Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport
Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Facility was clean and recently renovated. The room appeared to have just been painted and with new carpet and fixtures. Very nice. Convenient to Long Beach airport. I would stay here again. Staff was helpful and friendly. Facility was completely full but was still clean. Room was quiet. Breakfast was well-stocked, nothing fancy, but was greatly appreciated since we had a very early flight.

Room Tip: My room was clean and newly renovated. I assume the entire facility was. Rooms on 3rd floor (top flo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Braddy E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Braddy - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our property to be so clean during your stay and our staff to be friendly. As well, it is great to hear that you liked our fully stocked grab-and-go" breakfast.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Room was very small but it was clean and quiet. Bring your own shampoo and hair dryer but an iron is provided. Breakfast consists of coffee and granola bars, oatmeal, or fruit. Bed was firm but comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Dennis W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dennis - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found your room to be clean and quiet and the bedding to be comfortable. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in guest rooms, we do offer a limited supply of them behind the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I got an amazing deal on hotwire for extended stay long beach, and was really pleasantly surprised. I got in at 2 am due to bad traffic coming down from SF. Jaclyn at the front desk was amazing! Super helpful and had a great sense of humor, especially considering the hour. The woman at the front desk when I checked out the next day was a delight as well. Very friendly, very helpful staff.

My room was spotless and filled with lots of surprising extra amenities. I supposed I could have guessed from the "Extended Stay" name, but I did not expect the room to have a full-sized fridge, stovetop, pots and pans, etc. I didn't need them, but it was cool to have. The decor is pretty cool and modern for a budget hotel! I'm so used to seeing the best of 1980's florals in the hotels I frequent, so this was a nice change of pace.

Very pleased with my stay, will definitely come again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Andrea - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give such a glowing review on our property. I'm thrilled that we were able to meet your expectations when it came to our service and guest rooms. I will definitely pass on your kind words to both Jackylyn and Syna as well as share all of your comments with the entire staff.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Many better options near the airport - only in an emergency stay here. Staff is rude, not friendly nor helpful. Grab n go breakfast consists of stale packaged processed foods, bed bugs, plumbing problems, elevator out of service for 3 days. No front desk staff after 10 pm. Overcharged and had to fight with management for weeks for refund. No customer service - hotel charges you for every little thing but rates are not any less expensive than much nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank J C
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Of several places in the area that I have stayed in the last 7 months, this one is the quietest, except for one occasion when an idiot outside my window fired up his vroom vroom rod and blasted his radio waking me up. Other than that, the bed was clean and comfortable. The room was clean but nothing fancy. If you're on a lower floor, you can hear people walking around abov you. Fortunately, for me this time, it wasn't much of an issue. The TV kept flipping from wide screen to full screen. I don't know what is up with that. I don't like the idea that the hotel taxes are 15%, which is almost double everywhere else I have been staying in the area. Don't expect much from the grab and fo breakfast. There isn't much to grab. You'd be better off going and grabbing something somewhere else. That being said, I will probably stay here again. There is no restaurant and I don't know if there is a fitness center or not.

Room Tip: Take paper towels and dish detergent. These are not provided.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Long Beach Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to apologize for the guest with the motorcycle and loud music that woke you up during the night. Other then that, I am am very happy that you found our hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable.

Thank you again for your review. We have enjoyed having you stay with us for 7 months already, and look forward to attending to your needs during the rest of your visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We ended up staying here for 2+ weeks in May 2013 - the front desk staff were great, the room was nice and clean, beds were good. Kitchen fit-out (pots, crockery, etc) was serviceable. Room was very quiet - never heard any planes taking off.
The second time we stayed had a 'difficult' person doing a phone reservation but that's going to happen sometimes.
We definitely would stay there again if we were in that part of Long Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms away from E Willow street may be quieter - we always got a room at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glajones

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience that you had at our location in Long Beach. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulty when making your reservation with us. Still, I am thrilled that you found our accommodations and the staff's friendly service to be top-notch.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

First off, my wife made reservations for this entire trip in her name. I happened to arrive 2 hours before she did. When I went to check in, the young guy at the front desk asked for my wife. I told her she will be in around 7 PM. He told me that I couldn't check-in since this reservation wasn't in my name. I wasn't pleased, at all. I waited until my wife arrived to check in. The very friendly lady at the counter apologized and noted there shouldn't have been an issue since the reservation wasn't prepaid. She implied it would have been as simple as changing the name and charging my card directly. (I even explained to the guy that the my wife and I have a joint credit card account and it's all the same money)

This episode started the night off to a rough start. Then as we were trying to get some rest, the Event Center next door was extremely loud and continued on after midnight. We couldn't rest from the bass of the music playing.

The walls seem to be paper thin. The person in the room above us caused the ceiling to shake as they walked in their room. It didn't seem as if they were stomping.

The "breakfast" is also a joke. It should be titled a snack bar. The oranges appeared to have had better days. The muffins were fair, but not enough for my family to get 2 each.

If you have children, stay somewhere else. This hotel doesn't have a pool for them.

The young lady at check-out encouraged us to write about our stay on TripAdvisor. So here we are!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family