“I don't usually write reviews but this was so good....”
Review of Cadillac Hotel

Cadillac Hotel
Ranked #242 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lk. Havasu City, AZ
“I don't usually write reviews but this was so good....”
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Even on a holiday weekend parking about which I'd been warned was tight but orderly and flexible. I used the hotel as a base and with my rental car visited four commercial locations on the West Side without difficulty. The staff took time and pains to direct me to sights I had not seen though I visit the LA area often. Rooms immaculate, service superb for a low budget hotel. Great views from the hotel roof from which I took many pictures. Numerous high quality restaurants are within walking distance. Hotel is an architectural monument but the improvements within are first class and current.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2009

We stayed for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hotel has a fantastic position right on Venice Beach Boardwalk. We loved the atmosphere of Venice Beach. The staff were always very helpful when we had any questions and booked our tours for us. The room was very clean and was big enough for the three of us. There are plenty of places to eat very close by and the shop across the street was very handy. Our first night when we went our walking I was a bit unsure how safe it was but we never encountered any problems. We would certainly go back again.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Tucson
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We arrived early with some friends who recommended we arrive early to get a parking place. Little did we know that they only have parking for 17 cars and don't give parking passes for those spaces. We arrived around 11:30 a.m. well before check in or check out and were denied a parking pass although we had already parked in their parking area and there were at least 4-5 empty spaces. We waited til 1:00 to check in because they would not let us check in any sooner and at that time we still could not get a parking pass. Don't know why but we upgraded our room prior to check in and payed for probably the most expensive room in the hotel facing the beach on the 3rd floor. I would think for $225.00 per night they could slip us a parking pass. Needless to say we never got a parking pass and had to pay $40.00 to a parking lot to stay until 12:00 noon the next day otherwise we would have to move our car at 9:00 a.m. Our friends asked if they had handicapp parking and the check in desk insisted they did not have any until our friend basically told her that they are required to have handicapp and that is the only reason they were issued a parking pass. The room seemed clean, the decor was ok, but they took shortcuts everywhere when mounting the TV's and doing their finish work. The windows were filty and the homeless people woke us up VERY EARLY the next morning. Seems they can't talk in a normal tone. They were so loud you could hear them 3 blocks away. The lobby of the hotel is so plain and unlike a hotel lobby so much that if you did not know where you were going you would never think it was a hotel lobby. The elevator was very small 2 people and very clostrophobic. Oh yeah! The wireless was not free and even if you were willing to pay for it it did not work. I feel cheated!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

nj
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Walking in to the Cadillac was a trip in itself...
At first I was taken aback that there was no A.C. in the room..but soon realized you didnt need one with the beach breeze...The rooms were small but quaint and very, very clean!!
The bathrooms were adorable and updated..The whole laid back atmosphere of the hotel was such a refreshing change for me and my boyfriend..I will be back in June and we will be staying there again..There is a little restaurant on the boardwalk next to the hotel called the candlelight..IT IS AMAZING The breakfast is out of this world..The best breakfast I have EVER eaten!!! I love Cali and I love Venice.. :) I want to live there..lol

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The staff was absolutely great, responded to guests immediately, answered all my questions... and to top it off, it was only four block's from my adult children's home. Walked to breakfast across the alley every morning at a excellent little bistro on the beach walk, four star Italian restaurant next door, and a convenience store on the opposite corner of the building. I didn't have to start my car for four days... live music at a venue two doors North... on and on, I can't imagine a better, more beautiful location to take in the SoCal beach! I love you guys!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We had mixed feelings about staying at the Cadillac based on many reviews here. Having visited Venice Beach before, we were prepared for the characters that hang around the boardwalk. With that in mind, you shouldn't have any problems with them. These people can be very entertaining. At night, because we have a small child, we put him to bed and took in the sights below from the fire escape. My boyfriend often went out to grab some drinks or snacks at night and he felt safe enough. The noise does subside at around 11:00 p.m.
If you book, try to get the Charlie Chaplin room. It has a great view of the boardwalk and the beach, and right beside the fire escape. It had enough room for all three of us to maneouver; it wasn't a huge room, but it was fine. We even had a cot in the room for my son. The decor was fresh and modern, and the bathroom was very spacious and beautifully done. It was great to have an IPod dock. We used it at night to mute out the outdoor noise, and it was nice to fall asleep to. The t.v. worked great, and there was tons of room in the closet. The cleaning crew kept the room impeccable each day we stayed. Only complaint about the room was that the towels were in need of being replaced as they were very rough and old.
The staff at the front desk was very helpful. We asked them if they knew a good sushi restaurant and they went to the trouble of googling it and finding us a few choices with directions. The lobby was in need of being renovated in terms of the furniture choices, but I have a feeling that is coming. The floor was a work of art and very eccletic - as is much of Venice! The staff let us store our rental bikes in the storage area which was very accommodating. They also went out of their way to go to the restaurant across the street to fetch us some wine glasses.
The rooftop is very nice to enjoy the views from, but could stand to be cleaned from all the cigarette butts and bird droppings.
As a whole, we loved staying at this hotel. It was well worth the price for this area, and if we visited again, we would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kanelson
Yountville, California
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I first visited the Cadillac Hotel five years ago and was impressed by its location and accessibility to LAX, Santa Monica the Venice Beach Boardwalk and numerous activities available in the area. This time I returned with my 14 year young son for spring break in LA. We travelled from Vancouver, Canada. First off I am very aware that Venice Beach reflects a diverse and eclectic mix of society and in part that alone can contribute to one's experience. We felt safe and never encountered any threatening behavior from a small group of street people scattered amongst the crowd of faces from all parts of the world taking in the uniqueness of this somewhat artsy/edgy community. During our three night stay we took in a basketball game at the Staples Center, cycled the Boardwalk to Manhattan Beach and walked during the evenings to Santa Monica, and back to the hotel, it is fair to say the noise factor if any subsides by 11:30 p.m. Jeff & Shirey ( the Hotel Management ) are friendly, extremely helpful and caring. The Housekeepers/Maids do a very good job of maintaining very clean bathrooms, thoroughly vacuum the carpets, the beds are comfortable with clean, pressed white linens. In my opinion this hotel represents very good value for the price paid, it was a fun, memorable trip - we will return. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
Venice Breeze Suites
Venice Breeze Suites
#5 of 88 in Los Angeles

Been to Cadillac Hotel? Share your experiences!