My husband and I decided to choose the Los Angeles Athletic Club as our accommodation whilst traveling across the USA. We travelled from San Fran to L.A via bus and caught a quick 15 minute cab ($13- incl tip) from Union to LAAC.
We were given the keys to our room and directions to the facilities within the Athletic Club and Hotel.
- tasteful very masculine decor fitting in with the old world feel of the hotel itself. Think dark woods, lithographs of 1920's men doing ridiculous poses and bronze statues decorating the hallways and common areas.
- amazingly large room. For the price that we were paying my husband and I were impressed with the rooms space. Yes it is a bit dark but it was furnished with leather and had 8 different lights to utilize.
- free WiFi. With owning an iPad it was really easy to see suggestions for meals and activities to participate in
-comfortable bed with beautiful linen. I might sound overly female about this but the bed (King Size Suite) was AMAZING. The blankets were heavy and warm and the pillows were down.
- breakfast buffet was delish. I don't eat eggs but it was a protein lovers delight!
- facilities were top class. Basketball conditioning classes, Swedish massage and a full pool in downtown la is a sight to baffle you. I forgot my suit at home so needed to buy one. The staff at the pool were friendly and helpful and I paid for a speedo suit much cheaper than I would've at home- and this was at hotel prices!
- It does get deserted at night and the homeless will follow you into TA food stores (chipotle/subway). Heads down and don't engage with them and you won't find it a problem. It looks a bit eerie outside at nighttime but we caught the metro and walked to our hotel and didn't have a problem. Common sense goes a long way.
- some staff do look a bit disinterested and otherwise occupied. However. Be approachable and they will happily answer your questions. Be surly and a pain in the bum and of course you'll have problems.
This hotel is a well hidden gem and an oasis after spending long exhausting days checking out the sights and sounds of Hollywood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you need a private getaway after a long day at work, a hideaway for a romantic weekend, or accommodations for your V.I.P. guests, our 72 elegantly appointed rooms atop The Los Angeles Athletic Club await you. Guest have full access to 88,000 sq ft of athletic facilities, 3 restaurants and a rooftop lounge. Breakfast and discounted parking are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Athletic Hotel