“Would recommend staying here”

Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Would recommend staying here”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Room very spacious. Bed comfortable. Full cooking facilities. Good breakfast. There is a shopping delivery service, which we should have used as there was not much in the shop, we would have liked to have made a sandwich or late night toast. Minor detail,as we wanted to spend our last few days in USA sightseeing. The social get together was a good idea. Wish that there was a bar there. Very close to Queen Mary. Free bus was great. Long Beach is a great for boat lovers

Room Tip: Get the highest room possible looking towards the shoreline village
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This Residence Inn was perfect for our needs. We stayed in a one bedroom unit which was very clean and well maintained. All the furniture was contemporary and in excellent condition. Its king size bed was very comfortable. The bedroom was a separate room with a door that completely closed it off from the living room that had a full kitchen. The refrigerator was very quiet and the HVAC worked very well (quiet with easy to use responsive controls). The bathroom had a first class walk-in shower with excellent controls & a high shower head. Also dual sinks.

This operation does not nickel & dime. No charge for Wi-fi. Good breakfast with large selection. Nice lobby & dining area with very helpful staff. Beautiful outdoor area & pool. I AM VERY CRITICAL AS YOU WILL SEE FROM MANY OF MY OTHER REVIEWS, BUT I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THAT IS NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS PROPERTY OR HOW IT IS RUN. My only regret is that we did not have more time to spend in Long Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ConcernedCalifornia
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The staff was so happy when I shared this with them this morning in our stand up. Here at the Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown we strive to exceed all expectations. I do hope we have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.
Guy
Reviewed 5 May 2014

An average stay, would have been better, if welcoming member staff was welcoming - felt unwelcome. There is a frequent free bus service to the rest of the Long Beach area. Walking distance to Queen Mary. Thought parking was expensive too. Breakfast okay, clean room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris T, Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for talking time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your arrival experience at the hotel was less than welcoming. Our goal is to demonstrate our desire to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay from the time they walk through our front doors to the time they depart. Once again, please accept my apologies for our service failure. We hope the next time you are in the Long Beach area; you will give us another opportunity to welcome you.
Indio, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The property was in a terrific location. Right on the water, a short drive across a bridge to get to a lot of good stuff-Shoreline Village, The Pike, Pine Av...
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was perfect. The evening social was a nice little snack opportunity.
I was a bit surprised by the 15% Goods and Service Tax on the $100.00 "dog fee". A normal occurrence in Ontario, Canada but here?
The only reason I did not give a 5* rating was because I think "they" need to address the housekeeping staff and their ability to clean properly. The same dust layers and hairs were still in our room when we checked out after a 3 day stay. The windows had face prints on the inside. Dirty swipes on the mirrored closets, specks all over the bathroom mirror.
All that being said, the rest was great. We will be returning to stay at this property again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine C
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Checked in to the hotel with a colleague for business and check in was very slow and the line was pretty long (hotel must have been very busy). We had to wait for our room to be ready even though we were checking in during the stated check in time. This was the first time I stayed at a Residence Inn and I expected the room to be a little larger.

The staff on the other hand was very friendly and it is a beautiful property! I have another business trip coming up and I think I will give them another try. Crossing my fingers for a better check in experience. I will update after next stay...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. As a General Manager, I value the feedbacks from our wonderful guests who take the time to write to us and allow us to improve on our services and products. We look forward to having you stay with us again in Long Beach at the Residence Inn Downtown.
Best regards.
Guy Fremlin
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was going on a cruise leaving Long Beach, so I decided to stay here for one night before embarking. It was a very good location, as it was so close to the pier. The staff were extremely helpful........I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank irenekn
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review on Trip Advisor.

We hope to have you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Best regards.
Guy Fremlin
Forest Hill, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've been living at the Residence Inn for 8 months because of my husbands job, and from the first day of check in they made us feel extremely welcome. The front desk does an amazing job, my favorite is Cassie, all of the management team is always asking how your stay is and if there is anything they can do to make it even more pleasant than it already is. The housekeeping department does an excellent job and all of these ladies are very hard workers, and have a very pleasant smile on their face every single day. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, even though they have complimentary breakfast, but they do have a really good parfait, and the kitchen staff makes sure they have one waiting for me everyday if I'm not down in time to get one. I have done 7 relocations and must say that this is the best property I have ever stayed at. I will defiantly stay here again if we need to come back. It's a little sad to say goodbye to family.

Room Tip: Fabulous views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea B
Guy F, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach Downtown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for the extremely overwhelming compliments on the hotel and staff! We appreciate the time and effort that went into this review and we are so very sad that you will be leaving us. It has been a pleasure having you here!