“Loved the Cad”
Review of Cadillac Hotel

Cadillac Hotel
Ranked #259 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We only stayed here on night at the end of a motorbike holiday from Orlando to LA. We wanted something in Venice Beach that wasn't too expensive and had parking - the view of the beach itself was just an added bonus. We loved the art deco feel to the hotel, and our room whilst small, was clean and comfortable.

The location was amazing ... just out of the busy part of Venice, but still close enough to enjoy all the eccentricities that VB has to offer and plenty of dining/drinking options available very close by. The guy on the front desk - Moses from memory - was pleasant and welcoming, always a nice touch.

In all it was only one night, but we would have happily stayed longer if we weren't heading out to Vegas. Should I return to LA, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I got a groupon for this hotel as a finale to our Route 66 trip from Houston. When we drove up, I was informed that the hotel parking lot was full and must park in the public lot 2 blocks away. Walking 2 blocks with 3 women's luggage in the middle of the night may sound fun to some, but us! Then we were informed that the hotel had no AC. In my book, AC is not a luxury, but a prerequisite. You shouldn't have to ask if AC is included, just like indoor plumbing or electricity. It is 2014... Luckily, we found a more suited hotel nearby with AC and cleanliness. Be very wary of this hotel! It may be in a great location, but look at what you give up!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank texasgirl75
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I was looking for something cheap and close to the beach with parking. I got exactly what I wanted at Cadillac. That being said, I also have low standards for housing. I often stay in hostels when traveling alone. This place is in need of some updating- carpeting is stained and the windows don't stay open- and the walls are paper thin. The first floor lounge is welcoming though, there's free coffee and cappuccino, there are lounging chairs on the roof, and the front desk staff is wonderful. Great restaurant right next door, and the beach is right there. Limited parking... You can stay overnight in some neighborhood lots, just don't park on the street. You will get towed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Perfect name, Cadillac. It's a classic old banger this hotel. Perfect for the Camden types. The north London brigade, a bit grungy, a bit Amy Winehouse and although great fun, I'm glad I was here for work and not on a romantic break. It's right on the beach, the best beach in the world, and the bike hire, from reception, is perfect for a trek up to Santa Monica and back. ROOFTOP.... It's a hidden gem, not overly inviting, a lack of comfort isn't ideal, but the views, and atmosphere especially at night are unforgettable. You can park your Caddy, or Ford or whatever in the parking at the back for an additional fee, not too much, and wifi, slightly annoyingly is 5 dollars a day. However, this is a budget hotel in the world's second best city, with the world's best climate. Soak up the Camden-on-sea chaos and creativity at the Cadillac. I'm coming back, but not with the missus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Was it just the full moon cuz I had a GREAT weekend at the Cadillac. Jay greeted me and I felt like we had been best friends for years. He gave me the rundown on the boardwalk and where to eat. There is something about the front desk person that can make or break your stay at a hotel so give Jay a raise!!

Cadillac is modern, clean, not fussy, great bed, and has free coffee in the lounge.

Critique: Light in bathroom was one bulb and way too dim, pillows were too skinny. And PS: they could do so much more with the lounge. It's a little sterile. Needs comfy couches, pillows, maybe a piano in the corner or some musicians on the weekend playing peaceful tunes, mood lighting. They could sell coffee etc to fund this expanded service. TV has poor reception.

Great views and a great price. I'll be back, it will be MY place every time I come to Venice.

Tere C

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are noisier in the daytime but you're probably out having fun then anyway. Sh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

(+) Location for walking. Smack on the Venice/Santa Monica beach path, super convenient for meals, runs, hanging out on the beach. It's a nice 15 min stroll to the Santa Monica Pier
(+) $20 parking was more than I would normally pay but lot was right next to hotel and relatively inexpensive for time of year and location
(+) Room rate was about half what we could find on short notice. The Rose Bowl was happening, so you were either paying $300+ to stay in nice hotel in Santa Monica or stay at a dingy motel in the area.
(+) We didn't get a chance to check it out but they have a rooftop area - cool to hang out at night

(-) Felt nickle and dimed for $5 Wi-Fi
(-) Thin walls and so-so service
(-) Venice is an acquired taste. Maybe we are just Santa Monica type of people.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I have been coming here for a few years now, it's a great base and has everything around it at your finger tips! It's location, food, beach,light beverages with cafés within walking distance. The Cadillac itself the beds are so comfortable, rooms are simple BUT clean and tidy! A great chill area with TV and coffee and tea facilities. Wifi $5.00 one off fee. Free Car parking is a challenge on the weekend unless you pay $20 a day for parking at the Cadillac. Having said that on the weekend Venice beach is very popular.

Gold Coast, Australia

#10 of 11 in Marina del Rey
The Kinney
The Kinney
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Cadillac Hotel? Share your experiences!