“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Well kept outside and in. Nice appearance. Very friendly bell hops. The front desk staff was okay but could have been friendlier. The bathrooms are nice but the bathtubs could be updated. The pool and hot tub are nice. On the last day we were there we asked them to book a hotel for us in anaheim but they didn't. All they did was tell us what hotel of theirs was in that city. In the end we ended up staying with a competitor in anaheim. But otherwise this is a great hotel. The wifi was a bit pricey and we did not have breakfast there because it was a little too expensive.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions, and the service is wonderful. From the front desk staff to the staff in the convenience store as well as the restaurant, I am always made to feel welcome. Everyone is pleasant and friendly.

I love this hotel because it is within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Also nearby is the Queen Mary and race track where the Grand Prix is held.

This is one hotel that I look forward to visiting again be it for business or leisurely time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ventura, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hotel staff were very accommodating, the view of the harbor was breathtaking from our very spacious suite located on the 13th floor. Weekend was a wonderful way to reconnect with family.

The only draw back of the hotel was the pool, it would have been more enjoyable had it been a bit deeper, 3 ft. of water is not much to swim in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent does not begin to measure the level service the staff at this hotel provides. The location is great, the area is quiet, the Ascari Restaurant is delicious, the gym is sufficient, the pool is clean and inviting, beds are comfortable and great pillows. However, the plumbing is what brought my rating down from 5 stars to 3 stars. We were initially in room 907, the water in the sink, shower and toilet was hot, no cold water. We were moved to room 617, the water had to run for a full 5-7 minutes before it got lukewarm and the noise coming from the plumbing all day/night long was very disturbing. It sounded like someone was drilling into the wall all day/night long. We were given coupons by the hotel staff to eat breakfast free for one day in compensation for our change in room. We did complain about the noise level in the plumbing in the 2nd room which prompted a visit from maintenance to which he guessed the noise came from others in the hotel flushing their toilets and showering. It's a shame the plumbing problems in this hotel has caused this Hilton to get average ratings when they have quite possibly the best hotel staff in the area. If the plumbing problems were addressed, I would return, but not until then.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the executive levels. Do not choose rooms 907 or 617.
Green Features: I love that you can choose to forego housekeeping services and receive a $5.00 coupon for the restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Yuba City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here 3/30/14 I had booked thru Expedia for $100.00 total. I was unsure if I would be treated poorly or given a cheap room. I was greeted with a smiling faces and friendly voices. Check in was quick and friendly. We were given a room on the 8th floor, king bed non smoking, just what I had picked on Expedia. 1st look everything was great we dropped our stuff of and headed out the door to sightsee. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to look areas. We opted to take the free local bus that was located just across the street from the hotel. Once we were ready to return to the hotel we called to have them pick us up. Front desk told us 10 minutes, within 5 minutes they were there to pick us up. Fastest hotel shuttle we've ever had, great. Went back to our room for the night. I jumped in the shower upon entering the shower I noticed pieces of plaster in the tub. I didn't think much of it till the celling started falling into the tub and water began running out of the hole. I screamed for my husband to come figure out what was going on. I quickly jumped out of the shower got dressed and called the front desk. They sent someone up quickly to look at the damage. When we had called we were offered a room change. We told the front desk let's wait to see what the maintenance has to say. After they inspected the leak we were told it was going to be a big repair nod they thought we should change rooms. We called down to get a new room and husband ran down stairs to grab keys. I had my husband ask for an executive room, we were given that plus free breakfast. We were treated very well. Upon checkout we requested a shuttle to the cruise terminal and we whisked away. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coolchrissy
Kiel, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. It was close to restaurants and downtown. It was very clean and modern. I would stay there again. The front desk was very friendly. I was selected for the "diamond" of the day so I got to stay in a suite.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brighton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Somewhat difficult to find but great place to stay. Many restaurants and other activities near by. I would stay here again. Arrival went smoothly as well as check out. I was even offered bottle water at check out. Thanks for that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

LBHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Long Beach, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for kind comments. The most valued words the staff and I can hear are that you would stay with us again in the future. We hope to be of service to you agian in the near future. Thank you again.