“Not good at all! Food quality bad, service was horrible, restaurant has water damage”
Review of Peking Wok Mandarin Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peking Wok Mandarin Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My wife and I just went to Peking Wok Mandarin Cuisine and it was a horrible experience. We ordered the Wontons and Springrolls, and they were very greasy and oily, and the tasts you can tell the oil they used to deep fry was old and not fresh at all. It tasted like they did not change their oil for a month. When they served our wonton appetizers, we got it in like 5 minutes, and i asked my wie how they got this out so fast. It was not fresh, it was cooked and sat out to be served to next customer, this is why they servced it so fast. They served us a bowl of rice with our entrees, and the rice was not fresh at all, it was old and hard. The Mongolian beef was bland, with NO flavor or seasoning. There was a beef portion wrapped in foil to my wifes entree and it tasted bad. We did not eat all of our food. I only ate 2 spoonfulls of rice and beef, and left still hungry.

We complained to the waiter and he did not have any reaction, and did not even apologize or acknowledge we were happy. We told him the food was not fresh, very greasy, and the oil used to deep fry the food had a bad taste. He still brought us the bill for $35.00 total without any discount. A new waiter came by and i requested we get a discount on the bill because the rice was bad. She came back with the same bill, but had the kitchen cook more fresh rice without even asking me if that is what me and my wife asked for. Very unprofessional. Next thing i know the lady owner came to our table and asked what was wrong, we explained and requested we get a discount on our bill. She said no other customers complain, and she snapped and took the bill from our table. This was extremely rude and unprofessional as no restaurant should ever treat a customer like that.

So we left them the left over food, the new rice they made, and did get a $5.00 discount. We did not tip for such horrible service.

As we walked out of the restaurant, I noticed the walls near the entrance door has serious water damage with the wall paper and sheet rock was breaking off. I brushed my finger over it and sure enough, the sheet rock was just crumbling off in pieces and was wet. And when i looked on the carpet, there was clear signs of water stains from water damage. It was black outline which is a sign of mold and mildew in the carpet. They did not even get professional carpet cleaner to clean the carpet to hide the stains, it just shows clear and visible signs of major water damage marks on carpet with mold and mildew. It seems like they just left it there to dry. This is something you cannot have professional carpet cleaners just clean. This is something where you have to get rid of the sheet rock and carpet and replace it, because if any building has water damage, it will gorw mold and mildew if you do not replace it. So this restaurant definately has mold and mildew growing inside the walls and carpet with clear signs of water damage.

And the mens bathroom was disgusting, dirty, and not sanitary. This is the first thing you look at to decide if the restaurant is clean and sanitary, especially in their kitchen.

1  Thank long_beach_customer
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 18 February 2008

Our favorite chinese restaurant! They've got the best sizzling rice soup.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook