“A Place Like No Other”
Review of The Edison

The Edison
Reserve with OpenTable
The Edison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #314 of 10,660 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Main St.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I attended a corporate special event here while in LA. It is simply amazing! There are so many facets to the decor, nooks and crannies where people can meet for conversation, a great dance floor and raised bandstand and a fast, friendly wait staff. I would love to return to this place.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was in awe as I walked down the stairs into the open restaurant/bar. The decor is beautiful, with little nooks and crannies everywhere, all done in a 20's or 30's theme...luxurious...I can't describe how beautiful it is...the food was great and I just wish I had gone when the crowds were there, each time I have been it has been quiet however I hear it goes off and gets packed. The silent movies on the wall are fantastic...just beautiful...BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We dropped in for a few drinks during happy hour on a Thursday. We initially had a hard time finding the entrance, a little off the main street. The bartender made my martinis like an artist and we enjoyed the silent movies being shown on the wall. It was fun & would definitely return.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Opening in 2007, The Edison is a nightclub/restaurant/bar built in the space of the first power plant in Los Angeles. The homage to it's history is everywhere you look. After navigating the almost always present velvet rope line outside, you walk down stairs into a lair of liquor straight out of the '20s and '30s. The space is a genius mix of intimate little nooks where lovers retreat to wide open rooms where hipsters try to out hipster each other. The drinks are descent in very generous glasses, the food is comfortable and varied from sushi to German pretzels. But the atmosphere alone is worth the price of admission.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

I had my fill of super crowded clubs in college and my husband has never been a fan. But we really wanted to do NYE "Los Angeles Style" and really live it up. I had heard good things about this place, so I went ahead and booked a table for 4. At ~$100 per person for the ticket, it wasn't the cheapest option ever, but that included the table, a bottle of champagne, and a champagne toast at midnight. We were floored with how great it was! The atmosphere is just amazing! Its roaring 20's with and steampunk all mixed in.

We had the table for the night, our waitress pointed out that we could leave our stuff and come and go as we pleased as it was our "home base" for the night - I absolutely would do this again, it was so great to have a quieter / calmer retreat to come back to in between watching the live music and dancing and watching the aerialists etc. When it was midnight the main areas were pretty darn crowded (crowded, not insanely jam packed), so the table refuge around the corner from the dancing was such a welcome respite!

The crowd was late 20's through maybe early 40's mix. In my opinion, lots of fun. These were all adults looking to dance, celebrate, blow off some steam and have some fun, not pompus 22 year olds who are "too cool" to be polite or dress nice.

Bottom line, I'd go again with a fun group of people in a heartbeat, but only if we got a table again.

2  Thank MrsZiggy