“Very good hotel”

Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Los Altos
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. This is our 2nd visit to this hotel, and we would stay there again. The exercise room is good. Coffee in the morning is great. Basement parking is a plus so you are out of the weather and your car is safe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Yep, it's a Courtyard, and yep, it's been remodeled, which is great, but I'm writing this review because the staff here is amazing. Every single person I interacted with went out of their way to make my stay better. This includes housekeepers, bus boys, and a groundskeeper. It's almost like a conspiracy where they are forcing workers to enjoy the California State Medicinal Plant before work each day.

All kidding aside, I loved this location and loved the fantastic service

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the 1st week of June this year & had a pleasant stay.
The staff were courteous & polite. During the stay in Palo Alto; i suffered a fracture (outside hotel) & staff were so helpful to me. They even got my complimentary breakfast to my room since i could not walk. They even helped find a room with disability access immediately after my accident which is a real PLUS for me this time.

The room is clean; bathroom is hygenic as well. The wifi connection is pretty fast; i could connect to my office network & download huge files in a jiffy as well. I like this feature a lot.

I do have some points which the hotel can look into:
1) I am a vegetarian; did not have much choice for breakfast apart from cereals, oatmeal, toast :(
2) The bed/pillows are like real sink in - i would prefer a firm mattress. This did not help my fractured leg

Room Tip: Choose the room facing the courtyard compared to those facing the main road, nice view there
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I originally planned to stay in Palo Alto but as I looked for a room a couple of days ahead of my travel I found the room-rates to be very high. It took me some time to find that this Los Altos hotel is just on the border of Palo Alto and rooms were available at a good rate. The two days stay was nice and comfortable. The room was clean and unlike a couple of previous reviews I did not face any issues of noise.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights recently and would stay here again. The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. Parking is a breeze in the underground structure. The free donut holes in the lobby were a nice touch. My only complaint is that the windows are not soundproof at all. There is an inner courtyard and you can hear every tiny noise from the courtyard, which made sleeping a bit challenging at times.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the inner courtyard so you aren't kept awake.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2013

On the surface it's fine. Two thumbs up on clean. comfortable rooms, nice courtyard with fire pits, pool and pleasant seating, complimentary snacks in the lobby....but what good is any of this if you cannot get a good night's sleep! As I type this (instead of sleeping!) I'm flooded with layers of NOISE and a lumpy, saggy mattress keeps me tossing and turning. Thin walls mean I can hear someone snoring....SNOORRRING! But much worse is an indusrtrial fan, air con units, bathroom fan ( no turn off switch) and room fridge. And then there's the issue of the duvet....no duvet cover, just sandwiched between two sheets, so you wrestle all night trying to avoid snuggling up to the inevitably exposed duvet. Outside my door is a constant electric hum coming from the hallway.

And so, I will greet the day with bags under my eyes, a sore back and duvet cooties. Thanks Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank pickyplanner
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. 2 things to be aware of: there is not a lot of parking outside of the hotel and the breakfast is not complementary. They do have an underground parking garage. The garage was convenient and secure. Their breakfast was great but I guess I have grown accustomed to complementary breakfast at other hotels. The food was really good and I liked the fact that they have made to order omelettes and many other dishes. I also had trouble getting into the pool area at night. I went before the pool closed but myself and another guest were not able to access the pool. Other than that, it was nice. It was nice having access to HBO, a refrigerator in the room and there were more than enough computers in their lounge area that printing my boarding pass was quick and easy. It was also quiet even though I stayed while a high school girls sports team was there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos? Share your experiences!