“Loved every moment.”
Review of The Queen Mary

The Queen Mary
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I thought that my experience at the Queen Mary was amazing. This was my second time there and it was much better then the first time. We went on a paranormal tour and it was awesome. Our tour guide, Paul made the whole trip worth while. I would recommend the stay and tour just because of him alone. Promenade cafe needs serious help in the service department.

• Stayed: July 2014
QM1934, Guest Relations Manager at The Queen Mary, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

redddog23 -

Thanks for the feedback...if your second experience was better than your first...I can't wait to hear about your third!

Good feedback on Prom Cafe - I'll pass it along to our F and B team!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is my 5th stay. I love coming to stay on the Queen. The smells, the history etc. This place is so much better than it was 2 years ago. I came to get away and relax for a couple nights. I wanted a nice room where I could chill and relax. I just wish there were more cable channels. Both Coke machines on A deck were empty.

The Queen is such a grand piece of history and stand out in Long Beach...put a fresh coat of paint on her will ya! I wanted to climb the outer hull with a paint scraper and start painting.

The staff in the Chowder house...ALWAYS DA BOMB! Great, friendly people. I look forward to the next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the feedback and we cannot agree with you more. This new management team has been slowly and methodically upgrading and improving everything we do here aboard the World Famous Queen Mary. It is nice to see that our guests are noticing!

-The Queen Mary Commdore

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The room was nice and big, but our room was not ready until 45 mins after the check-in time. They did comp us a free tour of our liking to make-up for the inconvenience. We enjoyed our stay and it was not crowded at all. Definitely would stay there again.

Jo M -

Yes - we are known as the Ship of Romance for a reason...if this ship is a rocking...don't come knocking!

Sorry about the minor wait checking in and we are so glad you had such a nice experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I brought my dAughter and friend on the baot. We loved it. The food was good. The room was clean. We had free wifi. We toured everywhere and learned a lot. We would definitely go again. I would invite more people.

• Stayed: July 2014

juliehallqvist -

The Queen Mary - making daughters happy since 1934!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I spend 4th of July in Long Beach so my boyfriend and I decide to goes to Queen Mary Museum tour and was the best hours in my life, is very interesting and sometimes you can feel if you are into the Titanic film, we ate in one of the restaurants and it was ok, we made the ghost tour it was very fun if you visit long beach is a place you must visit.

anatayla -

Thanks for the feedback and we are so glad you had such a great visit to the World Famous Queen Mary for our 4th of July spectacular!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed for two weekday nights. Great staff, great rooms, unique family vacation experience. We did the self guided audio tour and enjoyed it. We tried several of the restaurants and they were all great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

William H -

Thanks so much for the feedback and we are so glad you had such a great stay! You thought the weekday was good - try coming on the weekends - even better!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our stay on The Queen Mary was a nice experience. We only stayed two nights and one of those nights was 4th of July, so there really wasn't enough time to really explore the ship. All of the staff and I do mean ALL staff were very friendly and nice. Of course the history of the ship is fascinating. I do recognize that all hotels need to turn the rooms over pretty quickly once a guest has checked out of a room, but I think it would be a good idea to thoroughly clean each room a couple times a year maybe. Our room had visible stains on the walls and furniture. I actually took soap and water and cleaned off the little table that was in the room. It appeared as if the table had food and drink stains on it. They came off along with the dust that was on the ridge of the table with very little effort. Overall though...my stay was enough for me to want to come back and spend more time enjoying the features of the hotel. Oh! I don't eat meat, and was happy that I didn't have any problems finding food I could eat on a few of the menus.

Room Tip: Every room should get an intense cleaning a few times of year. It's a little scary when you wal...