“Location very good, and helpful and friendly staff!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame
Ranked #35 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Inderoy Norway
“Location very good, and helpful and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The road outside the hotel has a lot of traffic, and we did not manage to exit correctly in to the Hotel Garage the first time we passed the hotel by car. Then we had to make a little sightseeing in the neighbourhood before we returned but that was actually just fun, beacuse this hotel is located very strategic in Hollywood. Car parking was OK (costed 22 dollars). The parking area was decorated in a way which reflected Hollywoods Movie history. The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and we got a newly redecorated room at the 7.th floor (we were warned about the smell of Paint, but this really did not bother us at all) The room was definitely not spacious but with a Nice view overlooking LA skyline and some lush and beautiful Bougenvilla bushes in the nearby area. The bathroom was very nice, and the waterpressure in the shower very good. We were not bothered by any noise from the traffic. The rooms was quite expensive, but still we think this is value for Money, and would probably choose this hotel also the Next time in Hollywood.

Room Tip: We had a quiet stay in a room at the seventh floor With a view over LA and some beautyful Bogenvilla...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank thehuldt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
South Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The clerk MiMi and her co-workers were very friendly and helpful with information about the lounge and hotel resturant; like what kind of foods was available and what time to breakfast, lunch and dinner was avalialbe. The staff was very informatative about other foods available around the area, what was available for guest at the hotel. Check in was quick and easy. Liked that a lot. Welcoming lobby, the decorating and the big chairs.

Gave us a map and good directions on how to get to your outside room and how this hotel was different than the tradational Holiday Inns. Love the the interesting tid bit about the tree that was in the lobby. It was decorated for Mardi Gras. Love the tree decorations idea I think that give this hotel a little special touch of it's own. Never seen that before. Hope you keep the other tree decorating idea going also.

The room was nice and clean. The huge bed and the 4 pillows was very appealing and welcoming. My partner made a comment on the 4 pillows. He liked that you guys had 4 pillows instead of 3 for the king sized bed. Why 4 pillows made sense to him I don't know. But he like it very much. Bathroom was clean, great shower. Liked that the shower head was highter for taller people. The water pressure was great too. Makes a difference to a wirey driver. Trust. I drove 4 hours to get there. Like where the tv was place I could see it good. Wear glasses.

Used the microwave to warm up my wonderful meal after I came back from the lounge. The food was top knotch. I had to shrimp with penn pasta, don't remember the name of the dish but it was as good enough to be in a fine resturant by my book. My partner loved the steak hurricanes and the sauces you had with it. Very pleased with the food. The help desk was friendly and patient when I called to asked how to find the ice machine. And when I order my food the operator/order taker was very friendly and helpful. Food came quick and hot with all the extras I asked for like hot sauce. Very pleased with service.

Check out was just as quick and easy. I will look for Holiday Inn Express when I travel to stay with. Very welcoming comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I didn't have any issues or concerns. When I closed the shade it kept out the light. The a/c was...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank shawneecop69
Lexington MA
Reviewed 24 February 2014

For those who want a location that's convenient for Hollywood sightseeing, this place is perfect. The hotel itself could use a bit of upgrading--furniture and linens seemed worn, and our room, though away from the street and very quiet, was basic. (Re linens, I was a bit put off by the posted warning in the bathroom about staining the towels, with threatened fees far beyond what these items would have cost even when brand new.) But all the staff members we encountered were very pleasant and helpful, and that makes a big difference in the experience. Free wifi in the room worked fine. The included breakfast, while not lavish, did offer a reasonable range of foods, and the breakfast items were kept well stocked. We were unable to avoid the dreaded valet parking. However, service was prompt and courteous.

Room Tip: Traffic on Highland Avenue is fierce. A back room doesn't have a nice view (various trash from...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RPMc
NJ
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This would have been an average rating if it were not for the service Omar and his team provided. We had a wonderful stay, the room was clean, and the amenities and location were great. Look, you get what you pay for, so do not expect the Lowes type of hotel.

That being said, the staff here is really helpful and they keep the property well maintained.

Omar was a great source of info and a proud representative of his property. Learn from us, when he tells you to stay away from Griffith on a Sat. evening then stay away! We did not listen and could not even get into the parking lot. Wasted 90 minutes each way in traffic too!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent six nights, it was our first time in Los Angeles. The hotel is a little dated but what's very important is that all members of staff were always pleasant, courteous and helpful. From the front desk staff (sorry I cannot remember everyone's name) to the guy who would give you the daily paper and also house keeping. It's the perfect location which is basically a five minute walk to the main attractions: Hollywood walk of fame, Dolby theatre, Chinese Theatre, Madame Tussaud's, shopping and restaurants. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Miami North Highland Avenue and I must admit that the staff is always a cut above the rest. Keep up the great work. You guys always make us feel at home away from home. Thank you so much for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We atayed here for 3 nights last week . It was our first experience of LA and Hollywood and I am glad we cjose this hotel. Great customer service and a very good value for money in the expensive suburb of hollywood. Many tourist attractions are just 5 min walk away. Hotel rooms are very clean. I normally take my own bath towel but I did not see any reason to use mine in here as the towels are very clean. All staff esp Maria at reception are very nice and helpful. We arrived at 9 am and checkin time was 3 pm but they were nice enough to accomodate us in their only available room and upgraded our room to a suite the day after without any charges. I already recommended this hotel to my friend who is visiting LA in April and I will definitely come back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bluerose6021
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Family of 5 and we stayed during January and we very happy with the value and location. We also had a large SVU and no problem with the paid parking. Excellent for a very short walk down to Hollywood boulevard, walk of fame, hard rock and chinese theatre, and as a base for road trips into beverly hills, santa monica, malibu, griffith observatory, universal studios. We stayed 3 nights to all the LA and hollywood attractions, then moved to a Disney hotel for the disney and Californian theme park.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family