“Great location and staff.”

Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Long Beach
La Habra, California
“Great location and staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family and I enjoy staying at this hotel every year for the JW Convention at the Long Beach Arena. The staff is extremely friendly, and very helpful. I personally did not think the bathrooms were small as other reviewers have stated, but I do not like the frosted bathroom door. Overall, it is a great property if you will be attending the convention center or sports arena as it is 5 minute walk. We look forward to staying here again in the Summer of 2014.

Room Tip: During a festival, rooms are quieter overlooking the Long Beach Arena.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank elcyberguy
Kristin K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Beach, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty, we are so glad you and your family stay with us while you attend the JW convention.

Kristin K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This is a big hotel & has been recently renovated, so was very clean and modern. Our room, with one King bed, was a little on the small side, I thought, but was fine. It had a desk area, small sitting area and a nice flat screen TV. The blind system on the window had chain pulleys that were rather noisy--not only when we raised or lowered ours, but we could hear the neighbors doing theirs as well. The bathroom is also very modern, very clean, and also a little small. The water pressure was not great. A nice hair dryer is provided, along with nice shampoo, conditioner, etc. There are lots of restaurants, etc. in walking distance. They charge for parking by night. The staff was very friendly & helpful. We did not try the restaurant. We did not use the work out facility. It's a nice enough place, and you won't go wrong staying here, but we didn't find it terribly impressive for the price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience, we appreciate your feedback about the guest room and amenities.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from marathon work travel with a couple days spent at the Hyatt Long Beach. I arrived around 6pm and check-in was smooth. I stayed in room 1229. The layout of the room is unique in that you entered and made a couple turns in a small foyer/ hall to get to the main part of the room. The decor and style was more modern and sleek than I recall from previous visits. White leather chairs, good lighting, etc. The TV had all the bells and whistles and a remote that I didn't have time to figure out. There were pleasantly many electrical outlets in the room. The coffees machine was 'hidden' in a cabinet and you had to take it out on a small tray, which I liked (made everything seem more tidy).

One minor item (and this seems to be universal across chains)... I requested a late check out, as I am platinum member, and had the do not disturb sign out. Housekeeping still came by a few times and knocked... which would be no big deal normally, but I was leading a conference call and had to stop the call...

The valets always had the car ready when I called down and offered directions.

The Yard House across the street has great food and drinks. For an after dinner drink, the Auld Dubliner across Pine street always has good live music and a lively, yet laid back crowd.

As FYI, there is a Nordstrom Rack downtown, just a few blocks away in case you have time to do any shopping and like a good deal.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mdb9779
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about the guest room and local entertainment. Thank you for our late checkout experience, we will share this with our team as a training opportunity.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Hyatt Regency Long Beach is an older hotel from the 70s or 80s but it has been nicely re-done. The lobby is nice looking and the overall look is nicely updated. Check-in was fast and friendly.

As others have noted, the rooms, and particularly the bathrooms, are small. I really liked the design of the rooms because there is a barrier wall between you and the outside hallway. As a result, the rooms are very quiet. You can tell things were recently renovated and they did a nice job modernizing the rooms. The furniture is cool and comfortable. There is no fridge in the room so tough luck if you want to keep things cold. The bathroom was indeed small but nice overall and I had no complaints about it other than I wish they included shower gel along with shampoo and conditioner. The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe had it!

I didn't use the pool but I spent a few hours sitting around the wonderful fire pit outside by the pool. A great touch that passed away some of the boring evening hours.

Biggest complaint about this hotel is that you can't park and use the internet without them gouging you for $30.99 total. $21 for parking seems excessive as I didn't feel like Downtown Long Beach was the hippest place to be. It seems like a $12 parking kind of area. Valet is the same price as self-parking - odd. I'm used to paying for internet at nicer hotels but it is still annoying. The saving grace is that you can get good deals for this property on Priceline. The overall location of the hotel is nice for walking to some of the local attractions. There are some very touristy restaurants nearby.

Overall, a nice property and what you'd expect from a Hyatt Regency. Nice staff, comfortable rooms. I'd stay here again if my travels take me to DT Long Beach but there's a much cooler looking Hyatt nearby (Pike) that seemed far superior.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank everyshadeofblue
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay and our parking and internet pricing. We do offer complimentary internet in the hotel public space for guest use.

San Diego CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Long Beach Convention Center. This is adjacent - you can't ask for easier logistics. There is a lot of outdoor patio and walking space so even though you are in adjacent buildings, you can still get out in the fresh air. New refreshed rooms, many with spectacular harbor views or views of the Queen Mary (permanently docked as a floating museum). A good variety of bars and restaurants. Quick friendly professional service. A consistently short or non-existent wait for elevators - quite a change from other busy multistory hotels I have stayed in. We had an outstanding convention rate of $139. Outdoor pool, which is maybe not as versatile as indoor considering the cool winter climate of coastal California. Decent gym. Easy access to the little area of restaurants, shops, etc, via an elevated walkway. Overall,, very nice.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, it sounds like you had a great time in Long Beach for your conference. We are delighted that you were able to take advantage of our location and proximity.
Sacramento Metro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for a conference and really enjoyed my stay. The staff are all very friendly. The housekeeping staff greeted me when I saw them in the halls. The room was lovely with a great view of the harbor (I was on the 7th floor). I used the workout center in the morning - nice. And the restaurant food was excellent. I walked around looking for other options and ended up eating there 2 nights in a row. I ordered from the healthy options both time and the food was excellent and tasty. Far better than the usual healthy fair. I also had a room service breakfast and that was good as well. I would stay here again - particularly for any conferences.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pampita
Kristin K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Beach, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We hope your conference was a success and look forward to having you stay should you return to Long Beach.
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We ended a long overseas trip by staying 3 nights back in the states in the CA sunshine ... We haven't stayed in any Hyatt in many years - my husband was a constant business traveler with several companies and every major business has their preferential hotel group. Anyway, this is a pleasant very large hotel - it's attached to the convention center which had no major event going on during our stay which is why I booked it. The room is surprisingly small with an updated modern tiny bathroom though we encountered no difficulty at all using it (as some other reviewers noted). The design and decor of the room does not offend me at all as it did other reviewers though it is quirky. The room has a comfortable bed and good pillows. Our room had a nice harbor view. The hotel is noisy - I especially disliked the many loud slamming doors in the mornings, neighboring guest room conversation (thankfully muted), and weirdly loud window shade cranking noise from other guest rooms (above & adjoining). Housekeeping skipped our room on the first day - we left early afternoon and we did not request a late room make up. They did not leave a note under the door to say they saw our privacy sign which is what I like about many other hotels - then you know you need to call them. We were on the 16th floor where the Regency lounge is located and it was very convenient for us - easy to grab coffee & the newspaper in the mornings and a water bottle before bed. It has a good continental breakfast early and snacks all day and evenings. We did not sample anything other than fresh bread with am coffee and a cookie before bed but it looked clean and fresh and an attendant was present when we went by. The best thing I appreciated was the complimentary computer access many hotels do not provide. I needed to google directions back to LAX, get flight status and print boarding passes. I also wanted to find a UPS drop off to send our luggage back home.

It's a very convenient location for Long Beach. The ride on the busy speed obsessed 405 to and from LAX is to be expected. The reception desk was friendly and we had no problem with parking except when we arrived. The curbside valet told us to self park and failed to advise us to unload beforehand. We had to haul our luggage back to the front door. We were tired after a 12 hour flight from Shanghai. Otherwise a good enough stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank contheroad
Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback about the noise and housekeeping and will review this with our staff. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the local area and Regency Club,