“Great Location & Spectacular Hotel”

JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Ranked #20 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My first trip to LA and I must say,this hotel was one of the best things about the trip! Not far from LAX airport & was just beautiful! Not to mention above par on comfort! HIGHLY recommend! It is close to everything!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a hotel that is the center of all your traveling,this hotel is perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KaylNMoor
Write a ReviewReviews (2,240)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We drove up the California coast from Temecula to spend a weekend in LA. My finance and I were not disappointed. The hotel is incredibly located next to all the hotspots from bars to restaurants and everything in between. The hotel is modern and trendy with great bars inside the building. The room was perfect for us. The front desk couldn't have been any nicer. Upon check-in, a gentleman by the name of Ryan (which happens to be my name) comped us 100 dollars in free alcoholic drinks and comped our valet for the weekend. We were celebrating an engagement. If you're looking for a great location, trendy hotel with tons of perks... it's worth every dime!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the annual CAPG conference on 6/4 and 6/5. The hotel is nice but the same cannot be said about the front desk staff. The staff was not professional and lack of customer service training.

First I did not receive a final bill on the day of checking out, like Marriott usually dropping off under your door. I had to wait in a long line to get a bill.

Second, couple days later they charged an extra day parking that was not in the final day and I had to call the hotel. The staff was cold said to me that he could not trust my words. I had to call the accounting department and again the staff was cold. Eventually they admitted the mistake and credited me $42 parking.

Third, the hotel did not submit my stays to credit my Marriott membership although the membership card is on my reservation and the bill. I had to file a missing stay report with member services.

I definitely will not return or recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Lisa B
anna l, Sr. Admin Assistant at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Good afternoon Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Los Angeles. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and share your experiences with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you had in regards to your bill and Marriott Rewards. This informaiton has been shared with the Leadership Team in the corresponding Departments to ensure proper training is reinforced. We do hope to welcome you back in the future, and show a different side of us. Again, thank you for your honest feedback as it helps us improve our services to our guests.

JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I usually dont stay at a Marriott in Australia but going to LA for a conference in down town LA this was the best option.

So i stayed in a junior suite.

I must say right from the start this hotel was nothing but amazing in terms of customer service.

Check in was very friendly and prompt and the girl that assisted me was very professional and i must say one of the best check in experiences.

Room was great okay i have seen bigger rooms and ect but i could not fault the room.

The concierge i spoke to a Helen there and she was nothing but amazing again , i purchased 5 designer suit so i asked her to get a tailor to come to my room and do all my alterations and she arranged this for me with in 10 minutes and the tailor arrived with in 60 minutes and did a amazing job, i gave him a $50 tip and he had it back to me with in 3 hours.

The restaurant down stairs there was two waiters there that looked after me , again they where amazing , amazing service and friendly all the way.

Bell boy Adam again amazing just very professional and prompt and friendly.

Room service i had every day , okay the menu could be better as its very small but this is a business hotel so i guess it was okay, i spoke to a guy by the name of Asam and told him how i had tried everything in the menu and wanted something different, this guy was so good he made recommendations that where not even on the menu and it was perfect.

Only thing i regret is not meeting the whole team personally to say thank you.

I have stayed in Hotels that totally have the most amazing rooms and okay this was not the same in terms of my room but hey i was paying $450 a night not 2k a night so for $450 it was great but i must say Marriott down town in terms of customer service AMAZING , for me till now nothing comes close to it so i highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in down town LA.

Room Tip: Go for junior suite Level 17 plus
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam B
Reviewed 27 June 2014

You pay for what you get and the JW does not under deliver, not one bit. The rooms are super spacious and nice with pristine modern touches, plus you can't beat the downtown location, if you are checking out LA Live.

The only reason I gave this place 4 stars not 5 is that they don't offer free internet, given the cost of the room and it being 2014 I think complimentary internet access in the rooms should be a given.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Umar M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great hotel, best service and fantastic location for its purpose, many restaurants and bars around, though not much to do besides attending the conference you are in, so if not on a business trip I rather be at the beach.
If you travel for a big conference to be held at the hotel, do so in advance, it gets booked up quickly. Keep in mind that the hotel gets very crowded during those conferences, and there are long queues for the elevators.

Room Tip: If you travel for a big conference to be held at the hotel, do so in advance, it gets booked up quic...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LuisCla
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Accompanied my wife on a business trip at LA Convention center so we stayed at the Marriott. Beautiful hotel, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable room at reasonable price. Only regret is we didnt eat or drink at hotel since our days were filled w/ other obligations. Right in the heart of downtown scene. Would certainly stay again. Hotel is designed well and when you walk out the back you are right in LA Live.

Room Tip: we were in room 550 that had a view of the pool. More than adequate. Was a basic room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business