Orbit Hotel and Hostel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$164
  • Pool
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$215
US$132
US$119
US$462
US$450
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$320
US$245
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$136
  • Restaurant
US$174
US$138
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Ok, so this is a bit of a strange review. We only stayed one night, arrived at the hostel on a Friday and it was awesome. That night there was a free keg, lots of cool people, good, cheap food and just a really good atmosphere. Unfortunately me and my friends had some money stolen by a guy in our room. But this was our own fault for not keeping all our stuff in the lockers and being too trusting. Can't recommend the hostel more though, would definitely go back, really awesome location as well, you can walk to sunset blvd for a night out! All I can say about the mugging is be careful with your stuff no matter where you stay.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Worst bed I have ever slept in. Had a private room. The fan did not have a cover over it ... very dangerous. Needs work done on the hotel, Seems dirty.
Breakfast is depressing and the internet never works.
On the other hand it is in a very good spot and they have lots of information and deals on stuff to do around LA.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelling224
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I had an okay time there, but...
1) the place is very run down (although what is there is kept clean). There are also pretty much no cooking facilities.
2)Security was very very bad, as anyone from the street can walk into the hostel, the back door of our room didn't lock at all so basically anyone had access to everything you couldn't cram into the very small lockers provided.
3)The staff were a mixed bunch, some friendly and helpful and others quite rude.
4) There is only an expensive paid wifi connection, but no computers which is very poor compared to ever other hostel I've been too recently.

Bascially the Orbit is one of three hostels in a chain (along with banana bungalow west hollywood and Hollywood) and one of the staff told us that they had made the decision to close the Orbit down, hence no money or effort is being put into the place to modernise it, or make it less of a shambles. Its a shame, but this place is a hostel with great potential just being left to rot.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I really had a great time at Orbit mainly because i loved the location and the guys working there were really cool. Its on Melrose which is a great place itself, i spent a whole day just in the shops and cafes there, its just like the T.V. show and a very trendy area. I think its better then Hollywood Blvd. which seemed kind of cheap and tacky. Orbit was also walking distance to Beverly Hills shopping mall and the grove which had my favorite Abercrombie & Fitch.

My only complaint is that I would have preferred a girls dorm instead of mixed (the girls dorms they had were already full) the guys in my room were kind of strange... But other than that a really big thanks to Chris at the office for all the nightlife advice, especially taking us out on the Sunset Strip! I still have a hangover! ;)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed here for four nights and were very happy with it.

The hostel is in a realy good location on Melrose Avenue, walking distance to shops, restaurants and bars and a short taxi or bus ride to Sunset and Hollywood Boulevards.

The rooms are basic but comfortable and the staff helpful. They organise day trips to the theme parks, city tours and evenings out to the clubs which is fantastic, especially if you are travelling alone as you have a group of ready made friends.

We had a room that faced on to the main road so it was noisy when the window was open but the whole place is air conditoned and each room has a fan so not too much of a problem.

They provide free parking too, behind the hotel in an underground car park which was perfect for us as we had a hire car.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple