“Beware of Hotels plus when Booking a stay at the Hotel Current”
Review of Hotel Current

Hotel Current
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I love this hotel and stay here when we attend a major dog show in June. The rooms are comfortable, lots of free parking, a free shuttle, pool, nice restaurants near by, courteous staff and a nice neighborhood to walk the dogs. Their free breakfast was simple but free. Nothing beats free. The hotel is pet friendly which is a plus. This year I accidentally booked with HOTELS PLUS. I sincerely thought I was calling the Hotel Current directly. When a friend of mine reminded me of the dog show rate I called the hotel for an adjustment. The Hotel Current told me I had booked with HOTELS PLUS and I had to cancel with them to receive the bulk rate. I called HOTELS PLUS and they said they will be charging me a $25.00 cancellation charge. I did not appreciate that. I paid the $25.00 to HOTELS PLUS to rebook with the Hotel Current. The moral of this story DO NOT BOOK WITH HOTELS PLUS.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms niece clean and recently remodeled. Nice neighborhood.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved this hotel. Pretty close to the water that you can hear the breeze.
Décor was super cool. Breakfast was great and staff was awesome. Newly renovated and the bed was comfortable.
Cons: parking was a bit difficult but we circled a couple times and found a spot.

Room Tip: Found a great deal on hoteltonight app. This was definitely worth the price.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Wanted place close to long beach airport. Minutes away so no problem catching early AM flight. Rate of $104 on hotels tonight. Older hotel with recent renovations. Very modern decor. Bathroom was big and nice. Pool area was also nice. Close to beach and shops. No problems.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

First the pros: the manager was great. My room was very nice. It was clean and the bed was moderately comfortable. The bathroom was up to date and the shower was low pressure, but I think with the drought it was appropriate The pool area looked lovely. The hotel is very close to the airport and shopping. The cons: The reception staff needs to be more friendly and attentive when you check in. I did not feel welcomed. The walls are thin and the doors slam and shake the room. I would recommend using a slow closing hinge like they do on the better hotels. Some of the clientele looked very young and the party-type. Overall, if you are not a light sleeper and you don't mind the young set being up late, it's an okay hotel. I checked out the next day and went to the Marriott and slept well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel Current is really nice contemporary hotel. Staff is friendly and courteous, amenities were good. Most hotels with their contential breakfast is usually cereal, donuts, milk and coffee. I can say the breakfast was really good. I will visit again. The only one thing I was not happy about is my key card would not work each time I returned to my room so I had to go to the front desk to get it redone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever rented. It was spartan inside. The clientele outside were, frankly, frightening. It is actually a motel, not a hotel. The rooms have doors that have broken safety locks, that have clearly been replaced in a different spot. The walls and ceilings are paper thin. The renters (four sketch men) above us were in and out of the hotel all night long. They were clearly not up to anything good. The only positive was that it was close to the airport. We couldn't get out of there soon enough.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 6 April 2014

On business, this was recommended by my host. Arrive early and the front desk let me change into swim suit, kept my luggage, treated me like I was a guest instead of a number! The room is very nice. No complaints - right on Pacific Coast Highway, accessible to everything you will want. Maybe I am partial to things that go well....aren't you? Stay here.

Room Tip: No elevator - but so what? Two floors with a pool in the center, close parking, lanai, you won't...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hilton Long Beach
Hilton Long Beach
#6 of 58 in Long Beach
Comfort Inn & Suites near Long Beach Convention Center

Been to Hotel Current? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Current

Address: 5325 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90804-4441
Region: United States > California > Long Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Long Beach
#5 Best Value Hotel in Long Beach
#6 Romantic Hotel in Long Beach
#6 Green Hotel in Long Beach
Price Range: £115 - £143 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Current 3*
With 99 Lifestyle guestrooms featuring hand painted artwork from local artists, Hotel CURRENT has renovated its outdoor heated pool area, meeting spaces, lobby, guestrooms, and landscape. Guestrooms are provided with in-room coffee makers, refrigerators, free wi-fi, work-desk area with data ports, and hotel services of daily complimentary continental breakfast and newspaper; giving all the conveniences of home for both leisure and business travelers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Current reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Long Beach