“NOT GOOD”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I picked this restaurant just because it was one of the dolce group, and I have been to DOLCE on melrose ( which now is closed i heard). Btw at DOLCE i had a couple of great dinners, with friends and for business.

service at dolce use to be AMAZING

my expectation was probably to HIGH...but the final result was a disaster.

Food was not as the same level as it use to be at DOLCE and staff was also really far from at least pretend they care!!

POOR

Reviewed 25 March 2011

Boogie you are the BEST. Your restaurant rocks. Not just good food, great food. ;)

Reviewed 17 September 2010

Ate here in early summer and had a good experience. They have a diverse menu, and the location/view on Sunset is supurb. It has a very unique environment. However this 2nd time, I was sorely disappointed enough that there will not be a 3rd time ever.

After waiting downstairs for someone to greet me at the entrance for way too long, I was asked if I was with the previous guest that had been led up to the restaurant. I said not, and they host and hostess seemed shocked. A hostess who was just clocking in said she would show me to a table, and I was whisked upstairs. I was dining alone. At that time, I sat for a moment before a very attentive server assistant came and gave me water and bread--I love the corn muffins and pretzel breads that are served. Then, after reviewing the menu for several minutes I realized that I had not seen a server yet. I sat. I sat, I sat I sat. I was one of 8 tables filled in the restaurant as I saw others getting service. Knowin what the answer would be, I asked the server assistant if he was my server. He said he was not, apologized, and got the server. A blond woman suddenly appeared "hi there"...no apology, no nothing. She asked if I wanted a drink, and I ordered an Amstel Light and told her I was ready to order as well....the short ribs. A few minutes later the beer was brought--no glass provided, and none offered. So, rather than chaise down the server, who I end up not seeing for about 10-15 minutes while I waited for my food, I grabbed a glass off the table next to mine. Another server brought the ribs--very average, and somewhat bland. Came with some delicious mac and cheese. She came by and said "it's good, right"? Interesting. It was not worth telling how I felt. She asked me if I wanted another beer when i still had half my glass filled--I said I would, expecting I probably wouldn't see her for awhile. As I guessed, I did not see her for about 20-25 minutes. The server assistant, a guy with a beard, was very nice and attentive. The server was horrendous. I got the check from her and got the heck out of there.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

We took our children aged 6 and 9 to this restaurant and we all had a fabulous experience. The staff were very friendly, the food was great and the desserts were amazing! It was fun trying the different 'ketchups' on offer to try with your fries. There is valet parking but we managed to park on the street easily.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

Food was good. Service was excellent. Prices are steep and the wines satrt at teb bucks a glass for about a quarter full. Make sure you drink elsewhere first!