“Don't visit”

Ranked #85 of 605 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A boulevard where the stars of Hollywood are immortalized with bronze star-plaques, embedded in pink and charcoal terrazzo squares.
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

As a resident of Los Angeles I cringe every time a friend or family member visiting asks to see the walk of fame. This is honesty a waste of time and over crowded. If you are a tourist and wanting to do the walk, I highly recommend you skip it. Go to Griffith park and do the Hollywood sign hike. You'll get exercise and have a better time

Date of experience: January 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (15,735)
All reviews
in 151 reviews
"footprints"
in 132 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Walk of fame is interesting to see but hollywood blvd in general really is out dated and scruffy....lots of surrounding shops are cheap & tacky. A number of stars are graffiti covered and it just doesn't feel like I thought it was going to.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Hollywood is not glamorous, it's odd. Walk of Fame is full of every kind of person. Don't let your guard down, but enjoy.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Although I live in LA, I rarely go to Hollywood. But when out-of-town guests are visiting, I am willing to brave the crowds and show them the sights. Our most recent venture to Hollywood was the Monday after New Years Day, and the place was a zoo. It was so crowded that we lost our friends and couldn't really spend any time describing the nuances and special details of the place to them. It was far too stressful to be enjoyable. Between the crowds around the street performers and the hawkers selling tours, it was loud and people were pushing too much to really browse the Stars on the sidewalk.

I still give it three stars because it really is a unique and special place; however, I would be very careful and selective about when to visit. There are maps on-line about where specific Stars are located, so if you want to see a particular star, I would look it up ahead of time too.