7,250 results
All reviews engine room promenade cafe ghost tour self guided tour queen mary port holes step back in time chelsea chowder house beautiful ship dark harbor glory days wood paneling art deco piece of history tea room princess diana exhibit original features
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We were upgraded to a family suite that had a huge master bedroom, very large living room and 2 full bathroom. Twice the size in square footage then the normal suite with the King + Twin. The woodwork throughout the suite as amazing and you can get a filling for what it was like and all of its Splendor and Glory.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We stayed for a week on the ship, the only drawback to the rooms (and they warn you) is the paper thin walls! Other than that, what a great experience! The ability to roam the ship after hours whether on a tour or not was really cool. Good food in the daytime restaurant, didn't eat at the others. Plenty to do near by, Battleship Iowa, Aquarium of the Pacific, LA fire museum, whale watching, the Long Beach waterfront is great! We did it all including Disneyland. The location is in a very busy working shipping port but all of the local waterfront attractions are less than 10 minutes away.
It was a perfect trip with my wife!

Room Tip: The M deck is where we stayed, I think they are the better rooms. Harbor view is a must!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed one night aboard the Queen Mary. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I felt the boat could use some upgrades; however, it is a museum, so it was authentic. I didn't think our room was as neat as the photos might have portrayed. Also, there were no phones in the rooms and refrigerators or microwaves are not in the standard rooms. The bathroom was very difficult to maneuver in. I wasn't sure if we had A/C or not. I felt that this was somewhat of a hotel that older people would enjoy but young children would have little to do and the antiquity of the rooms would be hard for small children. I am sure the guided tours (vs. staying overnight) would be full of historical information and worthwhile. The view of the harbor at night was spectacular. It was okay for one night's stay but I would not have stayed longer.

Room Tip: You may want to look at a room before choosing.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DeborahK1817
Reviewed 19 June 2018

She’s showing her 82 years of age. She needs some money spent on her and some T.L.C. This was a “Bucket List Trip.” The ship “did not exceed our expectations.”
I would suggest that you leave your luggage in your car, go onboard at 10 am, see all that you can see, then check into your room at 4 PM. We missed the Princess Diana Collection because the last person allowed in is at 5 pm. That made my wife disappointed and sad. They close the Diana Collection at 6 pm. We wish that we could have seen more of the ship. We had a drink at the Observation Deck bar. That’s small but nice. Chelsea’s Chowder House was the only restaurant open on the night we stayed. We ate there. It was pricy but good. In my opinion, The ship is a 3 star Hotel with 4 star prices. Our expectations were different than it turned out. Extra Special thanks to Rommy Kish, Director of Rooms, Queen Mary.

Room Tip: 1st, Go Onboard at 10 am, See all the sites, then check in at their 4 PM check in time Bring your luggage into your room last, at 5PM
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Being able to stay on a vintage ship was the most amazing experience. The bed was so comfortable. The shower was amazing. we stayed the king port side ocean view room. It's was small and the walls are very thin. It's understandable given its a vintage boat. Don't count the beauty out!! Great for kids and families.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple