JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$462
US$450
  • Breakfast included
US$135
US$300
US$260
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$278
US$399
US$297
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$415
  • Beachfront
US$174
US$138
2,284 results
All reviewsstaples centerconvention centerla live complexnokia theaterfilling stationdowntown layard housegrammy museumthe ritzlakers gamethe executive loungeattending an eventrooftop poolroom servicevalet parkingjunior suitelobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I had a very good stay at the JW Marriott while I was in town for the LA Half Marathon in late October. The hotel is modern and clean, and my room was big, quiet, and comfortable. The bed was just right - not too soft and not too firm. I noticed a hum from the air conditioner, but I just turned it off at night since it the weather was so mild.

Everywhere in the hotel, I found the staff to be helpful and very courteous. They made for a pleasant stay.

The shower head seemed to be of the water-saving variety, but there was adequate water pressure for a good, hot shower. I noticed LED lighting in the hall outside the elevator on my floor, and presume the hotel was built to modern energy-saving standards.

The rooftop pool looked very really inviting, but I didn't have time to use it. At 5pm on a warm Saturday it was surprisingly empty.

I had been skeptical that the convenient LA Live location would be noisy and crowded, but it was fine. Driving to and from the hotel was no worse than the rest of downtown LA, and I felt very comfortable walking around the neighborhood.

The parking valet person told me I'd get a discount on parking because I drove a hybrid car, although at checkout they missed the discount so I had to remind them. All downtown LA hotel parking is expensive, so I was thrilled to get a substantial discount. The valet pickup area was very busy, but the wait to get my car was less than 10 minutes.

While nearby hotels like the Millennium Biltmore offer great old world charm, this JW Marriott is a great contemporary hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Checked out on a Wednesday morning, by that afternoon someone started using the credit card I had used at the Marriott attempting large charges and accessing my credit report. I was called by the credit card company on Thursday asking about charges which I confirmed were fraudulent and the card was cancelled. I called the hotel, not to accuse them but to alert them that they may have a rogue employee or a security breach. I thought I was doing them a favor, but they just stonewalled and assured me it could not be their fault. Well, even though they put me on hold for five minutes I don't think they had time to investigate the matter and I got the impression that I was considered a nuisance for bringing it up. They asked me what i wanted done; I told them make a note and pass it along to security. That had never occurred to them. It also took them ten minutes just to find the record of my stay so I don't have much faith in their computer skills and they refused to let me speak to anyone in management above desk level.

Again, I am not making any accusations against the hotel, but I think their customer skills in handling the situation were considerably less than professional.

So this is a five star hotel with one star service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MontanaTraveler1111
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had a fantastic stay. The rooms were very clean, pleasant staff, nice restaurant, the 4th floor rooftop pool was great, and it's in a great area! Easily walk to several restaurants, cinemas, shopping, the Staples Center, Nokia Theater etc...

The only thing that surprised us was if you have a car, it's $40 to park/day; they only have valet parking and the closest parking structure charges $30, isn't open 24 hours and you would have to move daily.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The JW is a great location for downtown LA, whether it be for business or for events at the Staples, Nokia and other venues. The hotel is customer friendly and the rooms are large and nicely furnished with great bathrooms. There are lots restaurants all around the vicinity and the area is safe and friendly.

We stayed as we were settling my daughter into FIDM which is just around the corner. Walking up town to the financial and shopping areas is also not a problem. Santa Monica is easily acceptable with the freeway adjacent and the airport is a 20 mins (weekend) $50 ride away.

Room Tip: Include the breakfast in the rate...its VFM compared to buying seperately.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just returned from a three night visit at this hotel, where we stayed while we attended Family Weekend at the University of Southern California. For anything USC-related, this hotel would be hard to beat; it's maybe a mile straight down Figueroa to campus. Many of the other reviews have captured the essential pros and cons of the place (good room sizes, all of the restaurants and activity associated with LA Live, cool design factor, good TVs, etc.). The reason I knocked a star off of my review this time was the extra charge ($12.95 per day) for wireless internet service, which in late 2011 I believe is a straight-up ripoff, and the fact that the general level of maintenance / upkeep / housekeeping was not, for me, at the 5 star level. Rest assured that none of the issues would keep me from staying here again - and I probably will - but just a little thing here and there could have been better.

But overall a terrific choice for downtown LA.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family