“pre cruise hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Albert, Canada
“pre cruise hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

good service nice clean room;good breakfest and free ride to cruise ship;good location to train nice pool,the room was very large and clean,the front staff are very helpful and very freindly;if you are going on a cruise i would recomend this hotel

Room Tip: good service
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 468garry
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you very much for choosing Best Western of Long Beach for your Pre-cruise stay! We appreciate your lovely compliments about our staff and restaurants. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back for many more cruises!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
St.George
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am a travel agent and highly recommend this hotel for park and stay cruise packages out of San Pedro. They stored our car and the shuttle was very fast and staff was friendly. Breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank lilrope
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. It is nice to hear that you found our king size beaty rest pillow top mattress confortable at the property to meet your needs during your stay here in Long Beach.
Sonora, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Over all the hotel was very good, with free breakfast and then free parking for the time we were on our cruise. they dropped us off and picked us up at the ship and the desk staff were very friendly. We would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Susan C
Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate your kind remarks and they have been shred with our staff. We look forward toward next time. Thanks again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I would recommend staying at this hotel. The room was very comfortable and the wi fi worked great. This hotel was convenient for my conference. There were also some nice selections for breakfast. I did not use the fitness center so I can't comment on that. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Sive A
We appreciate your kind remarks and they have been shred with our staff. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward toward next time. Thanks again!
Long Beach, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had to spend 2 weeks in Long Beach and did not want to spend too much money. The Best Western turned out to be surprisingly nice for the cost. It had the immunities of a larger more expensive first class hotel, but at medium prices. Near enough to the fun spots in Long Beach. Pleasant surprise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Charles F
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We're happy to hear that your stay here at the Best Western of Long Beach was memorable and we thank you for the kindness of this review. Whether you're with us for a night or week, we take great care to create a relaxing and inviting experience for our guests, and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again when you are in Long Beach.
San Diego
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The place is old and not in the greatest part of Long Beach. Room was ok but the TV was small, the A/C turned off so it took a long time to cool off room. FREE parking and shuttle was a plus. FREE Breakfast was just OK and not up to Best Western standards from my experience. Price was high but so were all the other hotels in the area. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave your review of your stay with us. We truly appreciate your patronage and we are very happy to know that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff at the hotel. unfortunately we have little control over the atmosphere surrounding the hotel, we are delighted to hear you felt safe while staying with us.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I got to this hotel yesterday, a day after a dreadful cruise. I was exhausted, frozen and not having communication with family and friends for several days, was anxious to get on-line. The rooms were not ready and I was fine with that but for some reason the wireless would not work in the lobby. One of the gentlemen reset the router and after that did not work, hunted down a wire so I could plug my computer directly into a modem. I got caught up on everything, did lunch and sat back in the lobby to rest. The other clerk motioned for me to come over so that he could then find a cleaned room for me. He did and I was able to check in early, get some errands complete and take a well deserved nap. Those gentlemen were so intuitive and I will be forever grateful for their kindness.

The room was large and I liked also that the light switches were timed as to not waste electricity. I had week's worth of laundry and was delighted to have access to a coin washer and dryer. The only recommendation I would make there would be for the hotel to have a chair. The machines are in the covered parking garage but someone could easily stroll in from the street so I had to stand the entire time. However, this was minor and my clothes were all fresh and clean again.

The other plus was the free morning breakfast--it mean I did not have to hunt for food after a night's sleep. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the port and though I had another cruise booked, due to the last one, I did not take it and instead changed my itinerary. Had I proceeded with that, the shuttle would have been a nice extra perk as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TorontoRobDT
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you had a chance to enjoy the business center and the hotel. We will pass on your comments to our director of guest relations. We are proud to offer great customer service. Next time you are in town we hope to have you stay with us again.