and 1 more site!
Ranked #37 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This location was wonderful - just a short walk to the hall of fame, and a bunch of the local sites. We did the hop on/hop off sightseeing tour and this location allowed us to walk there easily, plus it was close a bunch of restaurants. The staff were great - friendly and helpful. The room was nice - bit a bit run down; especially on the carpet. But I would definitely head back to this hotel if I were in town again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chantal S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed for 5 days and previously stayed here 2 years ago. Good location for exploring Hollywood - easy walking distance to Hollywood Blvd, but not too close. Rooms are quiet and reasonably large and beds were comfortable. The only "problem" was a very slowly dripping bathtub spout, but it didn't keep us awake.

The pool was nice and the fitness room has treadmills and elliptical machines; neither was heavily used during our stay. The breakfast bar had a variety of foods: breads, warm cinnamon rolls, a pancake machine, cold and hot cereals, bacon or sausage, egg dishes, yogurt and milk, and various fruits (apples, oranges, bananas). This helped offset the hotel room and parking costs and saved us time for other activities. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is on a busy street. To access it from the south (Hollywood Boulevard), we had to turn left at a signal 2-3 blocks north of the hotel, proceed into a residential area with narrow winding streets, and turn around in residents' driveways. Hopefully, those residents weren't bothered.

The hotel is comfortable, provides a good base for exploring, and is decent value, albeit a bit expensive. Car access in and out can be difficult during rush hour. We definitely will consider staying here again the next time we visit the area.

Room Tip: For convenience, floor 4 is on the same level as the pool and breakfast and exercise rooms, but is w...
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Although the price was a little high due to location and a Saturday night stay, I found that it was worth it! All of the staff were kind...the valet, the front desk, breakfast host and housekeeping all made me us feel welcomed. The complimentary breakfast was good, the room was clean and beds were comfortable. I would definitely go back!

1 Thank Sophie R
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We booked a room for three nights, the only one left that would accommodate four people was wheelchair accessible. The shower had a removable shower head that could be mounted and raised or lowered. Unfortunately, it was broken, so the only way to take a shower was to hold it. We told the front desk, who was very nice and said they would send maintenance up right away. They came, but apparently they were unable to fix it and we lived with it for the remainder of our stay.

The location was fine, we could walk to Hollywood blvd, but if I were to go again I would choose to stay at the Jefferson apartments - closer to Hollywood Blvd and larger accommodations. There were not many choices to eat when we ate past 9:30 one night and we just wanted to walk a block or two.

The pool was ok, but it was in the shade starting at about 3pm every day, so it was really too cold to enjoyably sit outside.

The breakfast offered several choices, including fruit, yogurt, pancakes from a machine, cereals, biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, bagels and muffins, french toast. My only complaint is that the eggs were powdered, not real, and the "omelettes" were filled with some sort of cheese whiz type of cheese product. Otherwise, the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: It was nice to be on the same floor as the pool, breakfast area and business center.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hollywood Hotel Walk of Fame, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear varipaul,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the condition of the bathroom and over breakfast. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here with my mother for 5 nights in November 2013, and loved it. The room was big, staff were friendly, the free breakfast was good and the pool was a nice place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. The location is just around the corner from the hollywood Highland Center, and is only about a 5 minute walk to Hollywood BLVD. Across the rd is a sushi restaurant, a subway, a coffee shop and liquor store. It was easy to get to Burbank to the studios via cab from here, about 15.00, and universal studios is just one subway stop away. We had never been to LA and were unaware of how very spread out it is. I would stay here again if ever back in the LA area...really enjoyed it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel had everything we needed and wanted. The price was very reasonable. The location was convenient, close to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and plenty of restaurants and shopping. The rooms were bright, spacious, very clean. The beds were very comfortable. We weren't disturbed by loud noises from our neighbors and the other guests were quite happy with the accomodations. The free hot breakfast was fantastic. The pool was open air, clean and sunny. The staff, without exception, were friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. The valet parking was so convenient, and all had a friendly smile and kind words. I could not possibly recommend this hotel more sincerely. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of the front of the hotel, but as we only stayed in that one room, I could not s...
1 Thank andrea m
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the holiday inn walk of fame in los angeles the week of the academy awards and upon checking in I realized I did not have my pocket book. Bailey who was at the desk could not have been more wonderful if she tried, she helped me everyway possible from getting me phone numbers for my banks to cancel credit cards and call my physician and locate a pharmacy within walking distance to get my needed medication, she followed up with me the next day to see if there was anything else she could do or if I needed anything at all. Anthony at the bell desk was also teriffic, in that he saw my distress and helped w bag and offered to help if he could. He made arrangements for a cab the next day and had it ready and waiting as we checked out. I would like to suggest that Holiday Inn acknowledge these two outstanding employees, they made a terrible experience tollerable. My pocket book was returned to me by mail by the person who found it will all my property and cash untouched. Los Angeles is a great town and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends