“Another Fabulous Stay at The BelAir”
Review of Hotel Bel-Air

Hotel Bel-Air
Ranked #1 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We live in Southern California and have been going to the Hotel BelAir for 16 years. It is a opportunity for us to get away and feel we are 6000 miles from home yet only driving 60 miles. The property is tucked into a residential location and once you arrive the stress level goes to zero. The staff is well trained, anticipates your every desire and cannot do enough to help. We have eaten at the restaurant which is truly magnificent but another benefit is proximity to other fabulous locations that are only 10-15 minutes by car. We will continue to frequent several times a year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear bcarpou,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Reading that you have been visiting Hotel Bel-Air for the past 16 years and will continue to do so puts a huge smile on my face. I am delighted to know that you consider us an oasis of tranquility, surrounded by beautiful grounds and five star service… all within minutes of the buzzing places.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Warmest Regards,
General Manger

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed here during Christmas 2013 with my husband, toddler and dog, and we were all well taken care of. We have been several times to the property to dine, but this was our first time staying and we wished we could have stayed longer (except we probably couldn't afford the $1,000/night price tag!).

Pros:
- beautifully designed room with high-quality materials and furnishings
- pretty spacious interiors and patio
- pet-friendly
- impeccable service

Cons:
- the ipad in our room wasn't functioning properly
- price (but I guess you get what you pay for!)

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at and would not hesitate to recommend or stay there again. Great for couples, families and pet-parents!

Room Tip: Our room (#163) was quite spacious!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review on your stay with us in December 2013. It is great to know that after several times dining at Wolfgang Puck restaurant, you decided to stay with us overnight at such a magical time of the year. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your holiday visit ...from the décor of the hotel and your room, to the ‘impeccable service’ provided by our team members. I am however sorry to know that you encountered issues with the iPads in the room. Although it is quite after the fact, I apologize for this inconvenience. But please know that this feedback is greatly appreciated as it will allow us to look into how we may improve.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Bel Air is such a wonderful place it's hard to know where to begin. The setting is so secluded and romantic you will be in disbelief that you are in the middle of a busy urban setting. Greeted by the friendly valets who will whisk away your vehicle, stroll the bridge over the Swan Lake and enter paradise. While the setting itself is beyond dreamy, for us what really made the stay memorable was the incredible staff who to a one friendly, professional and helpful. Everyone from housekeeping and groundskeepers to the front desk and valets were just superb and never failed to greet us as we ambled the property.

We were upgraded to a Bel Air Suite with Patio which was large and beautiful with its own gas fireplace and lovely outdoor seating. I had requested extra feather pillows and they were there upon arrival and wonderfully plush as was all of the bedding. Our stay was celebrating our five year wedding anniversary and the staff noted this with fresh flower petals in the shape of a heart on our bed. Right out of a movie - perfect for LA!

The pool is justly famous and a great place to wile the day away. The attendants will make sure you want for nothing, even bringing around complimentary snacks throughout the afternoon.

We partook of room service several times and the food was great. Very generous in terms of quantity and certainly more ambitious than most food programs at hotels. Of course, with Wolfgang Puck at the helm I'm not surprised.

This is not for a budget conscious vacation, but if you are looking for a memorable way to spoil yourself and someone dear to you I can't recommend the Hotel Bel Air enough.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank phalex12
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear phalex12,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our secluded location. With our lush gardens, Swan Lake, foot bridges and stone pathways, we too believe the hotel's location can best be described as "enchanting. " And it's all within minutes from busy Los Angeles as you know.

I am so pleased you were able to relax by the pool and enjoy an in-room dining experience. It's also great to know that you appreciated your Bel-Air suite and its sounds as if the extra touches we provided you with made your anniversary celebration that much more special. This was our goal, and congratulations to you both. But perhaps what means the most to me is to know that you felt so well cared for by our very special team of service professionals. They truly are the heart and soul of the hotel.

We very much appreciate you recommending Hotel Bel-Air ... there is no greater compliment. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity to be of service to you again and welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Despite staying just one night we enjoyed the incredible quality of service, which one can no longer find in most luxury hotels. The environment in which the hotel is situated made our stay even more enjoyable and found we could easily relax within the hotel area and in very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aurelie B
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Aurelie B,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us … from the service, to the atmosphere, to the rooms. We hope to welcome you back (for more than just one night!) in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I checked in after a night at the BHH. As I said in that review, BHH is about as perfect as it can get. HBA is more "about as perfect as it can get" I love how the property is tucked away and most people couldn't tell you how to get there. I love how we felt like the only people there, gosh I love how the pool is ten feet deep. We were in room 269, it was stunning, I'm not a big tech person but I have to admit it was quite cool. Our little wading pool was nice to have and we were impressed (as we were so informed) how it could be cooled or hot tub temperature. Dinner at WP, again it was great. The next morning we had breakfast on our veranda overlooking the canyon and then sadly had to leave.

If you are in LA this is a must. In my BHH review I mentioned The Carlyle in New York as I have a long history of staying there and drinking there while I lived in NY. When there I feel as though it is another home, I can see this joining the list and cannot wait to come back, I will use any excuse to travel to LA to do so from this point forward. Thank you to the staff who went heads and tails above professionalism and civility. Amazing, I've stayed in a lot of hotels that are considered top tier and this place is the best.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John K
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear John K,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Bel-Air. 269 is one of my favorite rooms, and the retractable walls and large outdoor terrace is second to none. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us (and also at our sister hotel!). We are so fortunate to offer two distinct properties, each with their own unique features, just ten minutes away from one another. And as a guest of either hotel, you have signing privileges at the "other" hotel you are not staying at. So just take the complimentary house car to and from each hotel and be sure to take advantage of this next time you stay with us in LA so you can get a little bit of both experiences.

We very much appreciate you recommending Hotel Bel-Air ... there is no greater compliment. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team here. We look forward to welcoming you back (any excuse is a good excuse!).

Reviewed 9 August 2014

From whoa to go, this hotel is a national treasure. Reception and concierge were so delightful it is hard to think of anywhere that could accomplish so much genuine good feeling in such a short space of time. Truly warm, professional and kind service. Yes, you would expect it, but the reality is so much better.

The hotel itself is grand but understated and iconic. The rooms are so beautiful and well appointed. The shower perfect, the linen and bedding so magical that I don't remember sleeping - but woke up and didn't want to leave...

The restaurant was gorgeous. Again, understated food, good produce, a great wine selection, friendly and attentive service, and the most perfect fried chicken and strawberry shortcake in the world!

Nothing was a bother, everything was tranquil and well ordered. I am coming back because I didn't want to leave. A true credit to the city that understands quality lodgings and how to make people feel special! Thank you so much Hotel Bel-Air!

Room Tip: We were upgraded on arrival - but any of the suites with a patio would be perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Madcooki

Dear Madcooki,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed everything about your stay … from the service, to the rooms to the restaurant. We too find our beloved hotel to offer one of the most unique settings in Los Angeles and it's wonderful to know that you were made to feel so well cared for.

We are thrilled you will be back and hope it will be soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great property with lots of history. It's not so easy to get to, but that's actually the point. If you want a quiet place that's out of the hustle and bustle of the noisy Los Angeles streets, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Celebrity_Concierge

Dear Celebrity_Concierge,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our unique location. We are situated right in the middle of Los Angeles but we are located on 12 acres of lush gardens. Truly "so close yet so far" from it all. It really sets the stage of the ultimate urban retreat.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
#13 of 355 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Magic Castle Hotel
Magic Castle Hotel
#2 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Hotel Bel-Air? Share your experiences!