“A Lot of Fun-One Time Only” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Universal Studios Hollywood with Transport
Ranked #2 of 536 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for the ultimate Hollywood experience! Find a full day of action-packed entertainment all in one place: thrilling theme park rides and shows, a real working movie studio, and Los Angeles’ best shops, restaurants and cinemas at CityWalk. Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique experience that’s fun for the whole family. Explore Universal Studios backlot on the legendary Studio Tour. Then face the action head on in heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s biggest movies. End your day with the energy and excitement of Universal CityWalk. All this and much more. Only at Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A.
San Diego
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A Lot of Fun-One Time Only”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent the day at Universal Studios and had a lot of fun. The main reason I have given this 4 stars instead of 5 was that the ride Jurassic Park was closed and that is one of the major attractions. Food just so-so, but what do you expect from a theme park. I'm really glad we went, but for us, one time was enough.

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“the best place to visit in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

i just visited the park yesterday june 9,2014. it was a sunday so the park was so crowded. we start off our journey in water world at lunch time. it was very impressive show to watch a lot of special effects and nice story line. but be careful with the place that you will sit on since you have the tendency to get wet if you will sit in the lower part of every side. just keep a little bit of distance to be safe.
second would be the studio tour it is so impressive and informative at the same time. we were able to see different backdrops and effects used in the movies like kingkong,psycho,bruce almighty and the like.
third would be shrek 4D, i was quite disappointed since i was expecting a different storyline since i already watched it in universal studios singapore, but i think they were the same.
next would be the newest ride in universal and that is minion mayhem this is the despicable me ride. it was so nice and fun its good for all age groups.
we also tried special effects show it was more of audience participation showing of special effects it was amazing but not so entertaining..

price of food are more expensive than disneyland and too much line up to get refills of soda on our character souvenir sipper so you wont be able to make use of that 99 cents refill since you need to line up the same amount of time you will spend at attractions

tips: just be early better if you start opening time since you will spend too much time lining up

Visited June 2014
2 Thank enyale_08
Oshawa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Must Go!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am not really a theme-park-kind-of-person, but I decided to bite the bullet for my 6 year old son and went anyway. What a great decision! Universal Studios LA was AMAZING!!! Their rides were NOT only entertaining for kids, but adults as well. My husband and I LOVE the STUDIO TOUR the MOST! It was simply spectacular. The layout of the park was great I thought, they have the upper level and lower level. If you are going early in the day…I would suggest you go straight down into the lower level first as most people are lining up for the rides on the upper level. And then head back up to the upper level.

Even better, I would suggest you get the FAST PASS! It's worth the extra cost…especially if you are planning to visit during their peak periods. We had the FAST PASS and it was amazing. There was practically NO LINE up in the FAST PASS line when we went…even though the PARK was PACKED. Also if you want, you can download their Universal Studio APP (where they update the waiting period for each of the ride). This was a really handy tool in trying to organize and maximize your day.

My favourite place to eat at Universal Studios had to be the Flintstone BBQ. The Turkey Drumstick was MASSIVE and very delicious…my husband and son worked hard to finish it. The only down side was the line-up. I was in line for over 45 mins that day just to order my food. So if you want some BBQ you will have to bring your patience and plan ahead. Just before the noon hour…the line up wasn't so bad. I should have gotten my food then. After 1pm the line was crazy. However, my family and I were visiting from Canada…so I roasted in the SUN for my son and HUSBAND (just so they can have a turkey leg) as we don't have it up here in Canada =(

The day was AMAZING! My 6 year old son said it was the BEST VACATION ever. If you are in the AREA I would certainly recommend Universal Studios. It's worth the visit. I honestly was not looking forward to spending a day at an AMUSEMENT PARK, but by the end…I was so glad my family insisted I go…it was an ADVENTURE to be remembered! I will never forget the smile on my son's face when it met his heroes Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. That was priceless!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Cubella
Guatemala City, Guatemala
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hollywood from the inside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went with my family, while they visit me. It was awesome, all the attractions in the park. And you see how they make the movies. all the scenarios.

Visited December 2013
Sterlington, Louisiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“California Dreamin 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Took my 11 yr old daughter to Universal and we had a BLAST! If you go try to plan early in the season like we did- schools in Los Angeles are still in session and we didn't have to wait in hardly any long lines. Park was clean and we enjoyed all the rides- her favorite was Minion Ride.

Visited June 2014