“What a find!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We were looking for a place to have a quick but healthy (not fast food!) lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Modica's filled the bill perfectly. We are light eaters so got 2 sandwiches for the 3 of us and debated wrapping up the leftovers but they were too good. We forced ourselves to finish. Their bread is wondeful and the rest of the ingredients are very high quality. Downtown Long Beach was pretty quiet on Sunday afternoon but they were doing a good business. I suspect the locals know. I'm just happy we found out too. We had the Heartattack Jack and the Fresh Mozzarella Veggie. Yum!

1  Thank ELAINE K

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Were in the Marriot across the street for a week for business as we are every year and had always seen Modica's and heard it was good, but never went in. So, this time we made it over and found the best deli in Long Beach...if not anywhere! Killer great sandwiches and salads plus a great neighborhood atmosphere in a historic apartment building. I had an incredible pastrami with mustard and pickles that just melted in my mouth.

Came in several days later and the great gal behind the counter not only remembered our names, but also what we had ordered and even the wine we liked! That's service! Will be back again!

1  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I work nearby and must have eaten here at least fifty times. Go for the food, not the atmosphere. The bread, meats, vegetables, and condiments are high quality and extremely fresh, and always perfectly constructed. It is a couple of dolars more expensive than chains, but worth every penny. My favorite ,the Mozzarellla Fesh Veggie, would be on my short list of last meal requests.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

What a great little deli. Huge selection, fresh rolls, quality deli meats, great service. This was close to the hotel I stayed at and I chose to eat here 3 times for lunch during my 5 day visit. I had a turkey sub, greek salad, and chicken parm. sub. All were excellent! Wish this deli was located in MA!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful - the whole deli was well kept. Good, tasty food and large servings. Needed a doggiebag!