. Those gentlemen were so intuitive and I will be forever grateful for their kindness.

The room was large and I liked also that the light switches were timed as to not waste electricity. I had week's worth of laundry and was delighted to have access to a coin washer and dryer. The only recommendation I would make there would be for the hotel to have a chair. The machines are in the covered parking garage but someone could easily stroll in from the street so I had to stand the entire time. However, this was minor and my clothes were all fresh and clean again.

The other plus was the free morning breakfast--it mean I did not have to hunt for food after a night's sleep. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the port and though I had another cruise booked, due to the last one, I did not take it and instead changed my itinerary. Had I proceeded with that, the shuttle would have been a nice extra perk as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TorontoRobDT
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you had a chance to enjoy the business center and the hotel. We will pass on your comments to our director of guest relations. We are proud to offer great customer service. Next time you are in town we hope to have you stay with us again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Port Parking: Because the port of Long Beach recently raised the rate to $17.00 per day to park your car while you are on the cruise (locals pay as little as $60/month to park there!). This is significantly up from the more realistic charge I recall in the past of around $7.00 a day. Considering that they are going to hit you for five days of parking with a four day cruise I opted to stay at a nearby reasonably-priced Best Western Hotel that offered free secure underground parking if you merely stay one night in their hotel prior to the cruise. The hotel also provided free round-trip shuttle service to the port (about 5 miles away) and free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I would encourage you to visit our property again during your next trip to Long Beach California.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I would definitely recommend this location. We stayed here as we got ready to leave on a cruise. Not only was the hotel clean and comfortable, but the staff was truly wonderful. I must point out that, Martin, who was our driver to the shore and back, was very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. We had the added convenience of leaving our vehicle parked there as we went on the cruise. All of the parking is in the garage attached to the hotel. We found all well when we returned and Martin once again was quick to pick us up and pleasant. We would certainly stay here again in the future.
Well done!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western of Long Beach. Our team is committed to provide our guest with legendary service, and we're glad we were able to make that happen. We look forward having you in our hotel whenever your lodging needs brings you back to Long Beach California.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were looking for a clean place to stay close to the port of Long Beach and were very happy with our overnight at the Best Western Long Beach. It was clean, the staff were helpful and pleasant, and we had a restful night before departing for our cruise. The staff were particularly helpful in offering their park-and-shuttle service. We left our car there at the hotel and were shuttled back and forth to the port. It was fast and convenient and was about a third the fee of the parking structure at the port.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sandra W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review sharing your experiences. I am glad that you found our location and service to be exceptional. I will share your kind words with our team. Thank you also for making us your first choice for future stays in Long Beach. We can't wait to have you back!
Nashville, TN, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pleasant stay in Long Beach. Best Western Long Beach is very comfortable, conveniently located in midtown area on major street to Bixby Knoll area, has helpful, friendly staff. On-site covered parking is a bonus.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. It is nice to hear that you found our service at the property to meet your needs during your stay here in Long Beach. I like to mention we are located 1.5 miles from beach front of Long Beach where there is the Pike and Shoreline Village, there is a conveniently located metro rail blue line station across the street from hotel this line will connect to Los Angeles down town at 7th street station where you can transfer to Hollywood, China Town and West Los Angeles We look forward to your next trip back to our Long Beach California.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I arrived late on a Monday night and was greeted warmly at the front desk, I was checked in quickly and also given a room upgrade. the staff was very helpful and directed me to a couple places to get a bite to eat. I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. the property was well maintained. the neighborhood on the other hand is not a place to be at night, but it is close to transportation and you can get away quickly. Best Western has made the best of a bad location.

Green Features: didn't notice anything special in regards to being green. this in no way saying they had nothing in place.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We're truly grateful that you took the time to share your recent experience, as the detail that you've provided will give us the opportunity to get a clear perspective of our guest's time at the Best Western of Long Beach. Thank you for sharing we hope to see you on your next visit to Long Beach.