Few reasons we stayed at this hotel because it was about 1.5 miles from Anime-Expo and it was own by Hyatt. I'll make this review concise:
(+) = beautiful, modern lobby.
- Our room had mini-fridge,
- 2 queen size beds with comfy pillows (if it weren't for Anime-Expo, I'd sleep longer because it was so comfy),
- small safe,
- chair with ottoman,
- modern decor room and bathroom (separate shower & bath tub),
- moderate size closet space with hangers, ergonomic chair with convertible glass desk (ones you see on their website, although we didn't pull it out).
- Our room smells clean throughout, bathroom cleaned thoroughly.
--- AND, thumbs up to all the staff members we met - they were professional and courteous:
- the friendly front desk quickly check us out;
- the house keeping was kind enough to give us plenty of towels;
- Mr. Ed (the bell-hop) was so nice to give us maps and directions;
- the staff from the hotel's restaurant was so sweet to give us real plates & utensils (rather than plastic plates, forks, knives) when we ordered breakfast to go (we ate at our room) --- now, that's what I call excellent service!
(-) = TV channels were so-so (1 - HBO channel, Adult-Swim, several local channels.
- The vending machine next to the ice machine ate my 60 cents - I did not get my bottle water. Machine must have been broken?
- Even though Anime-Expo is on the same street (Figueroa) as this hotel, you simply can not stay on Figueroa to get to Anime-Expo because this hotel sits on a one-way section of Figueroa.
- There's no self-parking, you have to valet ($35/night) with in-out privileges and pay directly to the valet (not the hotel) - there's a public parking across the street for 1/2 the price, but without the in-out privileges.
- Starbucks, Denny's, McDonald's within 2-3 blocks on the same-side of the street as the hotel (McDonald's closed on weekends; Denny's opens @ 9a; Starbucks often over-crowded).
I rated the value "average" because it was a bit pricey on my end since I'm on a budget considering the other expenses - Anime-Expo, dining, etc...
Otherwise, we really love the room we got and appreciated the attentiveness the staff members provided - Thank You!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the financial district of downtown Los Angeles. 400 Guest rooms and 69 suites are among the most comfortable and spacious in the downtown area. The L.A. Hotel Downtown offers a beautiful outdoor heated pool, a restaurant and one lounge. Close proximity to many attractions including Staples Center, LA Convention Center, L.A. Live, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Cathedral, Dodger Stadium, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Universal Studios and Disneyland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The L.A. Hotel Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Marriott