“Great way to end a trip”

JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
Ranked #22 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Great way to end a trip”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Well I have to say if this place isn't the best!! We so enjoyed all the amenities...the girls couldn't get over the cool scented towels in the gym after their work out. The location offers everyone the chance to enjoy the best of downtown LA and the Staples Center and live TV and screens everywhere makes you feel like you are in Vegas. Fun for boys and girls, men and women. Great food, fun night life and a hotel full of a gracious staff ready to please!!!!

Room Tip: Get a view of the Staples Center
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent a night at this hotel before moving on to Woodland hills for a wedding. I have no complaints about this hotel. The Staff were very helpful and accommodating, and the concierge Joy was incredibly helpful. The rooms were spacious, well decorated and clean. The pool was very nice and well maintained. Great location with plenty a large variety of delicious restaurants around.

Only complaint was I waited outside for an Uber car for about 5 minutes and in that time frame I was approached by two separate individuals asking for food or money. Not a big a deal but I guess it could be scary to some people.

Would absolutely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The JW Marriott at LA Live is a full-service conference hotel. It's conveniently located in downtown LA, particularly for folks going to the LA Convention Center or the Staples Center. The rooms are large and have all the amenities you'd expect from a higher-end property like this one. My only real complaint relates to the food options. While the LA Market restaurant in the hotel features nice food, it is *extremely* pricey, even by the higher standards of a more expensive hotel. While my expenses were covered by my group for the duration of my stay, I decided not to eat at the hotel for most of my stay and sought out other options in the LA Live complex, especially for breakfast.

I can definitely recommend the hotel, but visitors should scope out dining options in the downtown LA area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014

You cannot beat the location of the JW Marriott at L:A Live. You are in the heart of LA Live. Everything is outside your door. The lounges serve great drinks and very original, fresh food. There is an Illy Coffee in the lobby with fresh pastries and baked goods. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are large and deluxe. I really enjoyed the coffee and tea that was provided in the room. Not only did you get a local, organic coffee but there was real cream, not powdered coffee whitener, and biscotti with it every day. I enjoy getting up to a cup of coffee before heading out in the morning. And, I like a cup of tea before bed. It was a very nice touch.

The staff was always helpful and friendly and went out of their way to meet our needs. I would strongly recommend the JW Marriott LA Live.

Room Tip: The rooms were totally silent. Combined with the amazing bed and linens, they were nine of the best...
Green Features: You could opt out of daily linen and towel changes.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LHS329
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

From the moment we drove in from valet to valet exit everything went well. The front desk clerk was informative as well as the server and "bell hop" was extremely polite. The room was clean and comfy and the temperature was great without all the noise from the A/C. Perfect for the price since everyone that we checked with was full.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tsunami68
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lovely hotel! Excellent customer service across the board, from front desk staff (who showed me the "JW way" to open my package when I didn't have scissors, to the concierge desk who offered fabulous advice on nearby dining choices, and went above and beyond by actually going to a neighborhood market for me to get the distilled water I need for my CPAP machine, THEN WOULD NOT KEEP THE CHANGE, saying it was too much....I practically had to force a $10 on him as a tip--WOW!!
Guest rooms are very clean and spacious and bed was very comfortable.
Though I understand the security protocol of having to insert one's room key in the elevator to make it go up, I gotta say it took me a few days to make a habit of having my key card out and ready and thought it was a real PITA...
The hotel is in the LA Live area, next to Nokia plaza, the Staples Center, LACC, and some theaters. There are a handful of restaurants very close by...my fave was Rosa Mexicano (which I now know is a chain), but for breakfast, I'd recommend the pulled pork hash at the Farm.
As my title says, my stay was for work, and I was very pleased, BUT, I admit I'd need to look into comparison shopping if I return to LA...the group rate was $229/night PLUS taxes and fees PLUS $12.95 plus tax for WiFi....

Room Tip: I was on 20th floor...I asked for a view...I got a view of freeways--and smog. Think I would have ra...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Betsey G
uvalde
Reviewed 22 July 2014

rooms are nice and big.... different. the bed as usual is very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay here, service was very good.
over $40 to park your car. there are cheaper options just look on the los angeles city parking website.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
anna l, Sr. Admin Assistant at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay here, and that we provided you with great service. We apologize for the inconvenience in regards to the parking rate as we understand city parking can be expensive. We appreciate your business and hope you will continue to use our facility when in Los Angeles.