“Very pleased with this hotel - I would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Venice Beach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Inn at Venice Beach
Ranked #13 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto, Canada
“Very pleased with this hotel - I would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel with two family members for 6 nights. We rented the loft room and they took the bed in the upper section while I slept on the futon on the main level. We had a third floor apartment facing Washington Blvd. The loft room had a small kitchenette where there was a mini fridge, a sink, and a coffee maker.

The hotel seemed like it was in fine shape. First and foremost, the hotel had a great location. The walk to the Venice pier, the beach, and the boardwalk was only 2 or 3 minutes. Santa Monica was only a few miles to the North as well. The carpets in the hotel may be a little old but the rooms, blankets, and towels all smelled clean. Everything was nicely cleaned in the kitchenette and bathroom as well. There was a large CRT TV on both levels of the loft.

The futon was comfortable enough, I had no problems sleeping on it. Light sleepers should beware of the noise coming from the street. There is a bar/club located just down the street where there were live bands and loud people until around midnight on weekends and one of the weeknights that we were there. We didn't mind much, and found the noise to be more than tolerable when you simply left the patio door shut. We opted to leave ours open most nights, but I am a very heavy sleeper. I awoke to the sound of a jackhammer that had apparently been drilling across the street for the last 2 hours, so noise was no issue for me.

The service was very good. We would head down for breakfast and by the time we got back up to our room it would already be finished. They would neatly remake the beds and replace all of the towels, and also replaced the creams and such that were complimentary and a big help.

The continental breakfast was delicious. They had a reasonable assortment of coffee, juices, bagels, pastries, and fruits to choose from. The dining room was clean, but we chose to eat in the courtyard every morning. It was a very nice setting with a fountain and was open to the elements (no roof) which was a nice way to start each morning.

The receptionists were all very nice to us. They would always smile and greet us everytime we came back into the hotel and seemed like genuinely kind people. There was also the convenient computer with a printer in the lobby where we were able to print off our boarding passes.

There was lots of parking for the hotel available at $7 a day which was fair.

All in all, I would gladly return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Until_It_Sleeps

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

The Inn at Venice Beach is a nice hotel in a great location. We stayed there 2 years in a row. It is in walking distance to the beach and great restaurants.The continental breakfast is good enough that you wont need to go someplace additionally. The rooms are large and comfortable. If you can, request a room in the courtyard by the continental breakfast. This will offer a buffer from the outside noise, the room is also a little larger although you wont have a window or any type of view to the outside. I did wake up one morning around 2am to the police frisking some people that they lined up on the 2nd floor.

Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

This hotel is ideal if you like feeling less tourist as you usually feel in a hotel. The price is unbeatable for what you get. Cute little breakfast, parking on the property, very nice staff. Totally worth it!

• Stayed April 2009
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

For the price you pay to stay there you'd think they'd be able to do the most simple thing like answer the phone. I had to call 3 times before someone picked up, and when I did it was loud. I could barely hear the person on the phone, all I could hear were other people laughing and talking in the background.

I tried to speak with a manager but I was questioned like a criminal about why I wanted to speak with someone and then when I talked to the manager I was dismissed. Won't ever stay here, won't have clients stay here, won't even let my dog walk by here ever again.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CostalTraveler55
Greater Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2010

We stayed at the In at Venice Beach for 3 nights in January and really enjoyed our stay. It's a quirky little place - and it is an older motel that's had a makeover as someone mentioned, but it's been done very well, so why would that matter? The rooms are clean and fresh, the beds are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms have been renovated. They put loads of pillows & cushions and lovely crisp, white cotton sheets on the beds, which we really liked. We were given a corner room, and our family of 5 plus 5 large suitcases fitted easily.

Venice Beach is an expensive place to stay, so I think that the rates at the Inn were very reasonable. Venice Beach is a quirky area & I really think that the hotel is well suited to the area. If you're looking for a large international, impersonal hotel, then this isn't the one for you. It's small, comfortable and friendly. Our room was at the back of the hotel & we didn't hear any street noise at all in the 3 nights we were there. My husband & daughter used their little gym & liked it. They also included a very good continental breakfast, with various fresh toasts and pastries, cereals, boiled eggs and a variety of juices, teas & coffee.

It's just a short stroll to the beach & boardwalk, or you can stroll through the backstreets towards the boardwalk & see all the lovely houses along the canals. Across the road you can wander to Marina del Rey and look at all the poor people's boats!

We would both stay there again & also recommend it to friends & family.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Dromomaniac
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2010

Planning a trip to LA for me usually gets me in a cold sweat. There's several reasons for this, trafffic being on the top of the list, choosing an inexpensive, clean and centralized hotel in a large city such as Los Angeles is a close second. I decided to combat the traffic issue by activating my navigation on my Blackberry (Highly recommended and worth the extra bucks).
After reseaching a variety of hotels, motels, B & Bs, I settled on the Inns at Venice Beach.
My teenage son and I rolled into Venice late on Saturday night and tenitively strolled into the small lobby adjacent to the garage. We received a warm welcome, quick service and directions to a late meal from a pleasent young man at the front desk.
As we rode the elevator and walked the mezzanine around the open court yard to our room my son and I to agreed that so far so good, the Inn seemed pleasent enough.
While the Inn at Venice is not a four star, four diamond property it is a clean and straight to the point "funky boutique hotel" in a great and safe neighborhood. The beach is a block away, restaurants are plenty and acess to all major highways are less then 10 minutes away (very easy with the help of a good map and or navigator, again highly recommended for us out of towners).
The Inn offeres a free, fresh and plentiful continental breakfast and pleasent customer service. My only disappointment was the noise, as mentioned earlier we arrived to the hotel late and the hope of sleeping in was diminished with the noise of early raisers and housekeeping as the rooms don't seem well insulated and sound traveled straight through the walls and through the pillow that covered my head forcing me to start my day at the crack of dawn. Because the hotel is in such a great neighborhood my son and I did not hesitate to grab our sneakers and go for a morning run through the eclectic streets of Venice turning my crumpy, early rise into a very pleasent day...
Yes I would recommend the Inn at Venice to everyone I know. Infact as this trip was a college tour trip and my son's top choice of school is right in the heart of LA I predict that I'll be visiting the Inn at Venice again, with ear plugs and sneakers in tow. The price is right, the employees are friendly, the locations is great, and the rooms are clean, four out of 5 ain't to shabby.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Montereyblue2
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

1. Got best rate at travelocity, which was still $160ish with taxes for a Thu night.
2. Hotel on very busy main street, Washington St. We were assigned a room on the street side and it was loud! There was a bus stop outside.
3. Hotel appears to have been a low level motel or hotel, but was redecorated with new paint, carpet, and bedding to update its look to try to be sold as a botique hotel that is trendy. For the money this hotel was definately not what we were expecting (we were thinking more like Marriott for the price and location).
4. Positivies - 2 blocks from Venice beach pier; 1 mile from Venice beach boardwalk; 3 miles from Santa Moniica Pier. Easy to walk, rent a bike, or use public transportation (bus #1 Venice). Close by shopping for stops to the grocery store, drug store, movie theathers, Santa Monica shopping, etc. Free cookies upon arrival. 10-15 minute drive from airport. Room is clean and does have a fridge, but no microwave.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Shore Hotel
Shore Hotel
#2 of 36 in Santa Monica
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,678 reviews

Been to Inn at Venice Beach? Share your experiences!