“Very nice, cozy hotel-excellent location!!”

Inn at Venice Beach
Ranked #9 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We spent 4 nights at this cozy hotel that is just two blocks from the beach. It definitely wins points for location! And it’s one reason we chose this hotel. We had several things on our list to do around L.A. but didn’t do very many of them as we so thoroughly enjoyed being so close to the ocean that we spent the majority of our time in and around Venice. Upon our arrival to the hotel we were greeted by the friendly man at the front desk. Our room was ready early so that was a nice surprise. It was a clean and nice sized room, perfect for our stay. There is a breakfast buffet that is included with the room. They had basic breakfast items: cereals, bagels, bread for toast, muffins, English muffins, croissants, yogurts, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, peanut butter, cream cheese, jams. So there was plenty to choose from to start the day with a substantial breakfast. And you could eat inside where the food is or there is a courtyard outside with tables and chairs as well. There was just one thing that might have been an issue had I not brought ear plugs. We were in room 106 which is on the front corner of the hotel that faces Washington Blvd. I would just warn future hotel guests that if you have problems sleeping, either bring ear plugs or ask for an interior room. There was a lot of noise from Washington Blvd. But it was not an issue for me as I used my ear plugs to sleep which I usually do when I’m travelling. Each staff that we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. The hotel manager gave us a map and highlighted and circled many things in the area for us to do which was greatly appreciated. I would definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel was great! Super friendly staff (Martin was so nice), cute, clean, quiet rooms with great Philosopy products!
Very close to the beach and Venice bike or walking path and Famous Venice Canals.
Free light breakfast, which was nice and walking distance to Starbucks and fun places to eat or drink!
They let us keep our personal bikes in our room!
Awesome romantic get away for me and my hubby! We'd go back for sure!

Room Tip: Our room at the back of the hotel was very quiet, not sure how the front rooms would be on busy Wash...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammi T
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Martin is the man, so nice and accomidating, rooms were so cute, so close to the beach! I am coming back here to stay when in Venice! I am from Las Vegas so I know hotels! The rooms were clean and the continental breakfast was great! Loved the little court yard for eating and the people there are awesome! If you come to Venice beach you should definatley get a room here!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This place is amazing. Our event was cancelled and they let us get a refund for the nights we could not use. we will definately be back! Breakfasts were great and the rooms are clean, large and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed here for a night while on a business trip and really enjoyed it! It's close to all the good Venice/Marina Del Rey/Abbot Kinney hot spots and two blocks from the beach! The decor is fun and modern and the rooms are comfortably sized with little balconies facing out. The bed was beyond comfortable and love the Philosophy brand toiletries! They also have free wifi and breakfast which is always a huge plus! Parking available for $7/night (such a deal). Last but definitely not least, the employees were all extremely helpful, friendly, and accommodation. I will definitely be staying here again if when I come through LA.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is a great place near the action of Venice, within walking to the Venice pier, fun evening joints and an easy drive to everywhere in Venice/ Santa Monica/Marina del ray area. They were pleasant at the front desk, yummy fresh baked cookies in the afternoon at a freshly rehabbed inn with a large dose of orange, fun and playful! Cannot wait to stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed here for one night at the end of our stay in California. It has recently been redesigned, and while it's clean and modern, the decor does seem a little cheap.

There was an odd smell of gas in our room before we checked out (to the point of making us feel quite ill, and worried - they were re-doing the car park at the time so I think that may have been something to do with it.) The bathrooms were very basic, but if you need somewhere clean and (fairly!) stylish to stay on a budget in Venice, then this is a good choice.

The location is good, 5 minutes walk from the beach. I'm not sure I would stay here again, but it wasn't a bad experience

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Jamaica Bay Inn
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Marina Del Rey Hotel
#1 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Inn at Venice Beach? Share your experiences!