“weekend visit”

Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Los Altos
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Good location for Stanford area. Secured underground parking. Between major shopping centers and convenient drug stores for forgotten items. Comfortable, clean rooms with semi-private patio and chairs on first floor.

Room Tip: First floor, semi-private patios and chairs. rm 162 has small conference room blocking major street...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hubby and I stayed with our three-year-old at this hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel staff was friendly, attentive, professional and accommodating. Check-in and check-out were lightning fast. We stayed in a king suite which was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and the room was sound proof. There was plenty of free parking. The surrounding area is very safe. The only thing I wish the hotel had was room service. However, they do have a Starbucks and a bistro where you can order "to go". I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed for 2 months with our 2 year old son. Our family stayed in other rooms. Great and friendly service from everyone at this hotel! Very nice pool area, we used it almost every day. Good parking. Great location in Los Altos. Easy to enter freeway. Used the gym several times, good enough for me. Open 24 hours. Breakfast is ok, but good a bit tired after a couple of weeks. Could have been better selection of bread and a variety of eggs, but I guess it is a typical american breakfast.

We would definitely come back again if we are in the area, because of the nice rooms, fantastic service and pool!!

Room Tip: Ask for room facing pool area - much lighter and brighter inside, and nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel about 8 times over the past year, so I generally liked it. Not too big, I like the style, friendly, welcoming staff, nice pool/'courtyard' and breakfast. The downs were still the noisy A/C and intermittent/slow internet connection. However, in the summer they changed the breakfast buffet. First of all in August they were renovating the restaurant, so I forgave them for the little choice, and makeshift breakfast, since then I've been back twice. The first time to experince extremely long queues (15mins) to order breakfast, disorganised staff and a generally bad experience. Now you have to wait in queue, order from a menu, wait for them to bring it, and everything is delivered in plastic. The friendly and happy man who used to serve freshly made omelettes however you wanted it, has been banished to the kitchen, to cook a limited range of breakfasts. This hotel now has exactly the opposite of what I look for in a breakfast at a hotel. (Queueing, everything in plastic, limited/fixed choice, waiting for things to be brought to the table, poor process for the staff) I am trying the Residence Inn next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the street!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheLight
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed for two nights and after checking in, we were put in a room next to a group of noisy young men. Still making noise after midnight, we called the front desk and we were moved to another room. Not sure why we were placed in the middle of a floor of young men from a sports team, but we were moved to a different floor and it was much quieter and nicer for us. Hotel was very clean and comfortable, beds were comfortable. Only small complaint was that there was no complimentary breakfast (although there was complimentary popcorn and donut holes). Easy and convenient underground parking was a plus. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The good things - great staff, location, parking convenience, the room is nicely decorated and spacious, sleep quality is good, lobby area is welcoming, comfortable and nice to stay at.

The list prices are high. Look at the weekend rates or special rates, they are good value. For the list price I would expect for more.

Things to seriously consider improving -
Breakfast - I do not like my coffee in paper cups and other food on plastic serving and cutlery. It is time to upgrade for normal hotel buffet breakfast or a-la-cart.
Noise - there are two icemakers on every floor making terrible noise. The aircondition in most rooms is old and terribly noisy. You would hear very well your neighbor's aircondition when it is on. The refrigerator in the room is noisy.
Bath room is old style - at least refresh the curtains to transparent ones so light can pass through.
Elevators - so slow...
Gym - please keep everything operating...

I would definitely stay here again. This is good place and great staff especially with the special rates. With some improvements, it can be better and really excel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay. The staff was very professional, friendly, and they allowed to me to check-in early. I plan on staying there for my next business trip. Hotel was very clean and I had no issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
#10 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hilton Garden Inn Palo Alto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Courtyard Palo Alto Los Altos? Share your experiences!