“Great location, awesome staff”

Samesun Venice Beach
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights in April 2014 - would definitely return. The hostel is right on the Venice Beach Boardwalk, can roll out of bed right onto the beach... Nice base to have whilst visiting LA. It's clean, the rooms are of the standard you'd expect for a hostel, and the staff went out of their way to help me and others organise external things - car hire/trips/surf lessons etc

Only thing that could be improved if I was being really picky was breakfast, but its not anywhere near the top of reasons I'd look at picking a hostel for anyway.

Overall a great stay and met some fantastic people on the way

Room Tip: If you can choose, then ask for one with en-suite bathroom
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank oatey88
samesunvenice, General Manager at Samesun Venice Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear that Samesun Venice was your home base while you were in LA. The breakfast has had a new addition, oatmeal, along with the already existing toast, oranges, coffee and tea.

Cheers and safe travels,

-Sara

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room for only 24 hrs and it was a good place to rest our heads before we headed on our flights home. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the rooms and the modern bathroom we had. We also had a really nice view of Venice beach from our window. It's a shame we didnt get to stay longer because they seemed to have well organized social activities for each night of the month that sounded interesting. The location is also perfect, literally 2 steps away from the boardwalk and close to great shops/bars/restaurants. There is also a taxi rank across the road, so we had no trouble getting one to the airport the night we left.The staff at reception were also REALLY helpful in giving us directions on the area and general stuff to do and see and the security was great too. Overall, a good stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bianca O
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at the Samesun in Vancouver and it was awesome so thought we would try out the Venice Beach spot...couldn't be anymore different. Most over priced hostel I've ever stayed in, rude staff, lack of toilets and showers, worst included breakfast I've had in any hostel across America and Canada, and very poor wifi. On the plus rooms were ok and location was pretty good! But for the price paid no where near worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sorry to hear about your experience. For those reading, our breakfast includes toast, oatmeal, fruit, coffee and tea. Although it is not a full bar breakfast, it does provide enough energy to enjoy our daily hosted activities, as well as some self guided ones throughout the city which the staff are always offering. We have recently done additional upgrades to the wifi so the streaming capacity is better too. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the amazing location and beautiful views the hostel had to offer.

Cheers and safe travels.

Sara, General Manager

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a private room which was average. The location of the hostel is great if you want to stay close to the beach and all the fun, and the staff was really nice. Breakfast included, but it finished a little early so we never got to try it. Free wi-fi, but we had to stay in the hallway in order to stay connected..
All in all, a fair stay for a fair price in Venice beach, but nothing spectacular.

Room Tip: We had private bedroom facing the street and expected a lot of noise, especially since it was during...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Camilla I
samesunvenice, General Manager at Samesun Venice Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We recently fixed our WIFI connection, and it is accessible all throughout the hostel

Cheers and Safe Travels.

Sara - General Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I loved this hostel! made friends with a pack of sexy brazilians and we played monopoly and drank beer in the lounge. Great beach front boardwalk location was ideal for a picturesque Venice beach visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hostel is right on the beach and right in the midst of all the venice craziness which was perfect. Its above a cool bar and the staff were friendly - with activities and outtings planned regularly. However the ventilation in the rooms was pretty awful and even in January it was a pretty miserable nights sleep. Maybe I just got a bad room. I'd definitely give it another try, but if they are lookin for tips to improve thats a major one.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for the feedback. Glad that you enjoyed our location, staff and activities! We will look into the ventilation issue and make any appropriate changes.

Cheers and Safe Travels

Sara, General Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here in July 2013 for 3 nights before traveling around North coast America. I had a private room which was a good size double which had a wardrobe, fan, tv, fridge and a sink.When I was at the hostel it was clean and my room was cleaned whilst I was out.

The location for the hostel is key! Right of the beach front, when reading the description for the hostel I didn't believe it would be so close. Was nice to walk up and down the sea front, to Santa Monica and see what Venice Beach has to offer!

The staff was very friendly trying to get me involved in everything going at the hostel and providing lots of info also one member of staff carried my bag up the stairs which I was very grateful for as that could of took me a while!

If I was going to go back to Venice I'd stay here again and also recommend it to friends

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cas_ox

Thank you for the feedback! We love to hear that our guests enjoyed the hostel - the staff, the location, the activities and amenities. Looking forward to having you stay with us next time you find yourself in Venice!

Cheers and Safe Travels.