“Carpet Filthy”

Ranked #35 of 55 Hotels in Long Beach
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Carpet Filthy”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stay here 4 days waiting for ship. Parking good. No laundry other than send out. Had to tell staff everyday that we wee staying 4 days even after that they locked us out 3 times . Key card needed update. Carpet so dirty that turns bottom off your feet black. Stayed in better places in Bombay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
travelodgelongbeach, Webmaster at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Although you left these comments several months ago, I wanted to let you know that we have made many changes and improvements to this property, and we would welcome you again anytime. We get better every day, and I sincerely apologize that you stayed with us at a time when we weren’t at our best.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had to find a place at the last minute, so we didn't have enough time to do in depth research on hotels within the LBC area.

If you're looking for one of those places where you're only need a room for sleeping, then this hotel may be acceptable. This property caters for couples or young families who will most likely spend most of the day out exploring and seeing the local sights. The room we stayed in was dim, with dark carpet and less-than-modern furnishings. Don't expect anything fancy inside your room; we had a microwave and fridge, large flat-screen TV, and our bed was reasonably comfortable. Overall, the room was quite clean and housekeeping did a very good job every day. The Front Desk was helpful with anything that we required assistance with.

However, the property is close to major highways linking you to LA on one side, and a good 1 hour drive South East to San Diego on the other side. It was ideal for day trips, and we never had problems with traffic.

The area is quite safe and includes plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Other attractions include the Pike mall and also the aquarium. There's also a wide range of shopping to choose from all within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

This place would suit the solo traveller, young families, couples, and definitely a group of friends. Not much to do at the hotel, but there's plenty of attractions in the area that will keep you entertained.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if you're a non-smoker. Ask for a room on the second or third floors...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Poor quality stay, stayed on 3rd fl above the office, you could hear outside chatter from the street, past 12am, hallway noise, open parking, anyone could just ride their bike thru guest parking and I saw just that, couple times, no security guard to keep an eye on guests vehicle, that didn't put me at ease. room was smelly on arrival. After AC gets going it goes away. Not a pleasant welcome, not a clean feeling welcome, though at a glance all looks fearly clean, went to Von's and got bleach wipes to disinfect counters. another annoying thing was, we pre paid thru booking.com for three days and every morning office blocked my door access card, that was unnecessary, I had to go to miniature office to get code fixed again. On a positive the wifi did work on my iPad, and there's Von's nearby, subways, Rocco's and the the village Bakery which i recommend, was really convenient.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Bloomington, California
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly for business reasons. My company does not pay for hotels and the driving distance is too great for me, so I need a low budget option. Travelodge fits the bill. It is not a full service establishment. Example, when I had some plumbing issues (Caused by me) I was handed a plunger for a "do it yourself job." Other than that the place is decent on cleanliness (I work in the medical field and am a HUGE germ-a-phobe). It's a great place to just put your head down...don't expect frills. There's also a great restaraunt next door called Galleanas (great Chicken Nachos). Luckily my job does not require me to use or need WiFi and when I did need WiFi for personal use, my laptop was broken, so I can't say what their WiFi is like.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to get the best rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2013

As with so many budget hotels, these guys advertise free wi-fi and know darn well they do not have it. They are like all the other hotels that tell stories about how it will be fixed tomorrow or new equipment will be installed soon....blah, blah blah.

At the end of the day, they are falsely advertising their services. I've been on a two week road trip from Vancouver to San Diego and in a different hotel every night. Every one advertised free wi-if and I can't remember a single one that actually provided a reliable connection. Most were lousy, and some, like the Long Beach Travelodge Convention Center just don't work at all.

These days at a decent family hotel, a good Internet connection is worth ten times more than a postage-stamp sized swimming pool, which this place also boasts.

And yes, my hardware works at every Starbucks and McDonald's I've stopped at.

The lousy quality rating is because I could have stayed on a special rate at the Hyatt for the same price but I chose this place because the Hyatt makes no bones about no free wi-if...you pay. Instead here I got a two star room and still no wi-if, even if I wanted to pay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
travelodgelongbeach, Webmaster at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that the Wi fi connection which was not working during your stay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Long Beach Convention Center Travelodge. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Chanhassen
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed here attending a convention and like others reviewers indicated it is a 10 block walk to the Convention Center. So you will have to cab over if you have lots to carry. Hotel is cinder block with all the doors facing out into the parking lot. It seems there are longer term patrons, and many of them are comfortable keeping their doors open and lounging on the outer walkways that serve as their "patios". Room was tired, but clean. The bed was comfortable and there was a choice of pillow styles. In room fridge is nice, but there is no desk only a table and two chairs. The phone was under the TV vs. being next to the bed. So this is an awkward room arrangement for business travelers. The lone desk person is always locked into the tiny lobby, so you get a few for their safety concerns. However the neighborhood feels safe.

Room Tip: First floor rooms will have cars parked in front, all rooms face parking lot and street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed here one night prior to departing on a cruise. We were with 3 other couples and they all felt the same as us about the rooms. We initially checked into our room and went to freshen up after our flight, the rooms were old, run down and dirty. We noticed that the soap in the bath tub was used from the previous guests-initially we laughed about it as we'll as noticed a big bugger on the wall above the toilet paper. As we were going to dinner one of our other couples stated there bathroom was buggery also this made for another good laugh but that was the last of the fun. After returning from shopping and dinner, we turned the bed down and checked the sheets- here we found used toilet paper on the sheets. This confirmed my suspicion that the room had not been thoroughly cleaned. The gentle man at the front desk did apologize and moved us to a different room but my mind was not as ease. The other couples traveling with us had backed up toilet/sink that never did get resolved, non working internet in the room, as we were leaving on our shuttle one room key would not work and the staff could not get the door open. The pool is disgusting at best and looks like it may be a bath for the homeless that roam the area. If your looking for this kind of adventure then this is the place to stay-I have stayed at worse places only because I was too young to voice my opinion and my dad was on a very tight budget. I would not recommend this place, especially if you have children.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Cruzin2013
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the Soap in the bathroom of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it that the soap are well stocked before assigning the room to our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the toilet/sink, Internet connection and the pool in and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.