“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Los Altos
toronto
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This is a very well maintained and well run hotel. Staff are all friendly and very helpful. Rooms were large, modern and clean.
The breakfast was good, and the service was efficient. The outdoor patio area with the firepits were a bonus.
On the downside, the beds were very soft, and there were no in room safes.

Room Tip: You may want to choose a higher floor as you can hear the guests above stomping around in their room...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Don't know if I would have chosen this hotel for just my wife and myself or if I had been on a generous expense account. That said, however, we were in town for a family affair that had relatives and friends flying in from around the country and the Courtyard gave the family a great rate for the weekend and had ample lobby space (including a small open evening bar), breakfast and outdoor gathering areas that we took full advantage of. Our great weekend rate, though, didn't extend to Wednesday night when it almost doubled.
There were other groups in the hotel also, including an east coast soccer team playing in a weekend series at Stanford and high school cross country teams in town for a big meet. Despite the number of kids, we had virtually no late night noise or disturbances (that we have experienced in other hotel around the country when kids are enjoying the "good life" (perhaps, they were worn out by their athletic efforts during the day).
Check-in and out were quick and easy. As Marriott members, we also got chits for a couple of free drinks at the lobby lounge...a nice touch.
The room was comfortable. If I had any complaint it would be that the air conditioning was noisy. Once we just put it on constant fan, we escaped the disturbing starting and stopping noises. I do have one other pet peeve, but it seems to apply to more and more hotels nowadays. And that is the I-pod clock radio with the circular dials on top and about a dozen or more buttons with unfamiliar signage. By now, I've learned how to rotate the topside disks, but haven't mastered the other controls. We were there four nights and got the wake up to radio timing right just once. Twice, we got beeped, but no radio. To be on the safe side, we arranged for a wake-up phone call each day (critical for our very early departure on the check-out morning).
Was a bit undecided (confused?) by the breakfast options, which are not included in the room rate. You can opt for a small buffet or a large buffet (including hot dishes, meats and eggs and omelets to be made to your specs). It was never entirely clear what was included in the short buffet, since the waffle iron was in that section but was only listed on the larger menu. And, apparently, you can order ala carte, as well. The prices weren't that high, compared to restaurant breakfasts, but you had to be careful. You could get charged for coffe while just a few feet away you could get all the free coffee you wanted in the lobby. In some ways it was a very flexible operation, once you figured it out. By then, however, it was time to leave.
All staff were helpful, personable and friendly. Since a previous review discussed nearby restaurants I might add that, although we had family affairs in Palo Alto and Mountain View, we did walk one morning to Hobee's (a very popular local favorite) for breakfast (about 1/2 mile north) and to the restaurant cluster 3 blocks south at El Camino Real and San Antonio, where we had a choice of neighborhood Vietnamese, Greek, Italian, Korean or Japanese. Not haute cuisine, but certainly good and withing easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank oregonpoppa
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed three nights at this hotel for business to Palo Alto. The hotel is a run of the mill Courtyard in a very expensive area. You can expect high rates for the comfortable, but uninspired Courtyard experience. The hotel did offer garage parking add no added cost which conceivably they could have charged for.
The room was good, contemporary and quiet. Its great to have a hotel where you can open the windows, even if just a little bit- thank you.
The check in and check out was smooth, made for the business traveler. The lobby was a little tired, smelled like popcorn in the evenings as they have some snacks for the little bar in the lobby.
Didnt try the gym or any amenities at this hotel. Dining options are tough without a car but you can walk two an overpriced Hawaiian restaurant near by, or the Thai place across the street. If your up for a longer walk there is some Korean food and Japanese sushi places about just shy of a mile to the North on route 82. Its not a bad walk on a nice day.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the courtyard to cut down on any street noise if your sensitive to noise. T...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
wisconsin
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Nicest Courtyard we have been in. The outdoor sitting area, fire pits and evening wine was a very relaxing way to spend an evening! Staff was phenomenal and beds very comfortable (and we are quite picky with beds/sheets). Free parking underground a plus.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank skibyrd
San Jose, California
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, a week in May and a few days in July. Located close to the up market region of silicon valley and is about 35 mins from San Francisco airport and 20 mins from San Jose Airport.

The hotel offers free undercover car parking which is secure.

The room I had on both occasions faced the back of the hotel which are quieter than those at the front which overlook El Camino Real, a main road running from San Jose to San Francisco. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to open the windows to breath fresh air. The room itself was excellent and had everything I required. The internet was both wireless and wired and was very fast and of course free.

Breakfast is served in the reception area and is OK but I felt the price was a little steep.

This hotel is on my list of those I will use again when on business in that region.

Room Tip: Always ask for one facing the back of the hotel
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I hosted a group at this hotel last weekend. The hotel is a solid performing Courtyard product. The gas fire pits outside in the nice little courtyard area were a plus. Parking was under the building, plenty of space and secure. I would feel very comfortable putting my travel clients in this hotel. If I can answer any questions, please contact me.

Room Tip: They have some larger rooms that have a patio on the 1st floor. As a Platinum Elite, I was able to...
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Was looking for a decent place that wasn't insanely expensive and close to Stanford for an event there. I was able to get a decent rate via the Marriott Web site. I've had mixed experiences with this particular brand, from poor to very good. This was a very good one. The room was new, large, clean, well-appointed with a comfortable bed, large workspace, free wifi, free underground parking and a variety of amenities on-site.

The best part of the stay was the staff, especially the folks at the front desk, who were infinitely patient and kind to me during my stay. I can't say enough about the warm welcome, the additional assistance provided, and the efficiency and friendliness of the staff at this hotel.

One appeal is that there are a lot of motel-like hotels in this area. This hotel had secure underground parking, key-entry systems after hours, and indoor passageways with strong doors. It definitely felt safer for a single female traveler than other locations in the area.

Room Tip: Just ask. The front desk staff bent over backwards to make me welcome!
1 Thank mollydotcom
Crowne Plaza Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos? Share your experiences!