“Nice Boutique Hotel - Great Venice Beach Location”

Inn at Venice Beach
Ranked #8 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Thanks to my wife back home in Minnesota and the favorable reviews she had seen on Tripadvisor, and after considering one other highly recommended alternative - I booked this hotel the afternoon I arrived in Venice to help my son move into his new place. I am glad that I did. There is alot to like in this small hotel.
The staff was extremely personable and attentive. The rooms are clean and quiet. The decor and furniture were fresh and attractive, and the bed was very comfortable. My third floor room even had a small balcony with a great neighborhood view. The beach, Venice Pier, and miles of pedestrian walkway are three short blocks away. There are a number of restaurants nearby.
This was a great place to spend a few days in Venice Beach!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Patrick B
Venice419, General Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your comments and give us this positive review. Our staff is very much dedicated to providing exceptional customer service for every guest, every time.

Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Warm Regards,
Maggie Oliva
Inn at Venice Beach

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights in January 2014. Perfect location - stones throw from the beach (one block) but close enough the highway and the airport to be completely accessible if you rent a car. The room was small but I really only slept in my room, too much to do in LA to stay in an hotel room. The mini fridge was an added bonus. Not sure if my room was supposed to have a microwave but I wouldn't have used it even if it did. The free breakfast was a fresh and perfect version of what continental breakfast is in most boutique hotels. I traveled alone and always felt safe and comfortable in the hotel and the location in Venice. Parking was also only $10 which you can't beat. I would not recommend this hotel for public transport but if you have a car, its probably one of the best places you can stay in the area. The only con I had was the door to my room didn't go all the way down to the floor, so in my room I could hear people walking with heels on the part of the hallway that was concrete. Overall though, excellent hotel for the price and area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DCphoto
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We loved this little boutique hotel right in the heart of venice beach. Only a few blocks away from the beach, and beside a dozen fantastic restaurants and cafe's. The hotel was lovely. Small but super cute. Our room was very clean, and we loved the decor. the staff were all very friendly too. Cant wait to head back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Great place to stay for couples or if you have a small family - within walking distance to the beach/Venice boardwalk. Comfortable non-folding rollaways available for each of the king bed rooms (for your child/pre-teen) and bicycle rentals available right there at the hotel. Free, healthy daily continental breakfast available, with fresh, piping hot coffee! Upgraded, clean, comfortable rooms/beds and great, hot showers and big flat screen TVs in each of the rooms. Free (high-speed, works well) WiFi offered as well. Free fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies offered each afternoon in the lobby. Convenient on-site hotel parking ($10/night, which is good for LA). Even though this hotel is right on a busy street, it was still quiet enough to get a good night's sleep (you can also request a room that faces the internal courtyard, which is quieter if you need total and complete slience!)

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor (there are only two floors) with a room facing either the interna...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SGMLeesburg_Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a great little place. I would mention the name of all the staff that I came in contact with but fear I may forget someone. Everyone was helpful, friendly, smiling and warm, I wanted to work there. The location is perfect for a walk to Venice Beach or a hidden gem, the Venice Canals. I came to visit family and friends and may come back more often now that I have a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I love this cute hotel! Great value, staff is friendly, rooms are clean & comfortable, nice breakfast, parking is easy, great location (walking distance to great restaurants, Venice pier, boardwalk, shopping, rollerblading, beach, etc) Highly recommend! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room if possible...room not facing Washington Blvd.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CrackersMalibu_CA
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Hotel was great. Very helpful staff and located near Venice beach. Our only issue, and this is not the hotels fault but our own, is that we spent a fair bit on taxis to go to some of the places we wanted to. Bus system into downtown leaves a lot to be desired. If you have a car, then not a problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Westside
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
#15 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Inn at Venice Beach? Share your experiences!