“Find another hotel.”

Inn at Venice Beach
Ranked #9 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Claims its walking distance from Venice beach, but it's better to drive. Hidden "tourism" fee and the front desk lady was an idiot. Room was very nice though, balcony was just a little small. Only enough room to stand there. Noisy. Id find another hotel next time I visit.

• Stayed: September 2012
Venice419, Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We regret that your experience with us was not completely satisfactory. Although I am glad that you found the room to be nice, I am concerned about your thoughts on the overall stay. Please feel free to contact me so that I may address your concerns. In regards to our proximity to the beach (2 blocks), we like to recommend walking because it helps save our guests money by avoiding beach parking fees (typically ranging from $10-$20).

Thank you for your comments!

Maggie Oliva
Inn at Venice Beach

Reviewed 8 September 2012

First, this Inn met our must-have criteria: great comfy bed, quiet room, short walk to the beach and near lots of restaurants. if you're a fan of chains, skip this - it has friendly staff, small bathrooms, charming courtyard with a basic continental breakfast. The Starbucks is a one minute walk and opens at 530AM. we had great meals at the Mexican restaurant next door and the homemade soup at C&O Trattoria just down the way.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJWaters
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My wife, son (who's five) and I stayed at the Inn at Venice Beach for three nights in August 2012. The Inn is a small, boutique hotel that's recently been renovated. The rooms are spacious and funky. They have a great courtyard where they serve breakfast. It's very close to the beach and the Venice Beach pier, probably a four-minute walk. Probably about a 20-minute walk to the famous Venice Beach outdoor gym and restaurant area. There is quite a bit of noise from the street, so I would ask for a room away from the road if possible. (Or bring ear plugs, which I now do whenever I'm on vacation as you never know what you're going to find.) Keep in mind that I believe the inner rooms don't have an outside window at all- they face the courtyard. Not sure what they're like inside but it seemed like they would be a bit dingy-feeling.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank johnnycanuck72
Venice419, Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay! I'm glad you liked the location and accessibility to the beach. Our location is something that we don't take for granted. Being a popular destination hotel, places us in an area where a variety of fun activities take place. For those who prefer the peace and quiet, we also offer rooms that have a beautiful view of our cobblestone courtyard. All of our rooms are tastefully renovated. We would like to welcome you back on your next trip to Venice!

Maggie Oliva

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We found it hard to find a decent and reasonably priced hotel in that area. This one was a good choice. The rooms are pleasant and adequate, and the inner courtyard and fountain a nice little area to have your breakfast (included in the price) in the morning. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. The one drawback however is the noise from the street. Try to get an inner room, although I imagine that if you want to sleep in the morning you could be bothered by the noise of the people having their breakfast in the courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FreddyAppollo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My brother, his friend and I are taking a trip in LA right now. Venice beach was fun and we had a great time.

The inn has a fancy artistic look inside and outside. The room is very clean. Staff nice. Breakfast not special but tasty. The walk from the inn is not more than 5 mins, along with many grea restaurants. Good view if you get a room facing the ocean. Area is fairly safe as my brother and his friend walked at midnight without having any trouble. If the price wasn't as pricy, this is like one of the best place that's new and modern you could find in the area, and I would give it a five star review.

Recommend for people who want night lives.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PoLikesToTravle
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The Inn at Venice Beach was a true treat. It was clean, comfortable, amazing location (just a few walking blocks from the beach and good eats) & the staff were friendly. The rooms were a decent size. Although the washrooms are a bit tiny, but very clean. They offer breakfast as well. I would stay here again & would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I was on the main floor were my veranda opened to the court yard which I really liked:)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank catherine_cacoutis
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Inn at Venice Beach is a good value boutique hotel situated just two blocks from the beach in Venice, CA. The hotel is small (just 47 rooms) and does not offer a wide array of room choices or amenities. That being said, it is clean, comfortable, has a great location, and the staff are friendly.

The hotel itself was renovated within the last 6 months, and given that this is not a 5 star, no expense spared resort, I think they did a fine job with the remodel. The design is modern/minimalist, hip, and playful.

The most important factor for me at this price point ($150-$200/night) is having clean facilities. I don't expect room service, concierge services, dry cleaning, bathroom attendants, etc... But I do expect clean, well furnished rooms, working electronics, and courteous treatment. The Inn at Venice delivered in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Jamaica Bay Inn
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Inn at Venice Beach? Share your experiences!