“Two plus a few in a room with a view...”

Ranked #9 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Two plus a few in a room with a view...”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Covered parking for my convertible, great service at check-in and able to get in early. Location is (2) blocks off the beach with several restaurants nearby, great location. The two of us stayed one night in a third floor room with a loft. Modern decor with recent remodel, flat screen tv's and comfortable beds. Small kitchenette and balcony with a view were nice surprises. However, upon entry the room was stuffy and warm. The AC cooled the lower level quite nicely but the loft was never really comfortable until very late in the evening. Unfortunately, that proved to be the perfect recipe for bed bugs. A day later, my friend began to itch followed by a dozen or so bites that later turned to welts then sores. I wanted to give this location a great review but based on the "critters" we shared the room with, I cannot. I would however give them a second chance as most everything else was done well and went smoothly.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank DBQUIZ
Venice419, General Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for phoning the hotel to report the possible incident. We really appreciate you taking the time, as it gave us the opportunity to respond quickly to the matter. I am happy to inform that a professionally trained critter detecting K9 was brought into the hotel and cleared the room. After the phone conversation you had with our Front Office Manager, he immediately sent our Housekeeping Supervisor to inspect the room and she did not find signs of them. To be 100% sure, we placed the room out of order and hired the company who brought in the professionally trained K9 to inspect not only your room but 9 additional rooms surrounding yours. I am happy to report that the inspection came back “negative” for pests in all 10 rooms, and treatment was not required. Thank you for the courtesy call! Even though it was a false alarm, it is better to be safe and sure! Our guest’s safety is our number one priority. I hope your friend is ok. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything else I can do for you.

We would love to have you stay with us again!

Inn at Venice Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and chose it based on the strength of the recommendations it received from other travelers. I am so glad I did! This is a great little property just two blocks from the beach, and right off the Venice Canals. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with fun, modern decor. There was a lot of street noise at night, but that was to be expected based upon the central location in Venice Beach. A cold buffet breakfast is included in a lovely courtyard. The staff is friendly and welcoming, but not overly intrusive. There are a number of good restaurants within walking distance, and if you are driving, freeway access isn't too far away. If I go back to L.A. and want to be near the beach, I would absolutely stay at this property again. Thanks for a very nice stay!

Room Tip: The double queen rooms on the corner are very spacious with natural light. Street noise is present...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer Gibert M
Venice419, General Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad you found us too and we appreciate your feedback because it really does give people an opportunity to know about us, that wouldn’t find us any other way. So thank you for that!! We value your feedback and welcome all comments! I’m so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you’ll return if you’re ever in the area.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed for our last night in USA. Only a couple of hundred yards from Venice Beach and parking (for extra) on site.

Good room with different, slightly retro, decor and a comfortable bed and exceptional service from the staff - checked in (and parked) early without problem, made to feel really welcome and Jennifer booked us a table at a local restaurant and got us a VIP reservation and free desert!

Room at the back was very quiet and we got a good night's sleep. Breakfast fairly standard, but able to sit out in a lovely little courtyard.

Room Tip: Rooms around the courtyard may get noise from breakfast and the road at the front gets busy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill1609
Dear Bill1609,

Thank you for giving the Inn at Venice Beach an opportunity to serve your lodging needs! I am happy to know that our staff provided exceptional service and that Jennifer was able to book your dinner reservations with a free desert! I will make sure to thank her for making it a VIP experience for you!

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Inn for a night with my 3 month old daughter. We had such a great experience and I think we're gonna be making a stop at this place again when we pass by LA.

First, the room looks great, Well kept. I really like the modern funky look. We didn't have to worry about disturbing other guests with our baby crying because our room was perfectly sound proof. The receptionist also put us in the back area of the building so we don't get too much street noise. I thought that was nice.

Location is exactly what we were looking for and more. Just a block away from the Venice canals and 3 blocks away from the boardwalk. Tons of restaurants every where from a nice brunch to cheap tacos.

The only thing that I could think of that was a bit weird was that the floor felt uneven in our room.

All in all we had great experience staying here. Great service, room and location that is reasonably priced.

We're definitely coming back!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ligayadomingo
Dear Ligayadomingo,

Thank you so much for staying with us! It was a pleasure having you and your family here! I’m thrilled to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed our hotel and location. Even better is the news that you’ll be coming back! We love to see familiar faces walk through our doors. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We valued and appreciate your feedback!

Uxbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here on Sunday April 13th. Got the Venice Beach around noon with no reservations, we had checked this inn out a few times on line. Walked in, they let us in to see the room, clean, had everything we needed, they let us check in right away. The room was decorated in a retro style, very clean, very close to everything. Parked the car and didn't think about it til the next day.
Staff was great. Loved our stay. Almost forgot the great breakfast served next to the beautiful patio area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christine3464
Venice419, General Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Christine3464,

Thank you for giving the Inn at Venice Beach an opportunity to serve you! I am excited to know that you loved your stay! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I would like to thank the staff member Rasha for going far above and beyond her duties during my recent visit at this quite memorable establishment. I had some personal issues that had unexpectedly come up and was in need of assistance. Rasha took charge of the situation, got me the help I needed and made sure I was well taken care of. The hotel has been nicely remolded and very close to the beach and the festivities. The staff, especially Rasha, is exceptional. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend the Inn at Venice Beach!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Oceangal53,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us! I’m thrilled to hear that Rasha went above the call of duty. We are very fortunate to have her on our team! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on her service! I will make sure to share your feedback with her. I am certain it will make her very happy to know that she made your stay a memorable one.

We appreciate your recommendation to others and look forward to seeing you again soon!

England
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel was great. It was clean, modern and had a really attractive interior design. The rooms were spacious and ours had a little balcony. There was plenty of parking at the back of the hotel and the street it was on had a lovely neighbourhood feel to it, with lots of restaurants, bike rental and close to the sea. The very attractive canal region was a stones throw away.

The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful and the cookies at reception every afternoon were a nice touch.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Berecca
Venice419, General Manager at Inn at Venice Beach, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Ms. Rebecca,

It was a pleasure having you with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I’m happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel and location! We are very fortunate to be so close to the beach, to many great eateries and the lovely Venice Canals. I’m glad you had an opportunity to explore our neighborhood and take great memories back home!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Jamaica Bay Inn
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,229 reviews

Been to Inn at Venice Beach? Share your experiences!