“Great hotel, beautiful setting.”
Review of Hotel Bel-Air

Hotel Bel-Air
Ranked #1 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 31 August 2012

If you want to stay in a jumping, action filled hotel in the middle of Beverly Hills, this is NOT for you. If you want an elegant, fantastic, quiet hotel with great service in the middle of beautiful Bel Air, this is the spot. Nobody will be bother you. The service is excellent. The rooms are nicely sized. The food is excellent. They have a good wine cellar too. This is a great place to enjoy one of our favorite spots.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul1009
HBAManager, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Paul1009,

We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful stay at our oasis in the city. Many visitors come to Hotel Bel-Air because we offer a relaxing, calming environment within this bustling city of ours. It truly is a unique experience to stay in an estate-like hotel within an exclusive neighborhood of beautiful homes.

We are also fortunate to have our sister hotel, The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows just down the street if you would like to experience a little more "excitement" by taking the courtesy car for a quick drive down Sunset Boulevard to the Polo Lounge! You can even sign to your bill at Hotel Bel-Air. Or just stay in, order room service and cuddle up by the fire.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and thanks again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I dont know, maybe Im just spoiled. I have been lucky enough to stay in some of the worlds finest hotels (see my other reviews) but i cant rave about the Bel Air, yes the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are superb, bathrooms outstanding, the grounds immaculate and the staff very friendly , just in my experience not quite 100%. We had a few issues which were annoying but dealt with with genuine concern by the management. I am not sure who the hotel wants to attract, is it the past residents who there appeared to be plenty staying there or the younger person ? The hotel is very quiet and doesnt really have a vibe , thats cool if thats what you want. I cant say service was the best ever, having just come from Las Ventanas in Mexico where i was embarrased by the service standards i would say here its good not outstanding.
The pool area although very pretty, doesnt have enough beds, and busy periods you have to go on a wait list for beds(which are not being used anyway !) the sun is gone by 5pm.
I think the hotel is wonderful for the older guest, who wants a quiet luxury stay in a charming location just off the track.

3  Thank Travelking997

Dear Travelking997,

First of all, we would like to thank you for giving us your business and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am concerned to hear of the annoyances you experienced during your recent stay. It is always disappointing that we did not live up to the high expectation we have set for ourselves and the hotel. I would like to assure you that we have been busy addressing and resolving the concerns raised during your stay (we monitor and track all guest comments so we can correct any issues that arise) and I am confident that you will find Hotel Bel-Air has returned to its usual standards when you next visit us.

We hope to see you back at Hotel Bel-Air within the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Forget the gizmos, gadgets, plunge pools in suites the service this is just the best hotel in America. We had a couple of problems which were completely out of the hotels control (including a roof leak !) but the hotel bent over backwards to treat us like royalty.

Frankly I could just go there for their bakery baskets for breakfast they are better than most French hotels. Do not bother ordering anything else off the menu, teh breads alone will fill you up.

The only two things I would change are the concierge who really did not have the in depth local knowledge and relationships I would expect at a hotel of this standard although I have found very few amazing concierges outside Europe. I ended up doing everything on-line and getting better seats for less etc. In the end we didn't go out too much because we had to put some effort into it and it was much more fun staying in.

The pool area could just do with catching up with the hip feel of the rest of the hotel which is both contemporary and elegant at the same time. We were worried our kids might be a bit out of place but the hotel is very relaxed and we didn't feel awkward about them being there as can sometimes happen in hotels. We were a little worried about the location being a bit far out but found it was very accesible.

I would ALWAYS stay here if in LA, it was just so relaxing. This is a brilliant hotel. STAY HERE and don't go out !

1  Thank M L
HBAManager, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear M L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and it is an honor that you consider Hotel Bel-Air the best hotel you have ever stayed at. The bread baskets at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air were just named Best in LA by Los Angeles Magazine, I am glad you enjoyed them!

I want to also thank you for providing feedback on our concierge team and the pool area, as it is by means of such feedback that we are able to improve the standards of service we offer our guests here at Hotel Bel-Air.

I am glad you will be back to visit us, see you soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We loved our stay at Hotel Bel-Air this month and were reluctant to leave. Our room, although not the hotel's largest, was very luxurious. It was consistently spotless - housekeeping did an amazing job. Our room was generous in size and modern, but with character and charm.
We enjoyed the convenience of the in-room Ipad as well as the other technology in the room, which was easy to use. The food at the hotel was also very good. Service was generally great, with a few exceptions (the front desk did forget, or neglect to, follow through on several arrangements and the vallets sometimes came off as less-than-professional). Our favorite thing about the hotel, though, was its lovely grounds - especially the swan lake. We made sure to visit the swans every day. We'd love to return to Hotel Bel-Air sometime soon, hopefully for a longer stay and in a larger room. Overall, we enjoyed a lovely stay at this beautiful, iconic hotel. We look forward to returning and/or staying at other Dorechester Collection properties.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
HBAManager, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear SushiLvr,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased to hear you loved your stay and were able to take advantage of the in-room IPads. I am sorry to hear that you experienced several lapses in the service provided to you. I would like to assure you that I have addressed these issues and I am confident that you will find Hotel Bel-Air has returned to its usual standards when you next visit us.

I am glad you enjoyed the grounds as much as we do, the gardens are what make Hotel Bel-Air so special and truly set us apart from our competition. I am thrilled you will be returning, and hope it will be soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and 4 yr old girl stayed this past weekend and our experience far exceeded our expectations. The only issue was a small wait that occurred during check-in and the hotel sent us a handwritten note along with a bottle of wine and some cookies to apologize for the minor inconvenience. The spa was great and went out of their way to fit in a pedicure for my wife even after they were closed. They fit me in for a massage with little notice. They let my little girl have tea service with 15 minutes notice even though they normally require 24-hours notice. The grounds are beautiful and the setting is serene in a bustling city. The food was also very good, and this comes from someone who lived in New Orleans for five years. The technology in the rooms is state-of-the-art. In short, this hotel made sure we were happy when other hotels would have made excuses. We will be staying here again. And at about $600 a night (in reality this is more like $1000 when you add in taxes, valet and food, etc.) it was actually quite a deal compared with some of the other SoCal resorts. We certainly didn't mind paying the bill.

I have left only four stars under sleep quality instead of five. Throughout the night, I did hear what sounds like luggage carts or towel carts (something with wheels) rolling past the room. It wasn't a big deal but it happened a few times each night.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
HBAManager, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear supersnivs,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided to you. I will share your review with our team at morning line up today because they will be pleased to see their hard work made such a difference in your stay.

Thank you for providing feedback on the noise you experienced during your stay. I would like to personally assure you that we have discussed this at length with our housekeeping department and the sound of the carts will not be an issue during your next stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2012

One word to describe the hotel and grounds - beautiful! Stayed in a suite with private patio/courtyard. The room was perfect. Gorgeous bathroom -heated toilets that were amazing. The treats they left for us were such a nice touch. Even had a nice chat with Wolfgang Puck while admiring a room being readied for an event. (He was extremely friendly and actually stopped to say hello!) A truly lovely hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
HBAManager, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear homefree,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Wolfgang is truly a remarkable person, we are glad you were able to meet him.

Please come visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

We arrived for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel manager sent champagne and fruit to welcome us. First class. We ate at the Wolf Gang Puck here it was Excellant. I rated this 4 stars instead of 5 only because the first night we got back to room at 9 and were told a roll away bed would be there with turn down service. There was zero done. The 2nd night turn down happened at 7 as we requested so if they mess up they learn and improve. I like that and we will be back here.

• Stayed: July 2012
HBAManager, Director of Marketing at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Tommy L,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air. However, I am extremely concerned to hear of the inconsistencies you encountered with turn down service. Please rest assured that I will speak to all relevant departments and ensure no such issues arise again.

Once again, please accept my apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bel-Air in the hopefully not too distant future.

Best,

The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#12 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Hotel Bel-Air? Share your experiences!