“True Beauty”
Review of Hotel Bel-Air

Hotel Bel-Air
Ranked #1 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Very calm, beautifully designed, carefully managed. It is quiet by the pool- very elegant....quiet in the room- very tranquil. It is a hotel that does not seem to have "crowds"..... its very calm and soothing. I like this hotel much more than the better addressed Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows. (But, my Singapore friends prefer the BHH&B.)
I am sure it is subjective - your mood that day, the person checking you in/ escorting you to your room, instructing you on the personal iPad, etc.....but I just love this hotel. One of my favorites.
Recently redone. Gorgeous room design. Super quiet. Great service. Etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ocean88
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Ocean88,

Hotel Bel-Air is located among 12 acres of gardens in a residential neighborhood creating the ultimate environment for an urban retreat. Even when we are 100% full, our guests would never know. It is truly a unique and beautiful setting.

It is very nice to hear we are your favorite hotel, and we hope you will be back to visit us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bel-Air

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Secluded estate in Bel Air which is as quiet as it gets. No wonder stars stay here to "hide"! The layout is odd, but that's what makes it special. It would be fun to see the interior of every room on the property as I'm sure no two rooms are identical. Wolfgang Puck restaurant was fantastic, yet pricey. Try the lamb shank!!

Had a problem with our room, I complained and assistant manager, Rebecca (sp?), immediately took care of the problem, arranged for a new suite, no questions asked, and re-welcomed us with plates of treats and a very nice message. Customer service here is 5 star for sure.

Stayed with two younger teenagers and they loved it too. The cozy outside fireplace is a great place to have a cigar! The lobby is cozy, with excellent updated interior design. Would stay there again in an instant!

3  Thank DietandCoco

Dear DietandCoco,

Thank you for your recent review. Since Hotel Bel-Air was originally a private Spanish estate it has many different unique qualities as a hotel. Every room in the hotel does have a one of a kind layout, which we find our guests love because they have endless options and many try different room categories so they can determine their favorite for their next visit. On your next visit I encourage you to try some other options.

I am pleased to hear your entire family enjoyed the Hotel Bel-Air experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Spent Spring Break in Los Angeles. Did a lot of research to try to decide between BHH and HBA. So glad we chose HBA. We were traveling with our two kids ages 13 and 8, a babysitter and our toy poodle. We got room 177 which was perfect for us with two bedrooms, two and half baths and a large living room with pull out couch. Only downside was it had very little light and no views. However it was great to have the square footage and have all of us under one roof. Where do I start? We pulled up and my 8 year old decided to pump the theme of the "Prince of Bel-AIr" from his IPod when we arrived at the valet. They valet were very sweet, laughed and I knew were at the right place. Overall all of the staff was very attentive yet never arrogant. Gwen our tireless Concierge hugged me as she and I had gone back and forth on so many activities. She was superb. Coming from a cold and wet New York the gardens were incredible. Flowers everywhere and we never tired of walking the grounds. The pool was fabulous, good service and no scene. Tolerant of children but not loud either. We ate often at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant as the food was outstanding and the service was also accomodating. Overall the hotel is very elegant, chic and reminds you of Old Hollywood. Also after two days at Unversal Studios and Disneyland we were oh so happy to return to the quiet sanctuary of the Bel-Air. Absolutely perfect. Have the Monroe if you are over 21 and the Peach Smash if under 21.

Room Tip: Get a room with a patio if possible.
2  Thank rdkflk
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear rdkflk,

I am pleased your family decided to stay at Hotel Bel-Air on your recent Spring Break in Los Angeles. It is great to hear you enjoyed staying in our Two Bedroom Bel-Air Suite and that our staff provided you with attentive service throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind note to Gwen, she will be happy she put a special touch on your stay.

Monroe’s Passion is a great recommendation! It is our signature cocktail and pays homage to our former resident, Marilyn Monroe. We truly enjoyed having your family stay with us and hope to see you back this summer!

Reviewed 29 March 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for something in close proximity to both the coast (Santa Monica, hiking, beaches, etc.), and the more happening areas (Beverly Hills and West Hollywood). We also wanted a hotel that could serve as a sort of sanctuary when we just wanted to kick back and relax. The Hotel Bel-Air was all of that and more.
Tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood, the 12 acre property was precisely what we were looking for. The layout of the hotel invites you to explore the perfectly manicured grounds. The pool was reminiscent of a private club, as opposed to the sceney pools of other hotels (i.e. the beverly hills peninsula).
I can't speak to the experience of others, but the staff was extremely attentive and accommodating. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Bel-Air Suite. I highly recommend the room; totally decked out technologically, stylish decor, fireplace, private patio, great bathroom. The staff , from the valets to the room service, were polite and engaging. Everyone had thoughtful suggestions for things to do during our stay in LA, and were prompt in attending to our needs.
As someone who is well travelled and used to the high standards of world class hotels, it is rare that I consider returning to a location I've visited, with all there is to see in the world, but I would come back just for this hotel.
I only have one complaint; it was silly of me to only book a three night stay. Next time, I won't make that mistake.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank David F

Dear David F,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Bel-Air on your recent visit to Los Angeles. The location of the hotel is really one of our greatest attributes – we are right down the street from Beverly Hills but the lush greenery and idyllic setting of the hotel makes you feel as if you could be anywhere in the world.

Wow, it is very nice to hear you would come back to visit Los Angeles just to stay at Hotel Bel-Air! I am sorry to hear you only stayed with us for three nights, we too feel like you should stay with us longer next time! We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

The property is stunning - think acres of fragrant gardens, ponds complete with swans, and low-rise Spanish style accommodation. The service is warm, friendly and efficient. Decor in our room was very chic and luxurious. French doors opened to a sheltered patio. The bathroom was large, beautifully tiled and marbled, and the products amply provided and of good quality. All the room controls such as lighting and heat/a/c were at your fingertips by the bed. Our sofa not only looked good with lots of large cushions, but was super comfy too.

We would definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: Our room was on the other side of the pool so it was nice and quiet. We also got afternoon sun whic...
1  Thank Jane H
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Jane H,

Your description of Hotel Bel-Air is so lovely, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us in such a personal way.

See you next time!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

The renovations have been done thoughtfully, and now combines the
best of the past with cutting edge techs.
Great bar area with outdoor couches and heat lamps and fine restaurant.
Rooms in new section are private, some with plunge pool and outdoor fireplace.
If you are in area for a couple of nights - this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter B

Dear Peter B,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations! Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope you will be back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I'm pretty sure I will go back to this hotel. It's a beautiful property and it has a lovely spa. In terms of decor, it was one of the most thoughtful and nicely decorated rooms I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was amazing. When I had room service, it was fast and again the food was amazing. There were a few things that didn't go perfectly.

The first was check-in. The previous guest didn't check out in time and my room was ready until about 3:30. This does happen but the front desk could have done a better job keeping me informed (I waited about 45 minutes) and didn't seem to be concerned that it way past normal check in time. The other thing that wasn't great was ventilation in the room isn't strong enough to counter when the previous guest uses the fireplace in the room. When I walked in the 1st time, it was so smoky. The smell was so strong that I had to dry clean all the clothes in my suitcase once I got home. Again, I will most likely go back again...but perhaps in Sept when people might not use the fireplace.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JSPrima
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear JSPrima,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased you enjoyed the spa, room décor and food during your stay. Please contact me directly when you are making your next reservation and I will personally supervise your booking arrangements to ensure extra special recognition is given to you and that you are happy with your accommodation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bel-Air.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Hotel Bel-Air? Share your experiences!