“Best renovation”

Ranked #1 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York City, New York
“Best renovation”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We hadn't been to the Bel Air since they had remodeled and were worried it would lose it's charm. What a pleasant surprise - they've updated it without losing a bit of the character that's always made it the Bel-Air.

The location and the vegetation on the property make you feel like you're on vacation, even when it's a business trip. You'll find the staff very well-trained and willing to be helpful, the pool a refreshing stop and the gym and spa delightful.

Our only complaint is that the electronics in the room are a bit over-thought. A simple switch to turn lights on and off might be more efficient than the high tech solution they've devised.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Stephan C
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Stephan C,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed "what we've done with the place!" We felt a tremendous responsibility to maintain the hotel’s beloved originality and iconic design elements. Our setting and location is truly unique as we are situated right in the middle of Los Angeles but we are located on 12 acres of lush gardens. It really sets the stage of the ultimate urban retreat. I am glad you appreciate our very special location.

I do apologize for the fact that you had some difficulties with the technology. On your next visit, I kindly ask that you let the front desk agent know you would appreciate a little more familiarization with the technology and we will be sure to make this happen. Our staff is well trained on all aspects of our guestroom technology, and they are here to make it a benefit (vs. a burden) for you.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Denise Flanders

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a great place to escape LA. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I felt my blood pressure go down. (The ramps for the 405 freeway were under construction during our stay, and going anywhere on the 405 was painful.) Our room was not quite ready when we arrived, and we were provided a complimentary drink in the bar. Before we had finished the drink, our room was ready. We were upgraded to a balcony room. It had a fireplace, which we will need to come back in the winter to try. You can control most of the room functions from an iPad. Some of the furniture fabric had an indoor/outdoor quality to it, and the color scheme was gray except for an accent wall by the entry, which I think was green. I'm sure a designer put a lot of effort into the room, and I probably have little fashion sense. Nonetheless, my wife and I loved the Bel-Air. The staff is terrific. Their restaurant was excellent for all meals; the hamburger at lunch was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Bill H
Dear Bronco1Bill,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am thrilled to hear our garden oasis provided you with an escape from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. I am glad you enjoyed your room and happy you took advantage of the iPad in the guestroom.

We hope to welcome you and your wife back to the hotel this winter season... we'll have the fireplace waiting for you!

Firenze
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I was not sure about Bel Air, the location is fine, but a little bit too isolated from the cool places of LA.
In the middle of a great residencial area, the hotel is like an oasis of calm and peace.
As soon as you enter in the lobby, you breath the essence of the place: discretion, attention, silence.
This is a real lux!
Excellent service, nice people, good food, amazing la prairie spa, what can you ask more?
Good linen, good beds, good amenities, really flawless, love it!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank mgiornet
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear ROTCHKO,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We like to say that in many ways, we are so close to all... yet so far. The hotel really is transporting. I am thrilled you enjoyed everything, and hope you will be back to visit us again.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Well, it took me 2 months to find the time to write this review after our summer stay at the HBA (7 nights), but here it is:
all employees, from the moment you arrive at the airport and are greeted by your chauffeur, to the front desk, concierge, luggage, room service, restaurant, spa, boutique, etc., are simply the best in the industry.
The food is world class, the spa was a wonderful moment for my wife, and the property is magnificent.
Thanks to the American Express Platinum program we were upgraded to a suite, and have the best vacation week we had in a few years.

We loved it so much that I just booked our winter vacation at the HBA, where we'll spend a week this next February.

One last mention for Tom, the driver who allowed us to go around the hotel without renting a car. He is extremely nice, courteous, and informative about all things related to L.A. in general, Beverly Hills and Bel Air.

We really can't wait to be back in 4 months!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JB D
Dear JBD485,

We really appreciate you finding the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Bel-Air. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and feel our employees are the best in the industry…they truly are a great time and they consistently make me very proud. Thank you for specifically mentioning Tom. I will be sure to share your feedback with him.

See you soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel bel air is for sure one of the best hotels i have stayed at.

As soon as you step into the hotel you do feel welcome, and with an excellent service from the time you enter till the day you leave.

You get a nice atmosphere, service, and friendly staff and good food.

If i do go to los angeles, i would for sure stay in Bel air hotel, and not any other.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JuJu-Dubai
Dear JuJu-Dubai,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am thrilled you feel the hotel is one of the best hotels you have ever stayed at…that puts a huge smile on my face. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an incredible 3 night stay at HBA. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Julien in reception, we knew we would not be disappointed

I have to admit, I'm rather critical when it comes to fine hotels
The HBA met every expectation and exceeded

Our room was perfect. Closets and storage ideal for a couple
Bathroom spacious and products high end and generously refilled daily

Bed and linens luxurious

Fireplace well stocked and attended to on request

Loved the iPad communications for room service, requests and bookings

The bar staff and offerings are exceptional and world class! Our server Jeanette was a joy and greeted us each time with her amazing smile! And the bartenders equally on point

I cannot remember a more perfect breakfast experience than we experienced each morning in the restaurant. Everything from the servers , the newspapers , the bread and the perfect egg - not to mention the ambience- I feel I am spoiled for life

The pool could use a bit of the upgrade afforded the rest of the property- but location and staff can't be beat!

The only thing on my mind as I left was when can I come back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GeneDC
Dear GeneDC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Bel-Air. It is wonderful to hear how impressed you were with your stay…from the room, to your dining experiences, to the service provided to you. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such detailed commentary. It is most helpful as we strive to maintain the highest quality standards throughout the property.

We love that we set the standard for your future travels... this is always our goal. We look forward to your next visit.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Bel-Air is absolutely delightful. The staff are so attentive and pleasant. We spent weekend there and I have to say it is one of my favourite hotel experiences ever.
Look forward to returning!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul U
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Paul U,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided to you.

We look forward to your return…hopefully it will be soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Garland
#10 of 348 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Central L.A
Magic Castle Hotel
Magic Castle Hotel
#2 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Bel-Air? Share your experiences!