“Hidden Gem”

Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Coventry, England
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We visited the Hunan Cafe as we were staying in a nearby apartment. The cafe is like a typical takeaway but with about 20 spaces to eat in. We received a friendly welcome, the food came quickly and was very well presented, there was lots of it and it tasted superb. The phone never stopped whilst we were there, lots of take aways being delivered and collected. This restaurant comes highly recommended!

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST CHINESE FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I like that the owners remember exactly what you ate and liked the last time you dine there. That's so impressive. They even remember what beverage you drank. It's small, only a few tables but the food is amazing! Try the asparagus with chicken!

Visited December 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best chinese food i've had in the U.S! I will def. be craving it soon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2008

best chinese food i've had in the U.S! I will def. be craving it soon!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Outstanding Chinese Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2005

We stumbled across this small, hole-in-the wall restaurant after leaving the Virgin Megastore located next door. It's run by a husband and wife team that used to have a large restaurant in New York. In a word - Outstanding. It's all about the food. I've eaten in my fair share of Chinese restaurants around the U.S. and this was the best I've ever eaten. It wasn't necessarily fancy, the decor is nothing to write home about, but the food absoulutely rocked! The somewhat elderly husband and wife are a bit quirky but I found it added to the experience. If you're in the neighborhood, do yourself a favor and give it a try. Based on my own experience, I'd fight my way across town in afternoon traffic to get there and satisfy my cravings.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member