“clean, not more”

Budget Inn Hollywood
Ranked #306 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The area is already pretty shady, yet if you're looking for a clean place, somewhat close to where stuff is happening...take it. On a weekend I paid 70+t which is , of course, a rip off. This place is the absolute basic. I only took it because i was running out of options and had a roomsaver coupon that didn't coun't. Book in advance if you go to LA.....lesson learned.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Budget Inn Hollywood

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Expect harassment from management for no reason at all. The foreign couple who runs the inn is rude and has terrible communication. The manager calls me after I check-in and demands payment for additional people staying over even though it was only my wife and I there. For whatever crazy reason, he believes I will throw some massive sleepover party and he wants money for it. After telling him that we’re not having anyone over, he calls again and threatens that he will have security take me to the police station. Later, as expected, the security guy comes a knockin and of course, he finds no other people around.
When the couple felt the need to abruptly end a conversation, the husband would start saying “Money, money, money, money” accompanied by the gimme money hand gesture. When I tried to talk over that annoyance, his wife would jump in chanting the same. Then they would run away from the front desk. It was surreal. I thought I was in an episode of Seinfeld.
The bathroom is tiny. There is literally about 6-8 inches of space between the front of the toilet and the wall/door. So you cannot sit down normally to use it. The manager’s wife also does the cleaning as they are too cheap to hire staff which explains why it’s not clean there.
Bottom line, DO NOT RENT here. I wouldn’t stay for free. It was a horrible experience but I hope I can save others from this mess.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mcmuffin12
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I had booked this hotel for the last few days of our stay in California. Whilst in San Francisco, I rang the hotel to advise that we had some issues with our flight and that we would be checking in on the 7th instead of the 6th. The person who answered the phone did not understand English well and seemed to misunderstand me, and tried to confirm that I would be arriving a day *earlier* instead of later as I had tried to explain. I said no, we are coming the day *after* we are supposed to check in, is that OK? - the person on the other end of the line said "Fine, see you then" and hung up. Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted with abuse because they had been expecting us a day earlier than our check in date. The proprietor of the hotel then started shouting at us that we had rang on the 4th and said we would be arriving on the 5th. We in fact had told them that we had rang on the 5th and advised that we would be arriving on the 7th. The manager then advised that if we wanted to stay there, we would have to pay for the "extra night" that we had "rang and booked on the 4th". I was glad to take my business elsewhere and pay the booking cancellation fee rather than stay there, it looked terrible. We ended up staying at a hostel down the road which was both cleaner and cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2010

The room is what you would expect for the price. A bed and bathroom, fridge is nice! Bathroom is small either use the toilet with the door open, or sit sideways on it. What I hated the most was the unexpected guest! BED BUGS! Had bites up and down both arms!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank GAD9452
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The personnel from the hotel are unprofessional and rude. The bathroom is very small. No airspace when taking a shower. The view from the hotel is a brick wall. You can hear birds(pigeons) squeaking every night. Can't get sleep. The beds are dirty. This is the worst hotel at all. I will never recommend this to anyone

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mmanuel123
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We have been traveling in the USA for a month and this was by far the worse!!! It was not worth $75 at all, it was dirty and smelly. The beds had bugs that bit us alive. The windows were held closed with blocks of wood. There was cigarette burns everywhere. The air-con unit had melted and throwing out gunk all over the carpet which was not removed. A bag in our room disappeared and the owners were extremely rude about the situation. I do not recommend this hotel at all. I wish we had paid out an extra $20 and stayed in the comfort inn across the road.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Worldtravel009
Reviewed 3 January 2009

Don't be fooled by it's address on Sunset Boulevard. It's nothing but trouble. The hotel (if you can call it that) is right off the blvd so anyone on the main street had easy access to your car and hotel rooms (you can walk right from the street to the hallways of the establishment). You will hear noises from the street all night. We got a NON-SMOKING twin double bed to find out that the room was complete with cigarette smoke AND an ash tray. When questioned why it was the case, the hotel staff nicely explained that he could not stop guest from smoking. The bathroom was filthy, no bath tub (even if there was, we would not go in there), just standing showers. The A/C unit looks like it's from the 1970s and it surely produces more dust and dirt than breathable air. Last but not least my boyfriend woke up with BEDBUG BITES all over his body (I was spared, for some reason). It was the worst experience of the trip. We informed the manager and he did nothing about it. Do not stay there. We paid $72 for the night and we wish we had spent more money to make sure this would not happen.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thaiaim