“Homely in Hollywood”

Hollywood Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a total of four nights at the beginning and end of our holiday. We had the Mavarick plus the Special Ed rooms. The beds were comfy and pillows just right. William and Nina were friendly and helpful and the house is the perfect location with a pleasant walk down to Hollywood tourist sites. Would recommend to everyone and one day hope to stay again.

Room Tip: Mavarick is away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HollywoodBandB2013, Owner at Hollywood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We love the Aussies! They are as open and crazy as we Americans and they have such nice manners, almost English.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My sister and I spent 4 nights at the Hollywood B&B in March, and couldn't have wished for a better place to stay. William and Nina were friendly and helpful, the location was very convenient, and the building itself was colorful, fun, comfortable, and immaculate. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We liked the Biarritz room, with its door opening out onto the pool area. We had comfortable twin b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HollywoodBandB, Owner at Hollywood Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

We must admit it is nice to read posts like this from our guests whose company we were fortunate enough to have enjoyed for a short while. Having a Bed and Breakfast should be an opportunity for everyone who enjoys meeting new people.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a small inn run by a couple with multiple artistic talents. The home is covered in art work (tile mosaics), architectural models, and generic ephemera. The innkeepers are friendly and the rooms are as described on the web. Overall a fun and quirky place to stay and a good value for LA.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Comfortable bed with topline linens in a room with a 50" flat screen TV and shelves filled with an eclectic selection of books. Off street parking. Very very reasonable rates. Very nice owner and staff (one housekeeper). Spotless, convenient to L.A. ( if anything is convenient in L.A.!) I hope this place is available for all my trips to the 'left' coast!

Room Tip: The Biarritz that I stayed in is what I'm reviewing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SonofAl
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We only spent one night here, but had a wonderful stay. The house is beautiful and has a lot of character. You could spend your whole vacation inside the house just exploring all the fun art work! The location is very convenient and the owners were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure I had a special type of milk I needed for breakfast. I can't say enough good things about this place... I will definitely stay there again if I'm ever in LA!

Room Tip: The Comet room was great and has a huge bathroom. It over looks the backyard and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My wife and I decided to stay in a BandB for our one week vacation to LA. We could not have pick a better place. Hollywood Bed and Breakfast is located in Hollywood, within a short driving distance to Grauman's Chinese Theater, The Dolby Theater, etc. Our hosts, William and Nina were super. They allowed us to check in early, even though the room was not ready. At least we were able to drop off and luggages and unpack. They were friendly and accommodating. They were knowledgeable on most attractions in the LA area and beyond. Along with the usual flyers and advertisements from they had maps to different locales (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood, etc.) We stayed in the Comet Room which was just right for my wife and I. One drawback is the lack of drawers for unpacking clothes so we just keep some of our clothes in our suitcase. They serve a la carte breakfast, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, coffee, tea, the kind of breakfast that isn't too heavy but at the same time satisfying. i recommend checking out their website which is very accurate.
I heartily and enthusiastically recommend this BandB!!!

Room Tip: The closet space is small and the drawers aren't really designed to store clothes. Be prepared...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was our second time staying at the Hollywood bed and breakfast. It is located in the heart of Hollywood, within walking distance of the clubs, restaurants and tourist attractions, but manages to still retain the charm and atmosphere of a private, quiet oasis. Nina and William are charming and attentive to your needs. Every detail is immaculate. Both times we have stayed in the Premier Room. It is absolutely perfect: clean, spacious, beautifully decorated. The bathroom is probably larger than my kitchen, flawlessly clean with handpainted ivy illuminating the walls. There is a giant Jacuzzi and walk in glass enclosed shower with a balcony outside the door. The bedroom is dreamy, with a king sized bed so comfortable you will definitely want to sleep in. And..yes, there is more -- a private patio next to a hideaway kitchenette complete with microwave, coffee machine and fridge.

Breakfast is laid out in the morning by seven, and William is there to offer tremendous information on places to see or just to have an interesting conversation. Food is a healthy mix of cereals, yoghurt, fruit and breads, and hard boiled eggs. If you want something a little more substantial there is the Grill, a few blocks down on Sunset Boulevard, and is a busy wonderful place to enjoy a large, delicious breakfast.

I feel that the Hollywood B&B epitomizes southern California with its artistic flourishes evident throughout the house and property, large swimming pool surrounded by flora and fauna, and incredibly helpful yet laid back owners.

If you want a true taste of hospitality and a great place to stay I recommend this wholeheartedly. I certainly plan to come back again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple