“BE AWARE”

Ranked #259 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Thessaloniki, Greece
“BE AWARE”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed there for two days.Location is great ,room were ok and stuff was friendly .Everything was ok until we left the hotel for our next destination . Our credit card (which was used to pay the hotel) was charged several times (ofcourse without authorization) during the day and the day after . We used that credit card for first time at that hotel so none else could take the number. We cancelled the card and our bank noticed us that there were efforts from the hotel to use the card on next few days (they tried to order food from eat24.com). Be aware if you stay there. Pay ONLY cash or avoid the hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank pedro365

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I recently traveled to LA with 2 friends and stayed here for 3 nights before heading to Vegas. We arrived late (around midnight) and check in was easy. We originally booked a room with 2 beds, but for $10 more ($95) we decided on the room with 3 beds. The total cost per night includes all taxes and fees so that was nice to not have any additional add-on's (there is a $5 key deposit, but you get it back at the end). The location is great -- steps away from Hollywood Blvd, the walk of fame, Kodak Theater, etc. The room had a microwave and mini-fridge so we were able to buy some snacks to save on food costs. Parking is free in a semi-underground garage which is equipped with an alarm and security cameras. The room was clean and the unit we were in had a really nice, very recently updated, bathroom with 2 sinks and nice tile. It was nicer than the bathroom I had at the Marriott! Outside noise level can be a little bit much overnight, but not completely intolerable. The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. I don't think this is a "by the hour" place, but there were some shady residents -- I told my friends it kinda looked like a halfway house. Two ladies we encountered one day looked like prostitutes and there was a very obvious stench of weed through the halls each morning. As 3 females in our 20's, we never felt threatened and felt okay staying there. You can't expect the Hilton when you're paying less than $100 a night in an area where other hotels are going for almost $200 a night so this is a good place to stay if you're a budget traveler and will only use the hotel to sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Destin293
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The place is old but it's quite clean and it looks like it has been recently remodeled. The staff is friendly. Look for Mei, she is very hospitable. Overall, convenient and cheap.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Diana L
Ballarat
Reviewed 30 January 2008

We had booked over the internet for a 2 bedroom unit (let me assure you I went to GREAT pains to make sure it was a 2 BEDROOM unit not a 2 bed room (room) and all was set and booked for our arrival after they assured us they had such a room and that it was available for a good price.

I should have realised if something sounds too good to be true it usually is but I am an optimist...what can I say...

We arrived at the Hollywood 7 Star hotel and were told our room wasn't ready. OK, after a 15 hr flight not the best news but bearable. So we sat around and eventually were given a key to a room. We went upstairs in this old styled motel unit 2 storey complex and found waiting for us a 2 bed ROOM not a unit as my email had discussed and they had confirmed.

I immediately went downstairs and brought this fact up with them. Oh, we misunderstood, they claimed. I had explained in the email we were sleeping 4 adults in 2 beds etc , so unless they can't read english I am not sure how they misunderstood, but I digress.

The person dealing with us (I believe to be the son of the owner) apologises for the mix up and offers us 2 adjoining rooms further down the building, the second room at no charge for the inconvenience after I was extremely upset at hm trying to charge me one more whole room rate for the second room to fix their mistake.. OK, a workable solution we thought. 2 rooms, better than nothing...The problem though was the room was not cleaned. So he gave us ONE ket for one room (after requesting a $5 key deposit) and then asked us to come back and get the key for the adjoining room after a few hours. OK. The cleaning lady and one other staff member heard the exchange and I just thought that everything would be ok.... what a mistake..

We had a rest and a few hours later I went to get the key.

Problems start. Mr Boss mans son is gone home and the other staff member (who was there when this was all being discussed) claims to not know anything about what was discussed and the room offered to us. I insist he was right there as was Maria the cleaning lady. She had gone home to apparently. So I asked him to call the boss's son. He didn't want to and said if I didn't like it that we could leave.

I told him I would do just that and would need a refund in full of the monies we paid on my return.

So we began walking the streets at 7pm in the night looking for some suitable affordable accomodation. Hard job.

Eventually we found something with much nicer people and on my return we packed our gear and asked for our refund.

The person minding the office , reluctant to tear himself away from his girlfriend who he was making out with in the front office and his microwave burritos, told me that he didn't have any cash to give me the refund. Given that I had paid him in cash at 3pm I thought this was odd. He said too bad and just leave if you want or come back in a couple of days for your refund.

Now I asked for a receipt to prove I had paid, he rrefused to give it to me. Obviously I had paid as I had the room key (also which I had paid a deposit for). I asked him to call his boss and his son and ask them to come and refund my money. After all it was THEIR problem. i had emails with me to prove what had been booked with them. Basically their lies caused this problem and then it was compunded by the fact they failed to uphold their own solution to the problem.

Now the hotel was empty except for 2 other guests, so you would think they would like the money but no...

Burrito boy didn't want to call his boos. Seeing that we were camped on his front foyer with all our gear now starting to cause a fuss given our patience had run out, he reluctantly called and went back to his eating and making out, not telling me what was going on.

I asked what was happening and he said they would be there is 10 minutes with the refund.

So we waited, patiently.

and waited....and waited. After more than 45 minutes I asked how far they had to come and where they were. He said he didn't know and disn't care and cracked open another coke in the confines of his office and started wiatching TV, playing with his mobile and the ever present girlfriend.

So we waited more......and more...

My pateince was gone. I was getting extremely agnry as we needed to refund to pay for the other room we had arranged. Burrito boy didn't give a darn and wouldn't call the person coming or listen to me asking what was happening.

This went on for hours.He continued to party in his office completely ignoring our requests for a refund and attention.

Had I found the fuse box I would have removed the fuses so he had no power for his microwave and tv..

Eventually the son showed up and gave us our refund. HOURS later.

So they sold us one thing online, delievered another, then tried to get more money to fix THEIR mistake.
I wont even go into the place itself. It was dirty, dark, dingy, public hairs in the room and bed, staples holding plastic protectors on the carpet coming off and tripping you up....NIGHTMARE.

The Hollywood 7 Star hotel AVOID it at all costs...

Awful staff, liars and rude as well.

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING- the lies, the staff, the rudeness
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11 Thank Jetadventureguru

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Lawrence Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2007

okay place, nice staff, reasonably clean room good price and great location. it was cool to stay right in hollywood for a budget price.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
cebu city,philippines
Reviewed 8 March 2006

Stayed at Hollywood 7 star motel for 4days and everything was perfect..clean room,affordable rates and worth the stay,staff were friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed December 2005
#146 of 350 in Los Angeles
Rodeway Inn Hollywood
Rodeway Inn Hollywood
#209 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Hollywood Cityview Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!